• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you've got the light to fight the shadows; kade
    You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why let your voice be tamed?
    I didn’t hear him coming. Probably should’ve, what with those great big clompy feet of his, but I might have been slightly distracted - just slightly, mind - reminding myself not to stomp around too hard for baby’s sake, and also trying to work up the nerve to go find someone to talk to. Well someone to talk to wandered right up and bit me on the ass, the son of a bitch, so I pinned my ears and bit him right back. And a hell of a lot harder, too; I’ve got no problem with the idea of drawing blood when the smartass decided to say hello with teeth to my rear end.

I turn to glare at him, ears still flat against my neck even if he does have this ridiculous smirk on his face, looking all satisfied that he’d managed to catch me unawares. I fucking hoped he was bleeding, the ass. “The only reward you get is my teeth, precious.” If I’d started talking to anyone, it would’ve been the baby, and kid damn well deserved a bit of conversation. Must be boring as hell curled up in the dark and the wet and the squick. And you had better not have anybody keeping you company, baby. One. You get to be one this time. So it’d probably get lonely too.

Oh!

A little flutter in my belly distracts me from my perfectly justified rage, and I can feel my eyes going wiiiide, and this big, dopey grin erasing the scowl from my face. Well hello there, little moonbeam. Ohhh it took me a while to figure out what that was the first time around, but this time I recognize the strange sensation of something else, something still very small, stirring inside me. I don’t even notice the light dancing around me, auroras shimmering and swaying just over my skin, flickering patterns of rainbow colors lighting up as the light remembers me and comes home to welcome my baby to its first little hints of life.

“The baby moved,” I whisper, my voice so much softer than it had been only a moment ago. And I look up at Kade, his egregious transgression forgotten. “That’s the first time I’ve felt it. Ohhh it’s really there.” Not that I’d doubted it, exactly, but it was one thing to tell Rhory that yep, I knew all these feelings, and I was definitely for sure pregnant, and a whole other thing entirely to be able to tell him I felt our little bitty someone move and ohhh it was really, really real. Mommy loves you, tiny twinkle star. Shut up, it’s no worse than moonbeam.
    You've got the light to fight the shadows, so stop hiding it away.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you've got the light to fight the shadows; kade - by Arrya - 11-07-2016, 08:55 PM