• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Brisgustle! & any
    Hey look, you can put a nice quote here.
    She releases a battle cry, lifting her lithe little body up on spindly hind legs and boxing the air with her fores. "Ready or not, here I come!" There's a wide smile on her face as she lands herself with a light thud. The apricot girl sets forth, keen eyes scanning the brush nearest to her. He isn't there. Okay, fine, next idea. She trots off across the clearing to a copse of trees, strides elegant despite her youth. Ears flick this way and that, daring him to make a sound less she catch it, therefore giving away his position. Baby face, soft and feminine, pokes behind one tree and then another. He isn't there. "Come out, come out, wherever you are!" Her smile begins to falter as she moves onto another spot. Heart begins to beat a little faster, of its own accord. 

She thinks she hears a sound behind a large bush, gets a smirk on her face as she lowers her head and neck, slowing her pace so she can creep up and hopefully give him a start when she.. POPS out from the other side and whinnies loudly! Her honey and gold-flecked eyes go wide as a rabbit screeches and takes off like lightning out of the thicket and far away. Darn it! Not him. Slowly, she turns around and scans the area, a sinking feeling in her gut. The girl starts to think she doesn't like this game. Where was he? Her other half, the he to her she. He was never far from her side. Ever. Why did they decide to play this game? Oh, right. Her idea. Bad one. Hmph. Where could he possibly hide himself? Surely a peach colored boy couldn't blend in SO well. 

She frowns, eyes scanning while her mind conjures any ideas on where he could be and where all she's already looked. She huffs, gearing up to call out and tell him to just come out already. And then she sees it. So obvious. To her, anyway. To anyone else, they would never have seen it. That mischievous smile returns to her lips and she approaches swiftly, gaze trained on the spot where she'd seen the barest of movements in a pile of old leaves, all shades of brown and crispy laying next to some brush. She comes to stand near it, grinning down. It is truly the perfect spot he would choose. His scent definitely gives him away, but if not for that, it would be the soft rustling of his breath in the leaves. She giggles and darts her head into the brush to tag him with her nose. "Found ya, Russie!" Grinning, she forgets all about the anxiety before, and doesn't mind the relief that floods her now that she's found him.
    And another line worth of quote can go here if you like.

@[Rustle] , @[Gust] & any other babies who want to play! Smile
    Boyo could maybe use a quote or something...

"Found ya, Russie!!"

With a wild yelp, he flew to his feet, eyes wide in fright! Dried and brittle leaves flew around him, and a pretty red one hung over his face, caught on the nub of a unicorn horn. Panting, he quickly scanned for the threat. What! What is it Briske? Where? I'll stomp it! More frantic searching gave no new results. Slowly, he realized she wasn't cowering at his side.

And then he remembered. They were playing. He remembered finding the perfect place to hide! A soft pile of leaves had covered him, dispersing the sunlight in beautiful shades of reds and oranges. It was so nice in there, so cozy, and.. he must have fallen asleep. He had been so tired today, worrying over her while she slept. It was up to him to keep her safe, after all; she was his Other.

His head ducked in shame, shoulders slumped, as he turned to give her a fragile smile. I um. Oh gosh he'd ruined her game. She loved this game! How had he fallen asleep? Something could have happened to her and he would have slept through the whole thing. He was a terrible Other. I.. I'm really sorry, Briske. I won't do it again. Shall I try to find you now? he asked hopefully. He couldn't believe he'd messed things up. He would demand himself not to watch over her as she slept but he knew that was useless. He would always be vigilant in caring for her.

Ghast trotted over to the aprcot foals. Each looked like the other. His cream mane and tail contrasted to his bay coat. He was finially meeting other foals. Excitement welled up in the youngster as he walked over to them.

"H-Hi" he said, his voice faultering, "I'm Ghast, what are your names?"

He had watched them playing a game. "What's that game you were playing? It looked like fun! Can I play too?"