• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

waves of change { ANY }
    breaking waves of change
    She was still here. Quiet, thinking, planning, but still here. She had be denied by two women, but she was not here to ruin them. She was here to make a change. No man slaves, but men living with them, men who respect women and who even once lived in the Jungle once. The male children of the jungle. Not some sex driven nimrods that had no respect for females. No. Naga hated men like that, but it was men like Simeon, a jungle child, son of Scorch, that gave her the idea of giving the men their own caste and title in this kingdom. Yes, so a few were active lately more so than she, she was proud of them. But to be denied because of new ideas or a slow start? That was just not fair. But, it was expected of the stubborn jungle women that clung to their old ways and pride as much as they could in this new world.

She was too very much still mourning the loss of the jungle, but it was not spared like the rest of the lands for a reason. There HAD to be a change, and Naga knew the change would have to be that they become a little more open minded to new ideas. The Jungle was gone. The sisterhood still remained....they just had brothers now. The women still run the kingdom, have higher titles and history rich with strong female warrior women. It was not like Naga was asking much of them to allow kind hearted men live among them. What if they had colts? Would they want her to kick them out once they turned three? Or give them the choice to leave on their own, or stay in Nerine with their families and be treated fairly and not as a man slave like the old days.

Our dark seemingly failed queen sighed long and deep. She had failed them. Just as she was destined to do, so many of the women shot her down and disliked her from the start. Her lifelong dream, crushed. Smashed. She was smashed down into a pulp. She figured she would patrol the border to keep her mind away from spiraling down into somewhere dark. She padded along, still showing a elegant and strong exterior, despite her saddened mind. Though her eyes could give her feelings away. She was not angry or bitter, just saddened.

The cliffs stood strong and tall, waves crashing up onto them in a steady rhythm. She felt her heart begin to beat in sync. Her saddened green eyes flickered toward the borders of the kingdom, surveying, looking for signs of life. Though so far she was coming up dry.

High and Dry.

If only Draconis had found her way to Nerine, if only Naga could have found Rhy's children and bring them and whomever took them under their care to this beautiful salty black beach. She would have had her little family back. In her mind she could see twin children playing with Draconis, and she would be counting like the old days while they all played hide and go seek like she and Draconis used to play back in the jungle. She saw the sisters basking happily and contently in the sun warmed sands, sunlight falling down onto their briny coats. A land of contentment, peace, and loyalty. But, now...all she could see were a few remaining loyal sisters and men, and a seemingly barren kingdom....

Maybe she still had a chance, maybe she could make something work....but how? Was there even a way she could still redeem herself, redeem the kingdom. She needed this to somehow work out...
    Naga
    Stillwater

Do not pout so, kitten. It is not becoming on you.

His voice was soothing silk as he flowed to her side, joining her view to look to the sea. It had been a long time since they had last seen each other. He hadn't even bothered to tell her he was leaving, he had simply ebbed away with the dawn's tide when he heard her women planning. Plotting and scheming how they would force a ritual of scars, or even deny the land of any males. It was a foolish notion, primitive and barbaric, and even their queen had seen the wisdom in change.

But she didn't have what it took to deny them. She was the queen, but they were the rulers. She would go along with their decisions and primitive demands simply because she feared losing them. Their queen, strong though she was in so many ways, was too young and naive to see they were manipulating her, nudging and prodding her into what they desired.

Had he spoken up on her behalf as he dearly wished to do, they would have chased him out and denied his return. So instead of demanding they respect their Queen, heaven forbid they bend their stiff necks for anyone but themselves, he'd left. Before they would riddle her ship with holes and watch their captain sink with it.

You've been missing. It was an observation, not an accusation.

Silence. There had been so much silence. He had returned to find a wasteland, not a soul in sight save for one. Their queen's scent had faded to only memory, and her followers had, well, followed. Only teasing fragrances on a drifting breeze would occasionally recall a time when the land fed a band of men and women. Now, as they both looked out towards the caves along the coast and their piece of ocean, it was only them.

He noted they were looking in the direction of the cavern he'd lived in, back when the two of them had inhabited this paradise, back before her people rallied to her. He'd missed that damn cave more than he'd realized was possible to miss a thing, a place. A slow smile slid across his lips and he turned a little to watch her stare toward his home.

Did you miss me, kitten?
    Of course she hadn't, but he couldn't pass up the chance to tease her. Maybe that pretty face with her heavy eyes was still capable of a smile.

come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it
    as the winds blow, so will I know...
    Dawn on the coast was truly one of the most wonderful sights to see. It is one of his very favorites, even of everything he had seen on his many travels. The sunrise on this beach especially took the cake; made all the better by being his. His home. For the first time in forever, he gloried at the feeling. Comfort, security. It wasn't the Jungle, but it was Nerine, and he had become quite fond of her. Several months had passed since he had been invited to come here, since he first laid eyes on the place, since he had decided to stay. Enough time had passed for him to mourn the old lands, the old ways. He would always miss the Jungle, but it was gone. He accepted it. They were fortunate enough, thanks to Naga stepping up to the plate, to be graced with this land. A wonderful place, suitable and worthy. Home. But would it always be for him?

A hint of concern turned his typically smiling face into a bit of a frown as he wondered how Nayl would change things if she won the crown. He doesn't worry whether she will be a good queen, or even a not so good one. No, instead he wondered what she planned to do about his presence among the women here. And Sim isn't the only one, for he had scented at least two others here before. He simply can't fathom being turned out, although he does not know how well he would take becoming a man slave, if that was to be the alternative. The roan stallion shook his head to clear the thoughts away. A short time would tell what would soon become of the coastline of Nerine. For now, he continued his patrol, generally relaxed and stopping now and again for a bite of the lush grasses.

A breeze passed by, bringing him two familiar scents and Sim immediately perked up. One was the Queen herself, and the other was that lingering smell of another stallion whose traces he'd come across, though never the man himself. Curious, and excited to see the ebony lady, he set into an easy trot over a hill or two before they finally came into view. First, he registered their posture. The stallion, as inky black as the night and their queen, stood next to the woman, both facing the caves in the distance. The other man's voice reached his ears, though he was too far to catch the words. His tones were smooth, though, and calm. Naga's own posture seemed relaxed enough, so he was able to come to the conclusion they knew each other.

A smile spread over the bay roan's lips, and he extended his strides to cover ground a bit faster, though never breaking a trot. Before too long, Simeon reached them and released a deep whicker in welcome before coming to the queen's free side. "Naga! Signora! It is good to see you around again." His deep voice was smooth as always, filled with friendly tones and his Italian accent. He didn't mean to necessarily point out her disappearance, merely stating pleasantries. "I have missed you, amica! La bella costa has as well." All truth, unfortunately the latter in particular. In friendly affection, Simeon reached his muzzle out to gently nudge and brush the woman's shoulder before stepping forward and turning in to somewhat face both horses. His mismatched gaze, the left eye brown and the other green, lingered a moment on the queen's face before sliding over to the stallion beside her. His smile remained in place, though not quite as wide once he addressed him (to be expected when meeting another for the first time, no rudeness intended). "Perdonami, signore. We haven't the pleasure of meeting, although I can't help but recognize your scent. My name is Simeon." He dipped his broad head in greeting before returning it to a comfortable raised height, giving the obsidian man a solid once-over and then resuming eye contact. "What might I call you?"
    as the grasses grow, so will I go…
    as far as the skies will take me nothing can break me…
    as the winds blow

OOC: Yes, I'm lazy and recycled some from my last post into this one xD hope it's alright and is cool that he joined in <3