• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;
    She spun the stars on her fingernails
    This. It’s all hers now with hardly an effort. It was like taking candy from a child and although this should excite her, it doesn’t. Nayl had wanted a battle and to see who was a better fighter – a better Queen – for Nerine, but Naga had quit halfway through. One series of attacks and suddenly she withdrew. Most would have gloated and danced away, but Nayl’s face creased in a frown as she had slowly returned to Nerine. The nectar-sweet taste of victory quickly turned bitter in her mouth at such an easy win; nonetheless, this is all hers now.

The crash of the waves isa lullaby on this day with the sunlight resting across her back. For the first time in months she hears voices, conversation. There is life returning, but it’s on her shoulders to keep it that way and to help their home thrive. There are those who doubt her and who are waiting for that first failure for them to feed off of. They will be the first to shout her name in protest and to lead a mutiny.

The solution is easy, however.

Don’t fail.

Nayl, despite waiting in solitude, chuckles to herself. She won’t fail. What a silly idea that she would.

A step brings her closer to the edge where she can look down on the cliff side and see the beach underneath. A strong wind whips across her, but she is a statue basking in her own glory. Her mind reels with the future of their home while her eyes steadily follow the rolling waves. In the blink of an eye she has amounted to much more than her mother; now she can settle her legacy with those of her Amazon ancestors. May they look down upon her smiling with an ovation (clapping for another deadly Queen).

Nayl
    covet and myrina's creation
    breaking waves of change
    She is already there. Atop the high looming cliff accompanied by Brecken who sat between her massive black paws licking his lips victoriously at the two speckled gull eggs he had stolen from the nests below. She had listened to him before, and she realized how different she had become. From fierce feline to the likeness of a mere scrap of a neglected kitten left to die in a soggy box in the rain. She knew something had to change. But as she sits idly watching her adorable yet deadly little familiar, a scent catches her attention. Of course, it was Nayl, looming about the cliffs, probably thinking about her victory.

Her parting words of the meeting made her a little miffed, seeing as she had done nothing to disrespect Nayl. Though she knew it was probably more aimed at her dear Celeana after defending our dark feline. Striking green eyes flicker toward the smoky black painted woman, words flowing between slightly parted lips. Her long, sharp canines visible in this form made her look a bit more dangerous. In this form, she could easily destroy another horse. But, of course, Naga was not that kind of woman...unlike her mother. She speaks as soon as Nayl quits her chuckling to herself....in Naga's mind...Oi...not even I snickered like that when I became queen...nut., but she kept those little words in her head. Instead she is calm and cool as usual. Her pouting now finished, it was time to move on.

"Nayl."

She said with an acknowledging toss of the head in her direction.

Didn't take you for a cliff woman. View is nice from up here isn't it?

She is civil, no sarcasm in her words. Just friendly. Though she could tell Brecken wanted her to give Nayl a piece of her mind, but it was too far beyond over for that to even a smidgen of good now. She could hear him snicker behind her paws "lemme at her, lemme at her!" in a coy, playful way. But Naga's brow furrowed and she looked down and hissed at him.

"Can it Brecken!"

She looked back to Nayl and shrugged with a crooked smile on her face.

"Hmph, sorry about that. Brecken is only joking. Anyway...what are you're plans? Obviously I didn't have any that blossomed into reality. How do you plan on incorporating the men. You had that idea in common with me, though last time I proposed that, everyone was quick to jump down my throat."

She leaves it at that for now with a snicker at the end of her last statement. It was true, but she found it funny no one tried to shove Nayl around and disrespect her as much as everyone did with her. Their lack of trust and faith is what lead her to take a step back...it was not her fault everyone was so hard headed and stubborn. It was downright frustrating. Good luck to Nayl...these women were no soft and cushy girls, these are hardheaded, stubborn amazons. /div>
    Naga
    She spun the stars on her fingernails
    Nayl never would have assumed Naga to find her, not so soon after the change in leadership. Most would still elude the newly-appointed leader and directed their frustration elsewhere. They wouldn’t approach as she is now with her voice leveled and calm. A quick motion flips Nayl’s ears backward to listen to the former Queen behind her before deciding to slowly turn her head for a sideways glance. ”Naga,” she replies in the same, dull tone. They’ve never been on the best terms, but they’ve mostly tolerated one another due to their Amazon bonds. The sisterhood holds their blood closely – everyone’s blood – as a family should be, but no family is perfect.

There’s always a few that stir things up.

”I never imagined I would enjoy the view of a cliff,” she admits with her eyes dutifully trained on the shore and ocean beyond their reach, ”but I’m learning to like it.” Finally, she pivots to face the mare, their eyes leveling onto one another ”I do miss having a lot of trees though,” she had enjoyed their shade and how they were like sentinels protecting the sisterhood. They vibrated with magic and power. Here, it’s the mere crashing of the waves that reflect any amount of life.

Nayl’s eyes narrow when she hears and watched Naga snap at a rodent squirming between her legs. A brow raises, but her derision is curtained by her forelock that hangs loosely down her face. ”You have a pet now?” Or perhaps it’s a future meal for one night the panther is famished. Although the idea is laughable she keeps her mouth pursed shut and nods her head in response. She doubts the critter is joking (likely he speaks for Naga’s unspoken thoughts), but Nayl doesn’t press the matter. Instead, she considers the panther’s question carefully. In other situations, she wouldn’t quite divulge all her plans, but anything she proposes here will affect all that live in Nerine, and so she tells just a small portion of her ideas.

”Patrol, mostly,” she shrugs indifferently as she glances toward the ocean thoughtfully, ”but I will limit how many live here. It’s a sisterhood first and foremost, but I’m not about to chain them into slavery like the rumors have said.” A chuckle punctuates the fable that others have fabricated in her stead, tasting the truth with mild satisfaction at how wrong her peers had been.

They think they know her and what plans she will forge, but they know nothing.

Nayl
    covet and myrina's creation