• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Moonbeam; arrya
    You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why let your voice be tamed?
    I’m fucking enormous. I was really hoping it wouldn’t be so bad this time, you know? Just one baby (please for the love of all that is holy, just one baby) should mean I’d be smaller, right? That the pregnancy shouldn’t be quite as endless and aching and miserable? Well, yeah, see, turns out that having a healer around to soothe away the nausea and the aching bones and the discomfort and the stretching in ways I shouldn’t be stretching and the weird looseness of my joints and the holy shit weight of my giant goddamn belly dragging me down? Makes a bit of a difference.

Not that I’d say that out loud. Fuck no. Nooope nope nope. Far as anyone else is concerned, it makes not a damn bit of difference, and I’ll keep it that way ‘til the end of my days. The only reason I was surprised by it was because it’s been a damn long while since the last time, and I managed to forget about the shitty side of things some, to put it out of my head.

Really.

Well at least my little moonbeam is definitely growing big and strong, even if it’s getting fucking uncomfortable. Kid is stretching my insides so much I can sometimes see my sides bulging from the kicking and turning and constricted acrobatics it gets up to in there, and now and again the little twinkle star catches me in the ribs but good (okay, more often than I would like to admit, and sometimes those cutesy little nicknames come complete with gritted teeth and a deep breath to remind myself to be patient, and that I’ll get to evict the little moonbeam soon) and I swear I have to pee every five goddamn seconds, but at least the kid is clearly doing fine. Healthy, even if there isn’t a healer doing scans all the time to make sure of it. Kid is moving, kid is definitely growing, kid is doing fine.

Kid will be out soon.

Spring is here, after all, the sprouting of green things, new life, all that poetic shit or whatever. And even if the idea of squeezing a huge living thing out of my body without the help of someone able to watch my back and patch me up if things go south is borderline terrifying, well, it’ll be over soon. Little baby whatsit will be out and born and wandering around all on its own in a matter of hours if last time was any indication.

Maybe the twins got that from Gendry.

Fuck, the thought of this one already wandering all over the damn place is a bit much. You stay put, little moonbeam. No giving Mommy heart attacks ‘til you’re at least a few months old, you hear me? Of course it didn’t. Still, it walloped me but good in the side, hard enough that I could see a hoof. I glared at my belly and snorted. Apparently you got some of my sass. Let’s hope you got some of your daddy in there too.

“Arrya.” I turn, a little startled by the familiar voice calling my name. I hadn’t seen Kade around in a while, and to be super honest I was pretty distracted with that little one-sided conversation and didn’t hear him approaching. I’ve got the start of a nice, friendly smile on my face when the dumbass opens his stupid mouth again. “Do you require some assistance rolling home?” And just like that, the smile twists into a snarl.

“Well, I don’t know, precious, will you be requiring some assistance prying my hoof from your ass? Because it’s looking like a pretty appealing target just now.” Not that I could reach it in my present condition but let’s be real. That never stopped me from threatening anyone before. Maybe the baby would be willing to oblige, if I sidled up next to him. You’ve got Mommy’s back, right, moonbeam? Nice, solid kick square in the hindquarters? I bet you could get away with it, too.

His gaze slides to my belly and the baby gives an obliging kick. I’m not sure if the kid’s trying to play along or just saying hello, but I’ll take what I can get. “Or maybe the little one would like to do the job for me. C’mere and we’ll find out.”
    You've got the light to fight the shadows, so stop hiding it away.

Messages In This Thread
    Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 11-20-2016, 06:35 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Arrya - 11-20-2016, 07:21 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 11-20-2016, 10:43 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Arrya - 11-20-2016, 11:09 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 11-24-2016, 02:23 AM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Arrya - 11-24-2016, 12:27 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 11-25-2016, 12:00 AM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Arrya - 11-25-2016, 09:30 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 12-03-2016, 10:51 AM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Arrya - 12-04-2016, 07:36 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 12-15-2016, 09:54 AM