• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

NAYL, ANY, ALL
    breaking waves of change
    It is with a heavy heart, and frustration that she comes forward. The one one who pledged to Nerine under Naga's rule was her new faithful companion, Celeana. Of whom she was grateful for. But, she had taken too long to figure out how to run the kingdom, and she had angered and let down so many. But they did not want to give her a chance anyway. With the last of her dignity, she lets out her call. Beckoning those who still remained to come forth once more. She stands here in her most primitive form, horse, and looks to all with sadness and guilt in her eyes. She looks to Nayl, no hate or disrespect, and nods to her. Her voice is still, and deep, but the hopeful spark to it was gone. Only seriousness.

"I have called you all here once more, for this is the last time I shall call you here under my rule. I have been challenged by Nayl...and I forfeited. It was no use. I was not fit to be queen, I was better as a diplomat, and I was too new at being a queen to do you all any good to rebuild the sisterhood. I planned to make this place a safe haven for women and the kindhearted men like Simeon to live and learn. But, I seem to have failed.

It is with a heavy heart that I turn my position over to Nayl. She is a strong sister, and tougher than nails. May she lead you with love and trust, and do right by the sisterhood.

Nayl....all I ask is to still be head of the Spiritual Caste. The history and traditions of the Amazon Jungle must live on. It is our roots.

Thank you all for following me here, I appreciate your blind faith. I am sorry I have let you down. I hope you all can forgive me, and maybe someday I will be given a second chance."

With that she let Nayl take her place at the meeting rock, and stood among the last of them....like a common kingdom pony. Just like the old days. It was time to let someone else take over, but she was going to do it like this, handing her title down, despite losing the battle. She wanted to hand the crown off with the last bit of dignity she had. Hopefully their new ruler would not turn the place into a war hungry capitol...but she hoped she would allow the men to live here and be treated with respect and not like the old man slaves of old....
    Naga
    She spun the stars on her fingernails
    And just like that, it’s done.

Frozen in place, Nayl reflected on what happened. The battle was raging then suddenly stopped as though the curtain fell on them. Naga retracted from the brutality and withdrew herself from the entire battle. What Nayl anticipated to be a vicious fight ended in a peaceful resignation. Unable to fathom it, she hung behind for a long moment while Naga departed.

This is the first time they see each other since the battle, as Naga announces her resignation. Torn, Nayl hesitantly listens. In her mind, she anticipated returning to Nerine battered but victorious, the taste of it sweet on her tongue. Instead, she returns almost like a criminal by forcing a pacifist Queen onto the battleground. The flavor is mild in her mouth, nowhere near as exciting as she planned it to be, but she cannot allow it to stop her or hinder her motives. Quietly Nayl listens as the panther bids the throne a farewell with additional words to encompass her royal departure although she will, of course, remain in Nerine.

To be too new as a Queen is the dilemma of each rising woman. They never ascend the throne experienced or knowing exactly what needs to be done. They each learn throughout life, but Nayl has already stripped Naga of the opportunity. Seeing the coastline so quiet and vacant for nearly a year had been difficult enough; Nayl merely wanted to end the land’s struggle. She didn’t hate Naga then and she doesn’t hate her now. Their relationship has always been rigid, built on nails and mistrust, and it’s questionable whether it can ever be mended. The piebald looks at the fallen queen now, their eyes briefly meeting as Naga concludes.

Nayl placidly steps forward then and takes her place. The metaphorical crown settles heavily on her head as her eyes rake across the few who are among their ranks. She considers what they will do, what direction they will follow. ”First and foremost I simply want to know who is here – truly here – and not a ghost in these parts,” Nerine had been empty, quiet, and so now she aims to understand who is actually a part of this herd and who is going to step away now while they have the chance. ”There will be minor changes with ranks,” she muses aloud before adding, ”and stallions will remain here with the potential to hold ranks.” The rumor can be squashed now that she would make them into slaves, that she would enforce old traditions in this new land. They were – are – wrong and her heart patters excitedly against her chest at the notion of this. Her autumn eyes sweep across to find Djinni then Stillwater. Their names burn into her mind but she doesn’t yet mention them. ”There is much to consider so if you have questions, please ask them now.”

There is no speech to waste their time, no words of dreams and hopes. Blunt and forward Nayl looks ahead to where Nerine and the residents will go.

Nayl
    covet and myrina's creation
    Celeana

Woeful silky vocals of her queen, reach her ears, and she answers the call stepping forth. Verdant eyes searching in a worrisome manner for Naga, as she reached the small flock of equine. Craning her porcelain head at a slight incline, towards the meeting rock where the gorgeous build of the ebony maiden stood valiantly. But the news that was brought to her attention filled the girl with sorrow, Naga had worked so god damn hard for her throne. The panther queen placed in new traditions, she gave her heart and soul to the sisterhood. And Nayl? She hadn't done shit.

She watches silently as Naga stepped down, leaving way for Nayl. Celeana quickly reaches the inky maiden's side, brushing her velvet muzzle across her shoulder. "You did your best, and thats all that matters." She whispers, her temptress vocals springing into life as she tries to comfort her friend. 

Her emerald gaze meets Nayl, and with once silenced lips she speaks aloud concerned on the minor changes upon the ranks, and possible ideas Nayl had for the surrounding countries and what relations would be necessary tone formed for the well being of their homeland. "Specifically what changes do you plan to enforce upon the ranks? What are views on relations with the surrounding countries of Beqanna? As our new queen I suspect you have already planned our possible future allies." She pauses briefly, prevailing her questions resiliently. Nayl better be fucking prepared if she's overthrowing Naga. Cause it's going to take a hell of a lot to make up for, and to possibly redeem to be even close to what Naga accomplished during her short-lived queen-hood.

"Also what is to become of our male residents? What ranks will they be able to uphold?" She bustles out her last question, her once friendly gaze shifting into an icy cold glare targeting Nayl. She better fucking fill hose huge shoes she just stepped into to, or there's going to be a hell of a problem for the sisterhood. 

Where the Wild Things Are

Sorry Aeris, she's really pissed because she really liked Naga.... so.....yeah.
    [Image: celeana1_zps6eonkecp.gif?w=480&h=480&fit...1483304507]
    Stillwater
    He'd been there.

As the panther soiled her grubby claws, he'd been there. As she bled her heart and passion in to the earth, he'd been there. She made this place, as much as one could with trying to claim nature for her people. Carved it, shaped it. She was crowned and made royal as her followers rallied to her, some so very quickly, others with reservations. He'd stood watchful in the background, keeping distant, respecting the power she wielded. Bearing witness to it all since the beginning.

So, like an old friend he flowed into this gathering, wet and glittering with a fresh sheen of the sea. Water pooled at his feet as Naga spoke, expression neutral. She explained that she had been challenged, and that she had forfeited her battle. He smirked openly, eyes alight with silent laughter. Bold, kitten. To claim her loss as a gift to Nayl, bold.

She'd been challenged, yes, and she'd choked. The painted woman had won by default, though she was given no such credit here. That one could take care of herself however, and did not require anyone to speak on her behalf, to defend her. Those who had cared enough for their panther queen had watched their battle, and knew these words for what they were.

The leadership passed. Naga stepped down and Nayl took her place. He carefully watched the former queen join the ranks of the ordinary with hurt pride, the few that still remained here. When she'd founded this paradise, he'd seen a strength within her the others hadn't. Her lengthy absence, and the absence of the majority of her people, had diminished that strength. Dulled it. She would find it again, though.

Nayl's voice carried easily and he honed in on her. There was a new strength in Nerine now. A much needed one as the land grew silent and dusted. She had remained when nearly all others had become ghosts. Even he had left for a wretched stint in the Meadow as he waited for this kingdom to tumble to ashes before he would reclaim his cavern. He had seen it coming, but perhaps his early return was not all that bad. He had been able to learn more of Nayl before she would become Queen.

Rich, autumn eyes met his deep blue-grays. His own eyes narrowed imperceptibly in response, but that slow smile crept across his lips. Always the thinker, she. What was she planning?

The tone of the pale mare, Celeana, soured the clean air. His hungry gaze slid carefully to her like a prowling gator at the water's surface. She spoke of castes and ranks, surrounding countries. Her next words tug a cold chuckle from his throat. "As our new queen I suspect you have already planned our possible future allies." It seemed his kitten had a pet of her own. A poorly trained one, at that. Where Naga had grace and feral power, this one only had that growling-kitten face he'd grown to despise.

The challenge in her voice belied her current station; far, far beneath her new queen. It forced his smooth voice to trickle over their ears. Your own precious cat had no such plans laid out.  Curb your tongue, or I will eat it. He paused long enough for that to sink in. There may have been considerations as to how her tongue would taste, but unfortunately he suspected it would be rather dry and bitter. Pity.

He'd once felt compelled to react to such rebellion on behalf of Naga, at her own meeting. However, despite concern for how she was treated, he had not. He'd seen who was in charge then, and it wasn't the dark woman they'd named queen. This time, the queen really was the one in charge, and she'd not be casting him out simply for having an extra leg. Enjoy that one, ladies.

What ranks she chooses to keep or do away with, and who fills them, are none of your concern. She is your leader. If you don't like it, get the hell out. And good riddance, insolent curr. He turned away from her dismissively.

It was essentially the same thing he'd nearly said at Naga's meeting so long ago. Some of the women here were too barbaric for diplomacy and he dearly wished they'd figure that out already and bugger off. Nothing was keeping them here. Why did they accept a leader then turn around and hate everything she said and did? Idiots.

They may not have chosen Nayl this time around, but her title had been earned fairly. More than fairly, if they considered how long the land had been quiet. She'd even taken the time to wait and hope it would revive when she could have just taken over then. Perhaps she should have, then this one could still be hiding under a bush somewhere.

Cold gaze returned to the new Queen. He nodded solemnly.
    Perhaps these heathens could learn respect, yet.

ooc: i swear to goodness this is why he avoids groups :|  Ridiculous.
    Hope that at least entertains someone while they're at work or something.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it
    Just as she had before, Djinni heeds the call of the black queen. It has been barely any time at all since they were last gathered; is something finally going to be made of this quiet realm beside the sea?

She settles beside Celeana, keeping the pale mare between herself and the inky black Stillwater. He is not so open as the purple Bowie or friendly Simeon; Djinni has not yet formed an opinion of him.

When Naga begins to speak, Djinni turns her sea green eyes to the black mare clearly open and interested despite the statement she had made at the last gathering of the queendom. She has never disliked the leader, only doubted her (as she doubts them all), and questioned the more ludicrous ideas that she and her advisors had proposed. The grullo mare makes no sound as the queen speaks, but he does turn her gaze to Nayl as the tobiano is mentioned. Naga speaks of a sisterhood that she has already dissolved and Djinni scowls for a moment, but does not take it to heart. No one ever truly means what they say; perhaps doing it so flawlessly is why Naga had been a good diplomat.

Nayl speaks very little and Djinni meets the grullo's gaze steadily before asking: "Will stallions hold their own ranks in a male caste, or they will be included in those of a sisterhood?" Her tone does not lend a biases to either option, though clearly to choose the later is to betray the very nature of the sisterhood that Djinni had thought she had chosen. She has always loved tradition (as much as she loves breaking it), and she is not so tied to Nerine as to not leave if she was led astray by false promises.

Celeana, the little spotted mare,seems full of vitriol, her barbed words aimed at a Nayl that Djinni does not know. The tobiano is qualified to be queen for two reason that Djinni knows of: she herself had not disappeared when Naga had, and she had been bold enough to challenge for the throne. It does not speak to her qualifications in any other way, but the queries that Celeana throws at her would be better asked of an untrustworthy usurper after the throne of a beloved and worthy Queen. Naga is neither of those things. She had made no attempts at diplomacy with the other lands or done anything but call meetings where nothing was decided or discussed.

Yet despite whatever private thoughts Djinnihad about Celeana's vocal opinions, the moment that the mare is threatened, she reacts.

In the blink of an eye she is between Celeana and the black stallion, with a few fading particles of golden sand the only sign that she had ever been anywhere else. Her own voice is just as smooth and even as Stillwater's as she meets his gaze steadily. "If you try to lay a hoof on her, you will deeply regret it."

Djinni has already given up that she can readily change her shape (if only to Nayl), her hue (if only to Lagertha), and her position in the blink of an eye. She would have no qualm with depositing the black stallion three miles out to sea, and could do so and be back at the meeting in the time it would take her heart to beat a single time.

"Are you quite sure that males belong in a land that I was told was a Sisterhood?" She asks Nayl, taking her attention from Stillwater to meet the autumn gaze of the new queen with a stony expression. "This one in particular seems to embody what so many women might come here to escape."
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster
    as the winds blow, so will I know...
    The panther woman's call rings out over the land, and Simeon answers. His gut tells him what this will be about, though he holds his conclusions until he comes to join the small group gathered before her. The bay roan steps in on the other side of Stillwater, filling in the empty spaces of the semi-circle. Mismatched gaze skims over them, recognizing all but the speckled white mare. He looks up to Naga as she states her reason for the calling of this gathering, confirming his suspicions. As she concludes and steps down, making way for Nayl, Sim's eyes seek hers out, conveying his empathy for her and hopefully sending some positive vibes. He wants to console her, but as she settles in with the gathered few, this pale mare is there to do it for him.

But then, this mare whose name Simeon hadn't heard, opened her mouth in what sounded like protective outrage, which he supposes is to show her support of the former queen. He understands where she's coming from, however misplaced her derision is directed. Just a little too late, and altogether misguided. Naga was a great person, but unfortunately hadn't been able to prove herself as queen in the silent months that had followed and with the dwindling of Nerine's numbers. Hell, for a kingdom supposed to be dominantly female, they stand here today pretty  equally rationed. The roan stallion is at a loss for words, but it doesn't matter as the silence is filled with both Stillwater and Djinni's voices.

Simeon shakes his broad head, moving to place his body between the inky black stallion and Djinni (whom he doesn't remember being mouse-colored, as she'd been shades of pink when last they'd met- interesting, that). "Now, now, mi amicos. I'm sure we can all be civil here." He keeps his tones smooth and even, seeking to diffuse the tension. "Signora, it is good of you to stand for Naga, but perhaps you should hear Nayl out before casting judgement that she is unworthy, no?" It is a gentle suggestion directed at the unknown mare. He looks to Djinni next, nodding to her with a friendly expression. "Pardon my friend, but you can't completely blame him for defending our new queen after such rudeness. I am sure he means no disrespect." He spares an apologetic glance at Naga before he turns to stare at Stillwater, shooting him a pointed look as if to say "don't you ruin this for us". He certainly doesn't wish to be cast out, and he knows the peculiar wet stallion doesn't either. With a light sigh, Simeon turns back to Nayl, nodding to her. "I, for one, am here and ready to hear the answers to the queries that have been laid out by these fine ladies." No ass kissing, it is all out of respect from him, attempting to keep the focus on the change of leadership and its runnings, and hopefully (if he was to be successful) tension-free.
    as the grasses grow, so will I go…
    as far as the skies will take me nothing can break me…
    as the winds blow

This is Major Tom to Ground Control. I'm stepping through the door and I'm floating in a most peculiar way. And the stars look very different today. For here am I sitting in a tin can. Far above the world, Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do.

Bowie is not the best at being in the right place at the right time. He prefers to spend his days in Nerine basking in warm suns and drifting along the dark sands like the content man that he is. He does not play politics nor does he plan to. His life is a simple one.

The sounds of a call, the voices, the tension snatches him from sleep. Bowie's features wrinkle and he sighs heavily as he hauls up the sprawled out purple body and glittery wings in a rather loud huff. he takes hi time- practically ages -to get to his feet and finally move onward to join the group. Duo toned eyes rove over the crowd and from face to face before he decides to settle in along Djinni. The stallion thinks the woman is rather attractive and endlessly interesting plus he feels the most comfortable with her as well. With a friendly bump, he slides along her side to fall silent and listen as the group debated the future of Nerine.

Bowie.

just wanted to show face!
    She spun the stars on her fingernails
    Nayl expected more anger and more upheavals, but then reminds herself of how few were actually here. She remembers how quiet it had been and how silenced Naga became. There shouldn’t be a reason for an angry outcry, but still Nayl prepared herself for it.

They arrive quickly and she pitches a glance toward each one curiously, her lips pursed into a thin line. Most are agreeable and curious, but Celeana breaks from the crowd with words bleeding with poison. As always, Nayl listens and she weighs what is being said. As far as it affecting her, it has no success. Her autumn eyes stare unyieldingly at the spotted mare and her body never wavers from her place. The situation warrants a response, but just as Nayl’s mouth opens she sees Stillwater retaliate in her name. His thread would be considered idle, but she senses the hunger in him, daring Celeana to respond. Nayl unabashedly grins to herself as her eyes, curtained behind her forelock, steadily watch the stallion. He is winning favor with her time and time again, but she doesn’t admit this aloud. The predicament they are all in is far too demanding of attention for Nayl to distract herself with ideologies of Stillwater’s manner. While she mildly enjoyed his barbed tongue, Djinni takes another stance. Warnings are being volleyed among them and at first, Nayl says nothing. She will not raise her voice louder among them and so she waits as the salty breeze tousles her mane and tail.

More have shown themselves than she anticipated. With the change their numbers are creeping from the taverns and dunes as though they’ve been here this entire time. Snide remarks come to mind, but Nayl steadies her tongue with impatience until there is finally a moment in which she can speak. Her gaze levels on Bowie then Simeon as he gives his own passage and openness to hear of these minor changes. Calculating her reply, Nayl takes a drawn breath and rolls her shoulders. She looks among them as her body quivers with anticipation, but to them she is made of marble and ice. Her tongue is sharp and brash, hardly as tender as their previous leader. ”No, Celeana,” her attention darts from the men to the spotted mare again, ”I cannot pull alliances out of my ass. Naga never had us visit the other lands so that’s where I’m heading after this – to see what lies beyond these borders. I suggest putting your mouth to better use and representing Nerine in an outing to one of the other herds.” Despite the thorns in her voice Nayl remains steady and unfazed, never reactive.

It's with this same stony expression that she looks at Djinni, one of the few that she can muster herself to consider a friend. ”The stallions will not be in the same ranks as us. Additionally, I will limit how many are here. They have their uses, but I will ensure we always outnumber them with the consideration of our Jungle roots. The few strong enough to remain here will be put to use, but not as slaves.” Here, she glances at Simeon, Bowie, and lastly, Stillwater. They will remain here; this is their home. They will have their positions and purposes in Nerine. ”Stillwater isn’t quite so bad, Djinni,” a shadowed grin shatters her placid expression for the first time since the group congregated, but it flickers away quickly.

”We don’t have a large number, obviously, so we don’t need lists of ranks that can’t be filled. We will still have divisions, but condensed. Anyone that wants to join us will have to prove themselves with a fairly minor task.” Complete a battle to be in the army, partake in a lesson or outing to be in diplomacy. Everything is being chiseled out of Nayl’s brain, but she is still mulling it all over and still trying to fully decide how she will construct their home now. They’ve become lazy and stagnant: this, they can all agree on.

Nayl
    covet and myrina's creation
    breaking waves of change
    She watches as Nayl takes over, a women ready to take up the slack she didn't mean to leave. Of course, most of those who gather are in her favor...all but one. Beside her, her beautiful ebony spotted woman steps forward, defending our dark feline woman's honor. She is thankful, but as soon as her words fly toward Nayl, Stillwater threatens her, and before Naga can say anything, Djinni steps in. She is surprised, yet she doesn't know what to do. This bickering is what got them in this predicament. They were too busy going at each others throats to even hear Naga out, or if they did, they fought her ideas.

When words cease, she lightly caresses Celeana's shoulder with her black velveteen muzzle, her words barely a whisper.
    "....thank you my love..."
    With that she turns her attention back to the victor, and as she speaks, Naga can feel her fur bristle as she slowly shifts. Her feline eyes burn with slight annoyance. Of course she would decide to allow men to stay and give them opportunity within the kingdom. Naga's annoyance lies with Djinni, of whom said nothing. The same woman who had an outburst of disgust when Naga held the initiation meeting and said men were to have a place here. She saw where she stood with that...Her long black tail flicked back and forth, her eyes merely slits of green in her broad black head.

As the questions of alliances and such begin to fly, Naga feels herself begin to sink. She never took initiative to visit the other kingdoms...what had she been thinking. She ruined this for herself. She could leap off one of these cliffs now and drown herself in the raging seas. She was a dedicated and skilled diplomat for the Amazons...and she failed miserably at that aspect of queendom. Of course, Nayl is doing everything she didn't have a chance to do. She wanted more bodies before establishing relations. But, apparently her numbers died more than grew. Nayl's barbed words about our black feline not doing these things just flew through one ear and out the other. She took another step forward and just sat on her hind quarters like an unenthused house cat. She had heard enough crap about her and heard so many go against her that she just sat there and let the words fly right over her head.

There would be time for karma, but she was not going to chime in and become another bickering voice in the crowd of barely nothing. She just looked to Nayl, eyes still green slits. yup...just keep poking. you won. ugh, can't I just be dead yet? She couldn't help but think it. But, she was not going to voice it. Instead she piped up.

"Well, I suppose I can start recruiting and visit a kingdom to see where our relations will stand. Is there anywhere you suggest I visit first."

She does not sound enthused or hopeful, not like she did in the beginning. And it was not a question, just a statement. She was still too sore and her wounded pride still raw from just losing her title of queen, of which she had waited and worked her whole life for. Her purpose in life was practically a delicate vase that was just thrown down onto a concrete floor. Never to be repaired again. She felt awful, but all she was going to show was not even half of what she felt on the inside. She needed something to do to get her mind off her complete and utter frustration.
    Naga
    [style].sundaypic2{background-image:url("http://barbellsandbeakers.com/beqanna/witchflygif.gif");width:500px;height:500px;z-index:1;border:black solid 1px}.sundaytext2{z-index:2;width:400px;height:370px;position:relative;top:20px;overflow-y:auto;color:#ffffff;text-align:justify;font-family:times;background-color:#000000;opacity: 0.4;filter: alpha(opacity=40);padding:10px;}.sundayname2{z-index:3;position:relative;top:30px;color:#ffffff;font-size:25pt;font-family:times;letter-spacing:10px;}.sundayquote{z-index:7;position:relative:bottom:80px;color:#000000;font-family:times;font-size:8pt;}[/style]
    The perpetually friendly smile from the back of the crowd would not miss these callings. Even though the silence that descended on the kingdom disheartened her (her loss of her abilities, her sudden silence, the emptiness of the new sisterhood...it's enough to make even the brightest flame dim). She's found her steps lackluster and hesitant to pursue much else in terms of the kingdom. Part of her wonders if she should fall back asleep in the great elder trees and awake in a few decades when this has all passed.

What's the use of hiding, though? Sunday stopped hiding all those years ago when Scorch found her in the meadow, bleeding from the nose and heaving her heavy breath into the air.

"I am here," she says quietly from the back, watching everything unfold in front of her. Normally she's step in and calm them - but they're doing it themselves. Do they need her, the calm witch? Or is she just a relic of the old times?
    SUNDAY

never put your faith in a prince. when you require a miracle, trust in a witch