• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

waves of change [any welcome]
    breaking waves of change
    Just like that it was over. No more queendom, no more molding a new land, nothing. SHE was nothing. Our panther woman kicked out of her metaphorical thrown and tossed to the gator pit. Barbed words and hateful glances was all she received since she returned from her hiatus. Hell, she remembered a few Jungle queens who took a while to decide things but always came back and were never overthrown. But, she was disliked from the get go. So, long story short...Nayl was queen now, and she was nothing, just a resident panther sitting atop the high cliffs, watching as the waves crash down below.

She was pathetic, feeling useless, hated, and disrespected. Her pride was broken, and she had once been so full of fire and gusto. At least she still had Celeana, but even though she had her new love....she was still alone. No family, no other friends. Just Celeana. Though she is forever grateful to have been graced with such a woman. Such a knockout of a woman. But, as she sits, watching the screeching gulls hover about below, a sharp male voice disrupts her thoughts. She whips her head around to see who was speaking to her, but she sees no horse....only a russet colored Pine Marten sitting up on a rock behind her.

"Ya know, it's not right seeing a fierce predator such as yourself feeling down like this. What the hell are you doing? I've been watching you. I know what is wrong. But don't act so hurt and innocent. You did this to yourself."

Naga's eyes blazed, she leaped for the small predator with fangs bared and snarled with a booming voice.

"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!? Watch your tongue weasel! I'm sick and tired of hearing this shit. I am done!! Next time someone speaks to me or about me in such a way, I will not hesitate to rip their throats out!"

Her words are sharpened, double edged blade, but the creature only cackles at her. She grew more furious as it laughed at her, her fur bristled angrily and her tail lashed back and forth. It spoke again, seemingly pleased...

"AAAHA!!! Now, that's the girl I am looking for. I knew you had it in you! Name's Brecken....and I am a Pine Marten by the way. I knew you had spark, just needed to get it out of ya! I saw that gathering, where you stepped down. You held you tongue when you clearly wanted to lash out. Come on Panther, you have to stop being such a pushover. Look where it got you?"

She was getting annoyed now, but this little predator was right.....what was she doing with herself? She used to be so strong willed and fiery. But now? She was just a soft house cat in comparison to who she used to be. But, it felt nice to get her frustrations out...and this Pine Marten...Brecken...was to thank for it. Her fur laid down a bit now, she looks to the adorable yet tricky creature with curiosity in her eyes.

"Brecken....well...thank you. I needed that. But....why are you watching me? And where did you come from, what do you want of me?"

The creature smiled, its sharp teeth gleaming as brightly as its large round eyes. His voice sincere.

"Well, my kittycat. I have been watching you since you first got here...I have lived her since this place came to be. I saw you rise and I saw you fall. You intrigued me, and you looked so lonely. I want to be your companion of sorts. I would like to serve you as long as you wish me to..."

She had no words....only wide eyes and a gaping mouth. What was this? A familiar? A companion other than a horse? She remembered back to her meeting with the shifters back in the forest...Smother and Lupei. She could see Smother, hissing back and forth to another real python of whom served as her familiar, her companion. She wondered if Brecken was the same...only time would tell...
    Naga