• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And this time I'm not leaving without you; all please
    i suddenly feel like a different person
    from the roots of my soul comes a gentle coercion

The spotted woman had noticed how Ygritte paced, how her worry drove her off from the mare she had once been. With the disappearance of her father, Marlyn worried for her mother. The same amber eyes watched as the bay woman spent days searching but scared to go too far off from Sylva in case the members needed her...

...until she came to Marlyn with a request. Marlyn had agreed on the promise that one day Ygritte would return. And so with a confident nod and smile, Ygritte was turning to start her search for the spotted king.

A call is given over the forest...wavering at first with nervousness before finally ringing true. The spotted mare waits now quietly for the others to heed her call. Marlyn hopes they would come despite her voice being foreign to most of them.

When they gather, the young mare smiles slightly before coughing softly. "My mother, Ygritte, has left to find my father. I know this is sudden but she has asked me to stand as leader of Sylva till she returns." The white masked face looks outward to the others as her brown and white mane catches on the cold of autumn before she begins again. "I will not make excuses for my mother but Sylva has suffered from her distractions. I propose an idea to Sylva...a new way. I suggest Sylva be the sanctuary of Beqanna...a place safe for our children and elders...the future of Beqanna. I will remain your leader but I want us to move away from the tradition caste system. Be who you want. A guardian of the Forest! A story keeper! A peacekeeper! All I ask is to bring no harm to your self or others that reside in Sylva." Marlyn falls quiet again as she registers the faces of the other equines. "I want Sylva to grow from the past mistakes made by the horses before us but I do open the floor for suggestions and ideas. I wish for Sylva to lead the way for a new peaceful and harmonious Beqanna." A hopeful smile now spreads over the lips of the young woman as she grows a little more confident...standing a littler taller as she waits for their responses.
    marlyn
    You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why let your voice be tamed?
    I’m new to this whole kingdom-herd-land thing, but I’m pretty sure meetings are kind of important or whatever. So when a voice calls out for everyone to gather together, even if it’s a little wavery and tremulous at first, I shrug and heed the summons. Time to see what this place is made of, I guess. I’m the one who wanted a home, so odds are I’ll be representing my family (holy shit, I think we’re kind of a family. Lovers with a baby on the way, that sounds pretty familyish to me.) for stuff like this. Though, hey, maybe Rhory will want to show too, who knows.

Anyhow, point is. Call rang out and all, so I fall in and answer.

She’s young, this leader, young and apparently brand new to the role. But I like her plans for the place. No ranks, no kingdom bullshit, just home. “I like the sound of that,” I tell her, stepping forward to make myself a little more visible. I’m on the short side, after all. Slight and scruffy and not a whole lot to look at, it wouldn’t be too hard to miss me. Well, if I were quieter anyhow. Right, so I step forward and open my big mouth, as is my usual.

“Politics and whatnot aren’t really my style, you know? But somewhere safe to call home, to raise a family,” and maybe I get a dopey little grin on my face thinking about doing exactly that, “to bring people who could maybe use a little help getting back on their feet when life kicks ‘em down? I like the sound.” I’m about to step back and let someone else take the floor, when I realize these people basically have no idea who I am. “Oh, right. Uh. My name’s Arrya, and I’m kind of new here. And I brought my…” Oh look, that dopey grin’s back, and I think if I could be blushing right now I’d be bright red. As it is, I duck my head and smile. “My Rhory, along too. Tall, spotty, kinda the sweetest guy ever. We just showed up, so. Hi, I guess.”
    You've got the light to fight the shadows, so stop hiding it away.
    The mother of twins - and she suspects she carries another set of twins, by the alarmingly fast rate of her belly's growth so similar to how it was when she carried them. She smiled softly at Marlyn, having known her somewhat since she was a foal. From Ygritte's young foal to now a temporary leader.

Sunfall had never been the leader, but she knew it would be difficult. Difficult, but also a wonderful learning experience. It was time, Sunfall trusted, and Ygritte knew she was old enough to handle it.

The grey mare nodded with a growing smile when she spoke of removing the casts but that they can take on different roles if they want - as long as the role wouldn't harm the horses or the land itself. Guardian of the forest.. Sounds.. Fitting. She muses with a happy light in her eyes, her ears forward as she listens.

"I miss Kreios, and hope Ygritte will find him. I believe you will do well as our leader during your time." Sunfall speaks out, voicing her support of Ygritte's decision to appoint Marlyn and Marlyn's decision to removed the caste system.
    i suddenly feel like a different person
    from the roots of my soul comes a gentle coercion

Visible relief is sliding over her features as Marlyn stands with the land members. She does not put herself on a pedestal, she could never be her mother and lead as the woman she is. So instead Marlyn will take Sylva and make it into something the rest of Beqanna is not.

A family.

These horses, the ones who were caught between all the shouting and confusion. the vast majority who wanted peace. Sylva would be their sanctuary and safe place. The amber eyed mare's attention flicks to that of an unknown face as she speaks, backing the idea. A small laugh followed when the mare realizes that she had yet mention her name.

With a dip and a small smile, Marlyn greets the other. "Welcome Arrya and Rhory, thank you for your support." The young spotted mare is growing more confident and braver. The next to speak is Sunfall, a friend of her mother's since she was born. Lobes flicker to catch the words as the gray woman voices her agreement. "Thank you Sunfall." Finally, Marlyn feels as though this idea will work. If the land and her people supported the idea, Sylva will be a new peaceful residence for all those who desired solitude, quiet, and family. The young mare can only hope she is making her mother and father proud.

The next course of action was to inform others of the changes, of what Sylva represents. Marlyn does not ask for recruitment necessarily but to pass the word along to those who may listen. Marlyn wanted a home where everyone is welcome and there is a place for all.
    marlyn
    Kuba was still distracted by the color and beauty of sylva her amber eyes taking it all in. One could tell it was a place with a past maybe even prominent once. but she had to wonder how it got to be how it is now why the change?

She is pulled from her thoughts by equines passing by heading in sort of the same direction, bloody he'll had she missed something again?. Grey wings move slightly at her side as she decides to follow the others after all it might be important. After walking a short distant she see the group already gathered and takes a spot next to sunfall.

The weird expression she calls a grin crosses her muzzle as she takes in the small group indeed they were all drastically different but different is good isn't it?. Kuba glances at each equine catching the jist of what was going one.

Her amber eyes settle on the spotted mare she is young to have such responsibility but she has the fire to do well. Kuba adjusts her stance before speaking." I don't know much about the herd or Kingdom life but I believe a safe place is what most equines seek". It was true it was what had lead her and expanding belly to follow sunfall to sylva in the first place. A slight blush graces the greys features for a moment. These equines didn't even know who she was. Way to stick your hoof in your mouth!. " i..I am Kuba I am kind of new here". The words came out awkwardly as she stood in the small group. She never really had a family before this should be interesting

He stood off in the distance, at first these lands were that of the Falls, Kreios and Ygritte, there foals. Now they were starting to disappear one by one, he devoted his life to the kingdom and members, but it seemed that they did not share the same love. It was not Ygritte who called out, but Marlyn a foal of the previous king and queen. Announcing that she would now take over the lands, that Ygritte has left to find Kreios, he cocked his eye as he listened to her story. He agreed to follow Kreios, he agreed to follow Ygritte but he was not sure he could follow a filly who he has known since birth, a young horse who has yet to learn from mistakes. He did not want to leave his family, and he did not want to leave the Falls kingdom, but he surely did not know how to feel about Marlyn leading the lands.

He did not speak, he gave a dip of acknowledgement in case the new 'leader' should spot him in the distance. His eyes gazed over to Sunfall and a smile grew on his face, but he was done listening to this group speech. These horses were not the ones he grew up with, that he devoted his life with, they were all new, willing to follow a young mare. He gave a gentle snort and turned around to disappear into the lands, he was on the fence with these new lands.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk
    Ryuga was new and he didn't know where to go he had been running of a while he was after all only one year old. And yet he found himself alone one day and ever since has been alone. Ryuga has no idea why his family and herd abandoned him. He was named after the legnary dragon ryuga. Back where he used to live that is. Ryuga in personality was very much like the dragon but he was also still young he wasn't sure what he was supost to do. He later after an hour of running around noticed lots of horses. He watched them from a distance. He was short for now but that was cause he wasn't full grown yet. And watched them from a distance. He wasn't sure if it was safe to join in with them.
    The horses may come and go as they please. Marlyn would not stop them. Sylva was a land for the tired, the war torn. This land would be once of peace and a reminder to all of Beqanna of their follies. Amber eyes look over the crowd as the horses spoke amongst themselves. Mar gives Jedi, a stallion from her foalhood, a small but hopeful smile despite his doubt.

Another seemed to lurk along the fringes of the gathering. Anther stallion rich in mahogany and we suited for the terrain. "Hello there." Marlyn calls to the unknown male before taking a few paces closer to Ryuga. "Welcome to Sylva, I'm Marlyn." The young mare smiles with a bit of a tilt to her skull as he awaits his reply, curious and attentive.
    MARLYN
    "I'm Ryuga" the colt said stepping out from the place he had been watching. "Sorry if I'm intruding. This just seemed like a good place to maybe settle down" he said. Ryuga was still small he had just resently turned a year old. He was still not sure what to do now he was on his own finding himself alone in the world. "So is it ok if I stay" he asked ready to take off if any of the others didn't want him there. He was smart enough to know he couldn't put up much of a fight being so much younger then it looked like most of them were. Ryugas mane blew in the wind. His coloring kinda blending in with the shadowy parts of the trees and with the darker trees.

He walked in silently, his stride naturally confident. Hard brown eyes scanned those present, instinctively analyzing for threats. None of the faces were familiar save for Arrya, but it didn't bother him. He'd been surrounded by strangers his whole life, as it was a large part of his past duties. They were responsibilities that had resulted in his entire childhood spent training with various clans in each of their battle styles and tactics. And more.

It was a past he kept wholly to himself.

He cut across the terrain like a carbon blade, toned muscles loose and fluid. Gentle winds brushed out of his way as he slid to a halt in Arrya's general vicinity. He nodded to her, then proceeded to watch the others silently. He'd already learned who was in charge by everyone's mannerisms despite never meeting her personally and arriving late. Each one of them had face or chest angled toward the bespeckled woman, whether they realized it or not.

When a pause in conversation settled, he addressed her softly, meant for only her ears alone as he was a very private person and it was none of their damn business.

Arrya has guided us to our new home. I have brought a mare and child, Josie and Lanora. And I am Kade. He let a stillness expand over them, not bothering to clarify that they were not his mare and child. It didn't matter; he had brought them and so they were in his care. He felt confident that he hadn't stumbled over the word "home", nor had he hesitated in giving his adopted nickname. Neither of these were comfortable subjects for him, as he'd never truly have a home and his true name was his life wrapped within two words.