• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Moonbeam; arrya
    You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why let your voice be tamed?
    Yep. He’s too damn cute. All awkward discomfort and fascination, jerking away when the baby kicks at him, then coming back for more. He even calls the baby ‘little light,’ which is right up there in adorableness with moonbeam. And it’d make me all squishy and melty and shit but for the bit that followed it. I snort at his playful admonition, nipping him even as he murmurs quietly at my belly. “No bad-mouthing me to the baby, now,” I grumble, chasing the nip with a playful nudge. “I want the kid to like me, after all. Ideally.”

I’m not really worried. I did a pretty good job the last time around, and baby’s big sisters like me well enough last I checked. Even if I haven’t seen them in fucking forever. Still trying not to worry too hard about that little fact, okay? No sign of them since the world went and devoured itself, and it’s been a good long while since then. Long enough for me to make a whole person, almost.

They’re okay. I hope. God, I hope.

There’s not much I can do other than keep looking. Like I’ve been doing for fucking years. But any further searching is gonna have to wait ‘til I can waddle farther than the edge of the forest. When baby’s got a few months on it, we can go on little adventures together looking for its big sisters. Well, exploring and playing while Mommy keeps an eye out for anybody dressed up in Maul and Anni’s odd tortoiseshell coloring.

Aww, adventures with baby! Fine, okay, I actually do get a little mushy over that thought, all dopey grin and soft eyes and shit. Kade straightens up, apparently finished fussing over the baby for the moment. At least to the extent that he doesn’t have his face pressed up against my belly anymore. “How much longer?” he asks, and I tilt my head, wondering the same myself.

“Not long. Soon as baby decides it’s ready to come out and meet us, really. Feel like it’s been years already, but little moonbeam seems content to take its sweet time. Tucked up all cozy and warm, not quite ready to wake up yet, huh, baby? I know how that goes. Daddy’s nice and cozy warm too though. There’ll be plenty of cuddles waiting for you when you come out, promise.” I would reach around to nuzzle the baby, but that is way too much work and I don’t think I can bend that way anymore. Instead I send a pointed look Kade’s way and nod in baby’s general direction. “Right? No shortage of snuggles and coziness out here, little one. So feel free to come out any time now.”

Instead, baby shifted a little just like I do when I’m burrowing into Rhory’s side and grumbling for five more minutes of cozy time. Ha. Atta baby. I can just see a teeny little colt looking just like his daddy, curled up between us and blinking baby blue eyes all soft and pleading-like. No way we’ll be able to resist that kind of cuteness. Or a teeny little snugglebug of a girl, could be another girl. Maybe bay and spotty, a cute little combination of me and Rhory. “Mommy can’t wait to meet you, little one. But it’s okay. Take as long as you need.”

The world’s a big, scary place, and once the kid is out I won’t be able to protect it from all of that, not like I can now. So even if I’m a little cranky, even if it’s uncomfortable as fuck and I’m ready to be done feeling like a goddamn elephant, even if I’m sick to death of the constant need to pee (dammit, bladder, not now, give me five fucking minutes, okay?) and would really like my body to feel like mine again? At least I know where one kid is. And at least I know that one’s relatively safe.

I don’t even notice the way I lean against Kade, my shoulders drooping, my brow furrowed. I just close my eyes and hope my babies are okay. This one can take its sweet time, I’m okay with that. “Oh hey, what about you?” I bump my shoulder against him again, seizing on the distraction to drag myself out of my little funk. “How’s your mysterious lady? You should fill me in, I don’t want to be an ass and not have any idea who she is when I finally meet her.”
    You've got the light to fight the shadows, so stop hiding it away.

Messages In This Thread
    Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 11-20-2016, 06:35 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Arrya - 11-20-2016, 07:21 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 11-20-2016, 10:43 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Arrya - 11-20-2016, 11:09 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 11-24-2016, 02:23 AM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Arrya - 11-24-2016, 12:27 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 11-25-2016, 12:00 AM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Arrya - 11-25-2016, 09:30 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 12-03-2016, 10:51 AM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Arrya - 12-04-2016, 07:36 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 12-15-2016, 09:54 AM