• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What is love? Baby don't hurt me! [Sahm/Newton]

now don’t you understand…that I’m never changing who I am?
    Eternal.

Everlasting

Those were the words that described Reagan, and those like her. They were the immortal pillars that held Beqanna’s magic together as if there was no way that there could ever be a rebirth. And indeed, there could not be. What magic was there, was given out. It mutated and twisted to become something new, but the pure unfettered power that comes with being a blood-born magician; those days were over. It was as such that when Jason knew his time was upon him, that he cast aside his immortality to save his son, who then became the one to hold the mantle that would become the new plank that would help hold the lands together.

For without them, the others cannot exist. They bleed the blood from the God Magic, who in turn has come from the earth, and was born out of the fairies. This power is not given lightly—and is not taken lightly.  And yet, for those who abuse the magic, it is plainly written that the power shall be stricken from the land—and those who lived through the days of the Reckoning were testaments to that fact. They eked out a living for themselves among rocks and shallow roots, and were witnesses to the stretching of time and space as only a Fairy (or a Doctor) could do.

Reagan watched the leaves change; she had been away in her homeland, seeking refuge and building her family—her armor, her fortress. She was among them and in love with them and with her mate (that dark wolf she loved so dearly), they had created something that simply could no longer be contained to the forest. With hide nor hair of their esteemed leaders about, the forest would fall into disrepair and it had been left up to Ruan and Reagan to see to its comfort. Seeking a break from this never ending circle, Reagan stretched out her neck and body to the wings that she was by now so familiar with, and took flight among the trees, dodging their trunks left and right until she cleared the canopy. Once there, she vanished, transporting herself to the meadow within the space of a breath. A pause; a heartbeat; and then she vanishes again from the sky and lands upon the earth with nary a sound, tucking her wings (useless, but pretty) into her sides and seeking out her old friends (and the one whose blood was even older). Times were changing and there was much to discuss. Sending out a pulse to all the lands in Beqanna, she requests his audience, and asks that he brings his family—his own armor—with them. She had a feeling that like her, who was now broiling with the life of another, that Newton would be similarly sported, and smiled when she thought of little Elora, who was about to become a big sister.

Sahm…I request your presence. Come to me. I have missed you, and there is much to discuss.

@[Sprite]
    @[Toli]

They were together as a family in perfect peace. Sahm stood with his head resting on his partner’s shoulders. Newton curved his neck and gently nibbled on Sahm’s side. Newton was now growing in size. His stomach was much larger then it had been with Elora, and Sahm with his magic was able to confirm the presence of two heartbeats. It was a joyous occasion when Sahm announced that Elora would be a big sister. Elora couldn’t help but explode in elation. She could not wait to have siblings. As of now Elora was meandering around her two dads. Every few moments something would catch her eye and she’d gently paw at a rock or nibble on a blade of grass. Elora wasn’t quite as content as her two fathers. They could simply stand together in warmth while she wanted to do something that resembled an adventure.

Sahm was beginning to close his eyes when an invitation was magically sent his way. He abruptly lifted his head, which caused Newton to pull his touch. ”Hey babe..” Sahm began. ”Mmhmm..” Newton replied. ”Reagan just told me she wanted to see us.” Sahm said with a growing smile. ”Oh really…? You magicians.” Newton teased as he snapped a nip onto Sahm’s mane.

”Reagan!” Elora hopped at the name of her favorite aunt. ”Auntie wants to see us? I bet she really just wants to see me.” She beamed. Sahm and Newton shook their heads and laughed quietly together. Sahm stepped toward Elora and lipped at the top of her head ”I am sure you are right, little one” Sahm said. ”Ugghhh Dad! Stop it.” Elora screeched, moving out from underneath her doting father.

The trio made their way to the meadow. It still surprised Newton how Sahm and Reagan could speak even though they were miles away. How the two of them knew where each other were at every moment. Newton guessed that magic tied the two together, and it did make him slightly jealous.

Elora was the first to spot the grey mare. She ran with a fury down a sprawling green hill and leapt into Reagan with unknown force. ”REY REY!!! Didja miss me? Huh? I betcha did.” She said as she dug her head into the mares chest. Sahm and Newton came slowly after their daughter. Sahm smiled. ”How have you been?”

”It has been too long” Newton added on.
    Sahm, Newton, and Elora
    the magician, the ice shifter, and their perfect daughter

Ruan
    He'd stayed behind long enough to make certain their girls were tucked safely away together before he took to the skies on borrowed wings. Their family of three was quickly growing with the addition of little Heda and now his own unborn child. In a short time, fate would only bring them more, gathering friends and family to care for. They were outgrowing their forest, and change was inevitably in their horizon.

His massive wings pumped rhythmically, carrying him to her. He didn't need help finding her, all he had to do was follow the light in his soul, the heartbeat that was not his yet still belonged to him.

Sweet wind brushed through his feathers, and he memorized the feel of it. A soft yet sharp sensation, one that lingers after landing like a vibration of energy. One day he would lose this gift, and despite his initial reservations on the matter, he was secretly growing quite fond of them. They'd taken him swiftly to Reagan when she needed him most, confused and disoriented after the Reckoning. They'd sheltered his little Jinju when she was overwhelmed. Perhaps soon they will even assist him in teaching Heda how to manage her own little wings.

But he would be stripped of them some day. It was simply how these things worked.

At the sight of his grey goddess, he swept gracefully to the ground, dropping into a gentle lope with the last beat of his wings. He slowed seamlessly into a walk, dark mane shifting with the rise and fall of his head as he joined the gathering silently without interrupting. He first reached out to blow gently on his growing babe, teasing the hair on her side. His child. The warmth of pride spread through him and he straightened to share the love in his eyes with his Reagan.

A little girl threw herself at her then, crying out in glee and he smiled and reached to blow curiously at her nose. It was a collection of friends and family, and he instantly felt at ease with the strangers. How could he not, with the happiness in his mate's eyes at seeing them. This was Reggie's gathering though, and he would wait to be introduced.

now don’t you understand…that I’m never changing who I am?
    That moment when you know your world is at peace is a great one. To be so at ease with oneself that they are not afraid to push the limits of their personality or power to what they can become, to project the best of themselves into the world and test the waters. They will become more than they ever imagined with a firm support system.

They will take over the earth.

Such would be the young girl that ploughed her way into Reagan’s legs as she jumped off the hill. REY REY! Elora was the first one who made her presence known to the magician, and all at once the grey lady was once again a filly, flipping her tail and swirling flecks that seemed to appear out of nowhere as she became greatly diminished in size, mirroring her age in Elora’s eyes, becoming the girl that Elora needed. This little cat would be their inheritance because she was loved, and because she had such power at her grasp that she had not yet even conceived of. Same with the baby that was broiling in Reagan’s tummy, though not currently visible—through magic, of course, yet still safe—as she took on the glamor of being a filly for the time being, romping and raving through the moors while the dads came up the rear. When Sahm and Newton finally showed themselves, Reagan stopped, looked up and smiled. Aging back to her correct size—and stature—she addressed them with all the love and respect that she had been accustomed too, and it did not surprise her in the least that her unborn son leapt in her womb at the feeling presence of Sahm. His son, for lack of a better demonstrative relation.

“Hello my dear gentlemen. I see it goes well with you both. How have things been keeping you?” She reached down and nosed Elora fondly. “She is growing more lovely by the day, Sahm. Newton, you must be so proud. Are you looking forward to doing this again?”

Before the boys could answer, Reagan’s ears tipped backward and her heart leapt—causing Iasan to leap again—at the prescence of Ruan as he approached their little band. Reagan was immediately at peace, and went to him, nuzzling into his neck and pressing herself against him, allowing her wolf the pleasure of feeling his son kicking into him. She whispers to him in private before they approach a quick I’ve missed you before parting just slightly, and then, drawing her face from Ruan to Sahm and Newton, speaks again. “Sahm and Newton, I’d like you to meet my partner, Ruan. Unexpectedly, the love of my life, as many lifetimes as it has taken to find it. Ruan, this is Sahm and Newton. And this little beauty is Elora, their daughter. My love, they are great friends of mine. Sahm’s magic is blood-born of his father, who was someone I knew many many many years ago.”

Newton leaned into Sahm as they settled themselves before their friend. She was just as stunning and vibrant as Sahm had remembered, and the thought forced a slight smile to curve his lips. Newton blew a gentle whiff into Sahm’s mane while happily observing Elora dance with her aunt.

Elora felt the warmth of Reagan’s body from head to toe, and then suddenly the warmth shrank to her size. Elora hopped back and giggled at Reagan’s antics. The young girl had grown accustomed to magician’s fun with her father holding similar power. She took the opportunity to run with her aunt- expelling bounds of energy that had built up after hours of rest. She could have frolicked for hours, but with the presence of her dads playtime had come to a close. Elora huffed and scrunched her nose before bobbling her head and adjusting her body to stand beside Reagan.

Sahm nodded his head and responded to the question brought forth. ”We have been well. Tephra has been quiet, but Magnus is a good leader.” At the mention of another foal Newton simply shook his head, his own belly had grown quite large. ”We sure are.” Newton said with a wink to Elora.

Elora giggled at Reagan’s nose and lipped at her in response.

The sound of wings above led each of the trio to look toward the sky. They followed the stallion as he landed and approached Reagan. The affection shared between the two was clear to Sahm and Newton, but Elora simply felt a tinge of jealousy.

”Pleasure to meet you Ruan.” Sahm said first. ”We are happy to see that you have found love.”

”It is a wonderful thing” Newton added with a quick glance to Sahm.

”Although getting to see you is a treat in and of itself, was there another reason you called us here?” Sahm simply asked.

sahm and newton
    the magician and the ice shifter

Ruan
    It was odd. He felt he belonged and yet he felt out of place. Perhaps it was just the unfamiliar faces that would hopefully become better-known to him. He could see his Reagan deeply cared for this family, and so they were of course important to him as well. Even still, he was a bit of an awkward fifth wheel.

Reagan introduced him, and he dipped his head respectfully as Sahm addressed him. Likewise, he responded simply. He was of course pleased to meet anyone so close to Reagan's heart, and he appreciated their congratulations of he and her finding their love.

Sahm spoke again, turning his attention back to Reagan. "Although getting to see you is a treat in and of itself, was there another reason you called us here?" he asked her. Ruan's gaze slid to his mate again, settling in to the background as they all awaited her reply.

ooc: short and sweet! <3

we’re on each other’s team…
    There is something to be said about family. Family can be blood; it can be forged deeper than blood with a bond thicker than marrow—love.

Love that could come and stick together and create something altogether new and wonderful. This was to be said of the bond that Sahm and Newton had found in each other, and indeed that Reagan had also found inside Ruan. Together, they built their families with all the pleasure and trust that friends and lovers can group together.

This in essence was the foundation of the Taiga. The calling of family—blood and heart—to find a place to call home, and to live in relative comfort and peace away from the political aspects of the rest of Beqanna. Of course, there would be wars. There would be unrest, but within the trees, there would be a settling of hearts and a meeting of minds, and it is for this reason that Reagan and Ruan have chosen to establish themselves as the leaders of the forest. He was the heart, and she was the mind. Together, they made up the whole.

Reagan smiled as she pressed closer to Ru, and nuzzling him within the fluff of his mane, before addressing the boys. “I know you pledged yourself to Offspring; but was your allegiance also to Magnus? The volcano goes silent, but there are rumblings beneath the crust of the earth. I do not believe that all is what it seems to be.” She sighed, her stomach heeving with Iasan’s soon-to-be arrival, and she pushed off of Ru to stand on her own momentarily—always the diplomat, even if she was their friend—and continued to speak to them. “Ru and I would like to invite you to choose an allegiance best suited to you. Offspring is gone, and I have missed your family greatly. Especially little Elora; if she chooses to accompany you. Would you consider coming to the Taiga?”