• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

seeking a new place to call home
    Kenji had traveled a long way he wasn't even sure where he was. He stood 16.3 hh even though the rest of him looked like a mustang he had gotten his size from his father but everything else he got was form his mother. He had brown and white patches on him and his mane and tail were black. He ran around with almost an arch like angle with his neck. He always thought this made him look confident which he felt was the best way to avoid being attacked when in a new land. He looked around he realized he had found himself at a beach that looked really beautiful it remind him of home. He had left after his mom was killed by his dads brother which had been an accident he had been going for Kenjis dad. But ended up getting his mom when she got in the way. Wanting everyone that was realted to his dad out of jelliousy he wanted all those horses dead. That's why he had left home. He dreamed of someday making a home for others to feel safe where they know they don't have to worry about any stallions trying to hurt them at least not in his home. But for now he had no home.

The salt breeze brings a new scent to their hidden sanctuary.

Sabrael is on the edge of the jungle when the smell weaves through the trees and finds him.  It is unfamiliar enough to set him on edge, to bring his defenses up and turn him towards the source.  They receive visitors so infrequently, after all, and new members even less often.  The soft, sandy earth churns under his feet as he quickens his pace to meet the stranger. 

A part of him hopes that it will be a new recruit wet from their swim and willing to put in work as soon as their coat dries.  They sorely need the help (and he thinks his mother needs the appearance of fresh faces to distract her, to give her purpose in this vastly changed world).  A part of him resents that their borders are still open.  Their group is stitched together both by blood and friendship; the young stallion has a hard time believing any more can add to their already rich tapestry. 

The spotted man is instantly visible when the Ischian emerges out from under the trees.  He moves towards him with what he hopes is a convincing smile.  “Welcome to Ischia,” he says when he is near enough.  “I am Sabrael.  Are you here to visit or stay?”  His gold-tinged eyes sweep over the other male, looking for signs of where he’s come from.  But the ocean is a great concealer; Sabrael sees only his soggy mane and coat rinsed of any dust or dirt.  He is left with his spoken and unspoken questions lingering in the air between them as he waits for answers.          

Sabrael

Kenji noticed the male and got a bit tense having only remembered his uncle killing his mom since then he hadn't trusted other males. "That remains to be seen. I'm thinking of staying though but I'm not quiet sure yet if this really is such a safe place". His stance was showing he wasn't going to run and he was trying to look like he would fight if the other male tried anything. Odviously he was a bit nervous not having had much good experiances with other males.

He then looked out at the water "The beach here it reminds me of home but there might be too many other males here I will have to see for I don't trust many males like me not since the day my uncle killed my mom" he said.
    Did you know you can smell fear?

Ashley did, and this fellow was as if he had drenched himself in the stuff. Kenji paced, his manner was manic, speaking of pasts that they did not know and probably did not apply to them. The inhabitants of this island could not help that they were male; with exception of a few, and Ashley intended to make short work of this; to test his mettle and see if he could make it as a resident of this land.

He says nothing. He approaches Sabrael and Kenji—giving a nod Sab’s direction—and approaches the stranger, his wings flippantly pumping air around them, moving the sand around with little regard for where it might land. “I think you will find that you have stepped upon an island altogether unlike whatever beach you crawled away from.” And with that, Ashley turned, the sands picking up around him, his eyes leveling on Kenji while the granules did their dirty work. They ate away at the wings upon his back, and scrubbed away the red of his coat. When the dust settled, he was no longer a he. Ashley, for the first time, in a female body, sleek and slender, a tender cremello color. Where there had been wings, there were now none—his amber eyes had gone a pale blue. “If you cannot trust a man, than can you trust a woman? Not all is what it seems here. Do not lean on your past here—the fairies will snatch it from you.” She paused, her breath going through lungs unfamiliar to her. Ashley as a female… it seemed so foreign. “My name is Ashley.”
    ashley
    I walked the path, it led me to the end.
    "Really where I come from Ashley is the name of a girl" he said looking at the stallion he didn't really care what the stallion thought he only really listened to mares. "Look I really don't care what you have to tell me stallions have to work harder to earn my respect. Nothing peronal its just how I am" Kenji said. He wasn't as scared as he seemed he just was more nervious of what dangers might be in the land. Other then that he felt fine. "I think ill stay here along the beach" he said. "Its the closest thing I have found to my old home." Kenji then looked at the stallion. "I'm Kenji where I come from it means Intelligent second son; strong and vigorous" he said. Kenji's stance did show he wasn't afraid of the other horses. But it also showed he knew how to be careful or at least that's what he thought.