• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Honey, I'm home. Nayl
    Stillwater

He dragged his eyes ashore when she answered him, mildly surprised she'd even bothered to. She didn't just answer though, not with a quick and thoughtless response as he had expected. Instead, she mulled things over, deeply considering thoughts he could only guess at. When she spoke, her answer was well examined and thorough.

Her vibrant eyes dropped away, and he took the opportunity to study her. Painted and alluring, she held herself tall. Pride edged every muscle and soft curve. "I don't mind the name. The name is nothing compared to what happens inside its walls." Thoughtful, consise. She seemed unguarded as she opened up to him, giving a brief breakdown of part of the changes she would enact. Stallions as guards, a sort of border patrol, and three as her most trusted. She certainly was making change.

About damn time the girl scouts grew up.

She shrugged away her plans for the women, opting to wait and see how many still remained. He met her gaze coolly as she turned to him again, "And you? Would you remain here should I become Queen?" More surprise, with this woman. He didn't think any other would have asked or even considered that he might stay. Perhaps she had reason to.

A stillness spread between them as he mused. She would allow males, some even holding ranks of their own. He didn't care at all for any of that save that he would not be chased from his cavern for simply being born as he was. Men stumbling across his home was far less appealing than women; they didn't scream as much. There was also the chance she could sense his hunger, and would like to keep her enemy closer.

A crooked grin gently parted his lips, blue-gray eyes reflecting her fiery intensity.
    I will stay. He held their quiet a moment longer before speaking again.

What else would you do with that mess of ranks they have? Would you keep their lorekeepers, the spirit caste, forever trapped in the past? Would you keep their attempts at an army, so quick to expect threats to the indigenous peoples?

He was not impressed with what had been done thus far. The loud ones had prodded and poked at the young Queen until she was confused and overwhelmed with trying to please them all and simply gave in to their every whim. Foolish ideas that held no real purpose were riddled all over the kingdom now, and not a one that had demanded it of her had stayed. Like wailing ghosts, they'd screamed and haunted her. Only to vanish.

come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    Honey, I'm home. Nayl - by Stillwater - 11-20-2016, 06:06 PM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. - by Nayl - 11-20-2016, 08:50 PM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. - by Stillwater - 11-23-2016, 12:35 AM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. Nayl - by Nayl - 11-25-2016, 05:49 PM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. Nayl - by Stillwater - 11-28-2016, 10:11 AM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. Nayl - by Nayl - 11-28-2016, 08:49 PM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. Nayl - by Stillwater - 11-29-2016, 05:21 PM