• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Cat Caught Your Tongue?; Stillwater
    Stillwater

There was a sense of foreboding hanging over him as he drifted from the meeting. A grudging respect had gently blossomed for his Queen. However. Uncertainty and doubt began slowly poisoning it. Men have their uses, she'd said. Then her eyes had met his. His blood had chilled, then ran hot. He'd flashed her a silent warning in his return stare. Then he'd left.

Whatever she had planned, she'd have to call on him herself. And she would learn he was no pawn. He would not defy her; she was his Queen. But he would not submit to her every wish either, if she intended such things. There were reasonable limits. And he bowed to no one.

He became slowly aware of something stalking him as he trailed the coastline. He splashed gently through water at the lip where ocean kissed sand, casually making his way to his home. Hungry eyes burned his cool skin, prickled the hair along his spine. His step never faltered, and he continued his path to his large cavern. Either they would do something, or they'd grow bored of their game and leave him be.

Ah, but boredom wasn't on the agenda for today, it seemed, and with a feral roar the lioness threw herself from the brush and directly into his path. "Perhaps I'll eat your tongue," she threated. He paused his gentle walk, not too eager to deliver himself to her hungery jaws. Her snout wrinkled delicately, displaying pearly white fangs. He tilted his head just a little as he studied them.

Those are far too clean for your age. Not too skilled in hunting, perhaps? he commented tonelessly. He knew her scent; she was the brutish one with the quick temper. Her fire was admirable, but she had poor aim with it, channeled it with failing words. She seemed to put her faith in the searing heat behind what she said, and not really put much thought into what she was actually saying.

I'm sure my black kitten wouldn't mind teaching you a thing or two in that regard.

He dropped a heavy hoof into the water and a splash fanned out toward her, testing her tolerance for water.
    Cats hate water, don't they.
    Here kitty, kitty, he thought playfully. Come for a swim.
    Come take a swipe at me. Harm me.

Give Nayl a reason to banish you.
    Give me a reason to kill you.

come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    Cat Caught Your Tongue?; Stillwater - by Celeana - 12-04-2016, 11:23 AM
    RE: Where The Wild Things Are; Stillwater - by Stillwater - 12-04-2016, 06:16 PM