• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

here it comes with no warning; any

Here it comes with no warning; capsize, i'm first in the water
    Tephra also reminded her of the land she had once called her home. The heat was welcoming and a reminder of her old home in the Deserts. It was something she was grateful for when the weather became colder. She wonders, however, if this new home will bring more danger. It is something to worry about considering the fate the sandy kingdom had in her absence and the also when the intruder had come to take away Tephra.

Yet, for now, she does not dwell on that thought. Her ear twitches slightly in the sound of approaching hooves to her right. Lucrezia’s gaze follows quickly in the direction of the sound. She had never been fond of others sneaking up on her. Then again, she doesn’t think the familiar stallion, Magnus, would ever intend that. A warm, friendly smile is quick to draw on her lips as she recognizes him right away. Magnus greets her warmly as well with a nudge to her neck. It’s hard to think once what these lands were, she wants to say but she does not. The thought that Tephra could be the Deserts was ideal, but even so it could be such a far fetch idea too. “In time,” replies with a soft smile to him.

She is surprised to hear such statements from Magnus. He was still a stranger to her and who she was. Their time from the beginning, however, had always been genuine. Lucrezia had felt sure about one thing since she had come here and that had been Magnus. He was honest and helped those in need. If anything Magnus stuck to his word, which was quite obvious since he has always been here from the beginning of Tephra. She remembers clearly that Eight and Offspring had stepped down. It took a strong heart to lead others into an unknown future.

“Thank you, Magnus. I am glad to be back too.” This place was what she needed, and maybe by chance Tephra needed her too. She is unsure of what will come from living in Tephra. There will be ups and downs that is for sure. With anything though, she hopes for the best. Lucrezia has always been open-minded about the future, and highly optimistic that everything happens for a reason for the greater good and bigger picture of it all.

Her head tilts slightly at his next words. Lucrezia meets his gold-flecked eyes with her own nutmeg gaze.
    “Bold indeed you are, Magnus, to uncover a wound that is still healing.” She says quickly and firmly. Her reaction is quick she realizes, an over-stepping, as she cannot blame Magnus for not knowing. He had only been trying to get to know her. A part of her did not wish to open the old wounds that have healed and break open the healing ones. She confesses, to herself, that he has given her so much without even asking for anything in return. “I’m sorry,” she begins with what little words she can manage to speak, “I have always preferred to keep my past behind.” But this was the beginning of something, a friendship or road to redemption, that she must let go of such grudges.

“I was—still am not so sure who I am before the Reckoning.” If he is to be so bold in asking, then she must be bold too. Yael had always reminded her that she was brave. “I was born in the Chamber when my father ruled as king. I loved it there, but my father eventually shipped me off to live in the Deserts. My presence there sealed an alliance between our two kingdoms.” She knows the way everything from here goes and it leaves an obvious sour taste on her face. “I was left there simply as a pawn and to do the bidding for the greater good of the Chamber. My own sister, Straia, did not even have the guts to come until years later to visit me.” She shakes her head, disappointed still at the last meeting she had when Straia ruled as queen in the Chamber. “I was abandon by my own family. A family that had given me so much love and life… but in the end it had all been for the Chamber.” And when she had been used she had simply been forgotten.

“But the Deserts then became my home. Yael, Vanquish, and everyone there gave me hope and loved me like I was family. I began my own life there and fell in love with the golden sands and open blue sky. I climbed the ranks and started a family of my own.” She pauses for a moment, turning her gaze away from Magnus as her eyes begin to water. She did not want him to see her cry. “I had found peace there with myself, but it wasn’t enough. I had given up time again and again on the Deserts, never letting go of the fact that my own family had given me up so easily. Their promises and love had been entire lie all along.” Lucrezia sighs softly. “I had been too late when I came back one day after a long absence. The Deserts was gone and eventually the Mountain had come.”

She looks forward towards the volcano now. Her vision is blurry from the tears that streamed down her face. “I cannot tell you who I am because I do not know really.” Lucrezia wants to say she is the person who she always wished to be. In itself that was a lie. She had never come to be completely the person she thought she could be. “But I suppose this is my second chance.” Her gaze turns back to meet Magnus golden-flecked eyes. “I have always tried to believe there is still something good I can do.” She is silent for a moment before she takes another breath. “A chance for me to find out who I really am.”
    ...too close to the bottom.
    html © samshine| character info: here | picture reference: here
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    here it comes with no warning; any - by Lucrezia - 11-24-2016, 04:21 PM
    RE: here it comes with no warning; any - by Lucrezia - 11-30-2016, 10:11 AM