• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you've got a heart as loud as lions; rhory
    You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why let your voice be tamed?
    My body might be chilly, but in sleep I forget all about that. In my dream, I’m nestled right up against my love, face pressed against the side of his neck, my body still small enough to fit comfortably against him instead of bulging out like a great big elephant. Ugh, they carry their babies for way longer than we do, and if I were awake, my back would be aching in sympathy. Well and just aching in general. ‘Cause, well, super goddamn pregnant.

Lucky for me I’m tucked away in a cozy little dream.

And in that dream, I trace the line of my love’s shoulder with my lips, burrow into him and breathe in his scent, trying to get close enough to make that exquisite scent part of me, to rub up against him and cover myself in it so I can carry him with me even when we’re apart. And maybe it even works, because even as I start to wake I can smell him--oh.

Well fine, then maybe I just conjured him up with a dream, that works too. Because his lips brush against my cheek, and I turn my face up to return the caress. “Mmm. Cold. You should come cuddle me. Baby and I missed you. Came home instead of trying the whole dumb social thing again. I suck at it, don’t know why I bother when I’d rather just be tucked up against your side all cozy and warm.”

Well yes I do know why I bother. I want the baby to have a home, and friends, and people who love it. More people than just me and Rhory, though we already love it like crazy. I want to set a good example for our little one, and help it figure out how to be close to people when sometimes that feels like the hardest thing in the whole world. I want my baby to grow up happy and wrapped up in all sorts of love. I can’t really give it the big family I never had. Almost had, when I was part of Gendry’s. Kinda drove a wedge between us when I threatened his baby sister after she got him almost killed. Because I’d been his first, and theirs only after. And now that I’m not that, well.

Anyhow.

So I don’t have much of a family to offer the baby. I never really had my own, and Rhory’s was...well, terrible. Poor love. We promised a long time ago to be each other’s family, and I love that we are. I just don’t want my baby to grow up lonely like I’ve been. Especially since there’s still no sign of little one’s big sisters. It’ll grow up feeling like an only child unless I can find them. So it’s even more important that...that the baby has somebody to show it how to make friends.

Except I’m sort of shitty at that.

I sigh and try to shrug off the...whatever, the awkward unhappiness or the feeling like I’m fucking up already or whatever, I’m not so great at the feelings thing either, okay? It’s part of my dubious charm. Or at least that’s what I’ll tell myself. “Grumpy apparently. Or...something, I don’t know. Need my Rhory Lionheart. And baby’s happier when we’re with you too. Today feels like a day to not be wandering.”
    You've got the light to fight the shadows, so stop hiding it away.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you've got a heart as loud as lions; rhory - by Arrya - 12-03-2016, 01:12 PM