• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've got some damn bad intentions - anyone
    There had been talk of the pledging since her first day on the shore, yet Djinni had long ago stopped waiting for it.

Their leaders had disappeared, leaving only herself and Nayl. (And the stallions, but they have never belonged, and so she does not count them). She has grown accustomed to the silence of the beach, with only the sounds of nature for company. The sisterhood of Nerine seemed to have faded away, and to Djinni, who had never been quite certain that she wanted it, it had seemed a blessing in disguise.

And yet just as she has accepted her new life, it had changed again.

Naga had returned, summoning the missing, asking them to pledge themselves to an idea that Djinni had never heard voiced aloud. She had refused to swear herself to a lie that she was lead to believe, and so she has walked the shoreline for several hours. Have they pledged themselves? Who are they? Would Nayl do it too?

Djinni is growing physically tired but her mind still spins, and she paces the moonlit shoreline with dark eyes.
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster
    She spun the stars on her fingernails
    For almost a year, it had only been Djinni and Nayl. Together they roamed the desolate shore, but they could find none of the sisters who had so eagerly followed Naga. The Amazons seemed extinct, a lost breed with their Queen having disappeared. This world, this new Beqanna, doesn’t even know that the Amazons survived the Reckoning. Their reputation is forgotten, their names buried with the Jungle’s ruins.

It’s for that reason Nayl found it necessary to challenge Naga. The land’s silence has lasted too long and their once-thriving numbers have dwindled to nearly nothing. Nerine requires change and if Naga is selfish enough to hold onto a throne she has been absent from more often than not then Nayl will find resolve. It’s only if the faeries permit it and cast their judgment in her favor.

The suspense is eating away at her, but still she continues on. There is more to accomplish, more to see. She has returned to Nerine for the timebeing until the results have been cast. Only then will it be decided whether she is to stay or leave; Naga would likely try her for treason. Her footsteps are muffled by the sand, her path illuminated by the porcelain moonlight bathing the coast. It doesn’t take her long to come across Djinni in her travels. Somehow, they always seem to find one another. Since their last meeting, however, Nayl has since recovered her mind block. Every thought, every scheme, is heavily shielded behind a mental barrier. The protection comforts her. For the first time since the Reckoning Nayl doesn’t feel quite so vulnerable.

”Djinni,” she croons her friend’s name as she draws nearer, ”we meet again.” A smile plays across her lips as she settles at the grullo’s side, wondering if she knows about the challenge or any recent events.

Nayl
    covet and myrina's creation
    Djinni likes Nayl as much as she has ever liked anyone really, given that before the Reckoning she had so rarely lingered in the lives of others long enough to form opinions of them. Naga had not impressed her, and neither had Hestia, the black mare who expected them all to come and follow and do her bidding for no reward at all.

Has Djinni not done her part? Had she not brought the requested three mares to Nerine?
    No, she had, and has received nothing but an empty beach and the distant company of stallions that she has never wanted.

The Sisterhood has disappointed her, but it only makes her want it more. She wants it to live, to thrive, but she is unwilling to take on the burden of doing it herself.

In that way, she is glad that Nayl had done it, that she had challenged Naga for a throne that sat empty for the entire Winter and most of the Spring. Still, Nayl has done as little for their realm as Naga (though Djinni supposes that the orange eyed mare had not been asked to recruit, and so the fact that she has not done so is not truly a reflection on the tobiano's worth).

"We do," she replies, stating nothing more than what Nayl has already said.

And then, because she is certain that they are alone (she has wished it to be so, and so it must be), she adds. "You said once you missed the Jungle and the Sisterhood. Will you recreate it here as Queen or make this place something new?" She does not mean her next statement as a threat or a promise, it is only true and so she says it: "I will stay for a sisterhood, or I will make my own."
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster