• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  break some bread for all my sins | naga

It's uncharacteristically warm for early spring and Dahmer is taking advantage of the heat, a contented hum escaping his maw as he stands smack-dab in the middle of the meadow. A variety of individuals have taken to mingling, perhaps feeling more social in the unexpected heat, but Dahmer is standing with his blue eyes closed to better appreciation the conclusion of winter. His ears flutter casually with each bird chirp or distant whinny, but he's otherwise lost in thought.

Memories of Desole and Executioner occasionally wander into his brain, filling the black beast with bittersweet nostalgia. It had been years since he'd crossed paths with his sire and dam, perhaps since they had abdicated their thrones in the Subway and had placed its residents into his inexperienced hooves. He had been young and headstrong then, nearing his fifth birthday, but he had had a prosperous reign. A quiet sigh falls from ajar lips before Dahmer opens his ocean blue eyes and wills his thoughts back to the present.

A black mare with a uniquely-colored mane and tail stands fairly close to Dahmer. His blue eyes are drawn to her instantly and the thoroughbred can't help but to take a few steps closer to the mare, who has stopped next to one of the many creeks that criss-cross the meadow. He nickers at the mare, a lazy grin finding its place on his black lips.

His smile falters, though, when she turns to look at him and his blue eyes catch her green ones. "Clearly, we must be soulmates, judging by eye color alone," he muses warmly, "My name is Dahmer. And you are?"

@Naga ! I couldn't help myself, Queenie, I stalked her and fell in love :D
    breaking waves of change
    For too long our dark feline woman had been slinking around the dark caves of her coastal kingdom. The thick scent of ocean clung to her brine covered black coat. It seemed like years since she had been here, the meadow....it was one of the other places in Beqanna, other than the field and forest, that never changed after the land shift. She always did like it here, all the horses mingling here with usual disregard of "who was from where". She herself met many horses from differing places here back in the old Beqanna. Though now everyone was still getting used to these new homes and establishing their kingdom relations. Even Nerine was still struggling to get herself on her feet per say. Though, Naga was the cause of that...she tried...but she was one shabby queen. She needed to rule with a steel fist, not a soft cushion that was afraid to hurt anyone's feelings. She just didn't want to be disliked...but in the end that is what ended up happening anyway.

As her mind wandered, a male voice muses at her from behind. Words never spoken to her by a man before...Her striking green eyes flicker to him with a fierce fire within them, a fire that had been lost when she was beginning to fail as a queen. Her ears didn't lay back, but she was as feisty as an agitated cobra. She could practically spit venom. Boy, if Celeana were here she would already be at this male's neck. But, Naga had her old playfulness back, and sass...so she decided to play along with this..."Dahmer"'s,,,game. Her chubby large pony body jokingly pranced about as she fluttered her eyelashes at him like a dim damsel in mating season. Her usually deep sultry voice was an obviously fake high pitched girly "southern belle" voice. Oh our silly kitty...how she did miss playing.

"Oh mah stars!! Little ol' me? Your soulmate? Excuse me whilst I swoon, your baby blues temp me, sir!!"

She couldn't help herself. This was just how she was. Naga was never fond of men, only a select few found themselves worthy of her trust and friendship, but it was men like these that she found hard to trust. He tried to coo at her like Davorin did about four years ago. She was young, naive..and she fell madly in love with the milky buckskin man with the antlers. But, he left her pregnant with deer shifting twin girls, and never spoke to her again. After that, she never trusted men, or even felt much attracted to them....thus why she has found love with Celeana. But, she might as well start being more open to men...seeing as the sisterhood was going to welcome them. So, it was about time she start to break some of these judgmental ways of hers and try to be a little more open to stallions.

She smiles at him coyly, the fire still burning in her eyes. But, the fake voice is gone, now replaced with her usual deep, silk voice. Sultry and dark , she was quite the woman. But, she was all Celeana's. Though that didn't mean she couldn't try to make some friends.

"Haha forgive me, Dahmer. It's been a long time since I have been able to let loose, and I have not met many stallions for I have lived almost my entire life in a kingdom full of strong feminist women. Please pardon my slightly self-protective mannerisms, it comes from years of dealing with the men of Beqanna around breeding season. My name is Naga, ex queen of Nerine. Pleasure to meet you."

She, of course. is a bundle of words. She has never been one for small talk....literally. It was always practically a full on speech. A freaking seminar. Poor girl, she has never been one to get out there and socialize much, so when she does, she kinda goes overboard with the word vomit. She can't help it, it's just the way she is. But she can't help but hope this man finds her first reaction to his words humorous. She was not at all used to hearing such flattery from men. Most men avoided or feared her, for she was mostly always in her panther form. But, today was of course the day she had chosen to remain in her equine form. Good job Naga, you just done made yourself a walking target for conversation.
    Naga

The metallic black mare whips her head around, drawing an amused grin from Dahmer as he recognizes the fire that burns in her beautiful eyes. His own tail lashes against strong hindquarters at the sudden excitement rising in his chest and his lean legs shift restlessly at the prospect of this game. She begins to prance and the black beast nearly chokes on his laughter, the obviously-feigned southern drawl catching him completely off guard. Her willingness to play with him, a stranger, strikes him nostalgically as something his old friend Amaterasu would do, and a sharp pang of homesickness hits him.

Dahmer forces himself to leave that memory behind and instead responds in kind to the green-eyed mare with an exaggerated fluttering of his eyelashes. "You make me blush, m'lady! These ocean eyes twinkle only for you," his voice is loud and gentlemanly -- traits that have described Dahmer in very few moments in his lifetime -- but the end of his statement is twinged with uncontrollable laughter.

As his laugh subsides, the blue-eyed stallion notices his newest acquaintance's expression shift from playful to coy in nature. He watches her carefully, reining in his own amusement to gift her with a sly, lopsided grin. It was something of a trademark, or at least it had been, on Azza.

Admittedly, the thoroughbred enjoys the mare's natural voice much more than that of her southern belle impression. Despite the rambling.

He listens attentively, ears pricked forward and head cocked slightly to the side to display his interest. Dahmer finds her endearing, and he allows her to finish her speech before he takes an obviously-exaggerated inhale.

"Well, lovely Naga, ex-Queen of Nerine, please forgive this speech of mine, as I do not usually take part in long monologues." This small bit of information is, in fact, the truth. It had been a long while since he'd had anyone willing to listen to long-winded speeches from someone who was regarded as snake-like as he was. He clears his throat playfully before continuing, his voice warm and gruff and all things sly.

"I come from a land called Azza, where I was the King of the Subway. We have that "ex" thing in common, yes?" Here, a grin. "I was gifted the throne after my mother and father abdicated and I had a fantastic reign, but Azza was lost to an earthquake and I was forced to leave. I've since found an occasional home, but nothing as permanent as my Subway, so I'm hoping to find some sort of stability here in Beqanna." He pauses now, blue eyes flicking away from the mare briefly, to survey their surroundings, before he turns his gaze back to her beautiful greens. "Lucky for you, lovely Naga, I enjoy having my ass handed to me by strong feminist women. It reminds me of my mother."

He grins playfully, another chuckle falling from his lips at the truth of that statement.