• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as the world falls down { any }
    The kelpie makes land.

He is a fearsome red thing with gills and a crimson tail, flopping onto the beach with a thud before a flailing motion turns fin to hoof and Ashley makes the bank once more. His body is riddled with barnacles and age—but he is happy. He has been to this place and found quiet solace among the vegetation and looks to make a home here. Ea has gone silent—there is nowhere for her to be seen, and still the amber colored man defends it. Tiphon has seemed to go the other way as well; and yet, as Ashley makes himself known, shaking the excess water from his pelt, and scratching off the sea-life with little effort—magician—he smiles an easy smile when he sees his friend. “Hello Tiphon. Been a long time.”

Ashley’s normal gruffness is forgotten for the time being. Having just come from the sea—his only happiness and source of peace—he is not in a place to remember his anger at the world around him. The former King shakes his hair and watches the beads of saltwater go flying from his mane and tail. Having put his appearance to rights, Ashley flicks his ears to join the conversation, having just caught onto Fascade’s wish to know more about the island. In this moment, the Irishman becomes suspicious, his eyes embers from a long burning fire. “This is Ischia, and I am its Guardian. Home to the former residents of the Forbidden Dale and all those Loyal to Ea. Tiphon you have already met. I am Ashley.” He nods, but sees inside the male something that is not all that it appears to be. “What is your purpose for coming to these shores?”
    ashley
    I walked the path, it led me to the end.

Messages In This Thread
    as the world falls down { any } - by Fascade - 12-04-2016, 10:43 PM
    RE: as the world falls down { any } - by Tiphon - 12-05-2016, 08:21 PM
    RE: as the world falls down { any } - by Fascade - 12-06-2016, 10:45 PM
    RE: as the world falls down { any } - by Ashley - 12-07-2016, 05:01 AM
    RE: as the world falls down { any } - by Wallace - 12-07-2016, 01:21 PM