• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Moonbeam; arrya
    You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why let your voice be tamed?
    Well isn’t that interesting. She isn’t. I tilt my head, studying him for a moment. Pretty sure the rest of that sentence was ‘my lady,’ ‘cause it’s the only thing I said about her that he could’ve been protesting. Unless he took umbrage to the term mysterious. I shrug and let it go, though. If he doesn’t want to talk about it, he doesn’t have to. Relationships are complicated, whether they’re romantic or otherwise.

Ah, well and he hasn’t been able to find her. I nod, shoulder bumping him sympathetically. “I know how that goes. My girls are missing, have been since the whole world abruptly changing thing, and no sign of them. And their dad too, though I mean.” I shrug, not really sure where to start with that or how much to go into. I think I told him enough a while back that he probably gets the gist? And if he doesn’t, well, it’s whatever. Not worth going into again. Nothing’s changed. Nothing’s going to. And I moved on.

Little moonbeam squirms a bit, like it’s agreeing or reassuring me or something, and I smile a little. Thanks, baby. “She sounds nice, though. Or. Really, you didn’t tell me anything about her, so that was just polite bullshit. Sorry. Whatever, if I meet her I’ll do my best to be nice. As you’ve probably noticed, it doesn’t exactly come naturally to me.” I roll my eyes and snort at the idea; friends aren’t exactly my strong suit, and I’ve got a track record of being worse at interacting with other women than I am with men.

Hell, at least I don’t break women’s hearts and torture them for years like I did Rhory. Ugh, poor Rhory put up with so much shit from me. I still have no idea what he sees in me, but I’ll take it - he’s a damn good man, and I’m lucky he loves me so much. We both are, aren’t we kiddo? Otherwise you wouldn’t exist, and I think that’s a win for all three of us, huh?

Well and then dummy here opens his big stupid mouth again, and I snort and narrow my eyes at him. “You know this state is temporary, right? The baby comes out, my body goes mostly back to normal, and then the only thing rolling will be your head, princess.”
    You've got the light to fight the shadows, so stop hiding it away.

Messages In This Thread
    Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 11-20-2016, 06:35 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Arrya - 11-20-2016, 07:21 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 11-20-2016, 10:43 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Arrya - 11-20-2016, 11:09 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 11-24-2016, 02:23 AM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Arrya - 11-24-2016, 12:27 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 11-25-2016, 12:00 AM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Arrya - 11-25-2016, 09:30 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 12-03-2016, 10:51 AM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Arrya - 12-04-2016, 07:36 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 12-15-2016, 09:54 AM