• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

vida;
    BUT HOW COULD YOU KNOW THE SWEETEST SUFFERING
    OF MOVING ON
    The necessity to find her has escalated to priority. There was hostility in their latest meeting, but it had come from neither of them; nonetheless, Tiphon finds it imperative to apologize as though the brutish words had slipped past his own lips. His heart is in his throat, his legs flooded with electricity that powers him through trees and along small hills until she is within his field of vision. Like a machine Tiphon scales regions of the island that separate them until he is at Vida’s side with sweat lathering his porcelain coat. Even with winter blanketing across Beqanna their island remains somewhat temperate and warm. The sea breeze carries tropical heat from other regions and spares their land from the snow that is plaguing the rest of Beqanna. For that he is grateful, but his mind still reminisces of the brisk evenings in the Dale.

He approaches her during his reflection, but drawing in her familiar scent brings him back to the present and reminds him that the Dale is gone. It will never come back. This is home now, and this is his family.

A soft touch brings them together, his muzzle gliding down the gentle arch of her neck. ”Vida,” he croons her name into the warm afternoon air, ”I’m so sorry back there with Wallace.” His body flinches when the girl’s name falls from his tongue with a strange bitterness that he hasn’t tasted in months, perhaps longer. ”Consider her reprimanded,” but that will never be enough because the damage has already been dealt. The hostility has already been breached, the knife-sharp words already buried into flesh. Even an apology will not be enough to erase the memory, but he hopes to soothe the burning that even he feels stinging in the back of his mind. ”You will never be treated like that again. I will make sure of it. I offered you a home and protection when we first met, and I plan to forever honor that.” He nudges her again reassuringly, his gaze falling to the ground.

TIPHON
    STARLACE AND INFECTION
    It was somewhat later in the day, and by that time, Vida had long since found the grove she so enjoyed. The mare was grazing peacefully, munching on the delicious grass and enjoying its very good taste. She'd stayed there for most of the day before it was interrupted by the approaching sound of hooves, something she hadn't expected.

Most of the horses here on the island were friendly, but were often off in their own sections of the island, or back on the mainland and recruiting new blood for the herd. Vida had been doing that herself recently, but came across an unfortunate situation and had spent a few days here, on the island, recovering, to try and get the shock out of her system.

The mare knew she'd be ready to get back out there soon, so she'd enjoy this delicious grass while she could. Hearing the thundering hooves, Vida lifted her head and finished her mouthful of grass, seeing that it was the gold-pointed stallion Tiphon who was on his way.

The stallion strayed to the mare's side and ran his muzzle along the arch of her neck, something that had Vida puzzled. For the time she'd known him, the stallion had not once touched her. Now, all of a sudden, this... action, was it for an apology? Vida figured so given what happened earlier in the day. Tipton went on to say that he was sorry, that Wallace had been reprimanded. Vida wasn't happy about that really, since she figured she may have been partially at fault, even if she hadn't figured it out yet.

Tipton thought back and voiced the promise he had made to her before offering her a gentle nudge and then proceeding to stare at the ground. Vida was struck for a moment, unsure of exactly what to say next, before the words came to find.

Lowering her head some so she could better see his face, the mare smiled at the stallion with a gentle manner, "Tiphon, it's okay. I am not mad at what happened with Wallace; if you reprimanded her, that was your choice, but it did not need to be in a harsh manner. Also, I am fully aware of your promise, and I appreciate that," she hesitated a moment, "Just don't be so worried about it. I know that I am safe here, so please, relax a little and know that I am not mad with what happened."