• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've got some damn bad intentions - vlinder, any
    She had promised Vlinder safety, but she is no longer sure that she can trust this place to provide it.

A few months ago she might have, but now she is no longer certain. Djinni does not go back on her promises (it is why she makes them so infrequently), and the burden of responsibility is heavy. It is why she has done her best to shirk it in the past, to remain beholden to no one but herself.

Still, as she walks ahead of the blue roan mare, she keeps her sea green eyes open for any other familiar faces. The seaside has been quiet, but with Nayl's coronation she suspects that some frenzy will crest upon their shores, even if it is only for a brief while.

"This is the sea," she says to the roan mare, turning back to gesture at the open expanse of green water. "There are riptides farther out, but once summer comes the water is safe and warm."

"What do you think?"

@[Vlinder]
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster
    Butterflies are self propelled flowers.
    Where she wouldn’t have believed a male on his word, the blue roan girl likes to believe that Djinni had spoken the truth. That she would be welcome, and most of all, safe. She had also easily taking a liking in the grullo woman, but if she had really based that on the right fundaments, that was another question. Vlinder never really had friends before, and now running into the first female that was friendly to her – not including any family members – it was only to be expected that she instantly leans too much to this ‘stranger’. Even though her mind tells her not too.

It is with a mix of curiosity and natural nervousness that she enters Nerine, following Djinni behind. But once the soft rolling waves and the beach comes into view, she walks past the dark lady, eyes twinkling as she takes in the sight. ”It.. It’s beautiful” she manages to speak softly, while carefully moving closer to the rolling waves. Her gaze travels to the horizon, where the sea blends with the sky. ”Is it always like this?” she asks, slightly swaying her horned head in Djinni’s direction.
    Vlinder
    Zeik x Felinae

OOC: Okay, ignore the rubbishness.. Too distracted by an awardshow xD
    Djinni stands quietly as Vlinder moves past her, content to watch the roan mare rather than the waves. Those she has seen before, but it is always worth it to watch others come to Nerine for the first time. The sound of the gulls down the beach reach her flicking ears, as do the distant bellows of the sea lion bulls as they loudly defend their stretches of sand.

As Vlinder moves closer to the waves Djinni follows her, enjoying the soft give of the sandy soil beneath her hooves as she does so. "Usually," she replies, "Though in winter the sea is more gray than green, and dripping water turns the cliffsides to glistening ice. It's more dangerous then, but also more beautiful, I think."

This shoreline is no tropical paradise - Beqanna had given that to the residents of Ischia - but it has its own beauty. The soft grey of granite and the blue-green of the sea are most common colors of the Nerinian canvas, but the streaks of white marble in the cliffs and on the backs of gulls, and the inky shadows of the plentiful caves provides a break in the duochrome landscape.

"Queen @[Nayl] rules the seaside now; I'm sure you'll meet her soon enough." She adds as she steps forward to stand evenly beside the unicorn. "There are dozens of caves in the cliffs; you're welcome to find your own, or there are larger ones where we sometimes gather in poor weather."
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster