• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

stillwater;
    Stillwater
    History was repeating.

Once again, he was haunting the very same hill, his silhouette slowly fading with the sinking sun. Each night he left the depths of darkness and the gently trickling ambience of his cavern, kept his silent vigil. He would stare out into the night, unmoving. Watching. Waiting. Then finally at dawn, he'd make his way back home, and vanish from the earth until the moon lit his doorway again.

She had plans locked tight in that clever mind of hers. Plans concerning him, concerning each of the few males that dared to join a sisterhood. It was laughable to think they may actually believe he was one of them. As though his kind would seek out companionship of a herd, long for a soft glance and a lover's touch. Wish for a safety in numbers.
    Comical, really.

And yet. Here he was, standing around idly and awaiting the virulent Queen of his land. Just as before with Naga, he was leashed to her schedule, made to hover around until she chose to make an appearance. Obedient without command. It was the title he respected, the power she held over him. Though Nayl did have a certain... charm about her. He wasn't sure she was even aware of it, an accidental allure that softened and intrigued the victims of her fire-eyes.

And then it came. His name slid from her tongue like warm honey, smooth and rich. Immediately, he hated the odd little tingle her voice stirred in his belly, the foreign zip through his veins. With a languid turn-about, dark, gray-blue eyes met her red-hot blaze. He could almost hear the hissing steam rising between them, cool water licking at searing heat.

She appeared in her usual manner; stoic and guarded. He found he missed the day she'd been more open with him. As it was, he shared a similar lack of expression as he tried to read the dancing silence in her eyes. What a pair they made with their neutral faces and careful words. She seemed to feel the seething steam between the clash of their gazes and glanced away.

Gentle drifts of salty sea air combed its grasping fingers through her dark hair, mocking him and claiming her before him. The one he couldn't touch. It found its enjoyment in the darkening of his eyes and teased him further, dragging her tantalizing fragrance through his nostrils.

Cheeky bastard.

"Are you frightened of my plans, Stillwater?" There it was again, his name. Only a name given to him at birth and yet also.. a stealthy warning. And something else entirely on her tongue. The brine of the sea clung to him, as though it originated from him and not the ocean. A sharp tang, deceptively sweet. But she couldn't truly know, could she. The manner of the beast.

The darkness in his eyes laughed at that question. Frightened. But he said nothing, withheld any reaction save the faint light of amusement reflecting back at her. A sneaking grin tried to play at her lips as she met his stare once again, just another tease.

"I saw the way you looked at me."
    He almost smiled. Did she mean now, with this raw hunger eating at him, devouring the savory contours of her face? Swallowing the glowing embers of her eyes that singed his skin.
    Come and let me cool you.
    He let a corner of his mouth tighten with a faint not-grin of his own. Frightened, she'd said.
    Not he. Never he.

And if I am? he smoothed casually, a signature slick of water gliding down his coat. His mouth tilted just a hint more.

Am I to believe you'd care?

he... whatever this is, it is your fault :|
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    stillwater; - by Nayl - 12-04-2016, 09:58 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 12-06-2016, 12:15 AM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 12-07-2016, 09:48 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 12-09-2016, 05:03 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 12-15-2016, 08:04 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 12-16-2016, 11:54 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 12-31-2016, 11:33 AM