• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Let's Confirm. {Any}
    "Mandalocks … I … I know we’ve just met. And I don’t want to overstep my bounds, but … is there anything I can do for you?” The question surprises her, new emotion in her eye as she looks up at the spotted man. Her father; so unlike her in appearance but still.. Her father and that was all she had anymore.. Sunfall had receded into hiding within the shadowy edges of Sylva, near the ever-present fog, with three of her four children. Her first son stayed, choosing his father over his mother and siblings.

How long had it been since she saw her sister Sunfall? At least two seasons.. She wondered how her and her children had fared the winter's middle and whether they would return from their hiding when the snow melted in early spring. She pulled herself out of her thoughts, speaking softly.

"Be there for me." She says, starting to stand again. Eyes wet but open. She stood, shaking slightly from the exhaustion of her grieving, leaning against him. "Be there as my father." She says. She knows it is much to ask; but it is all Mandalocks asks him to do for her. Be there.
    dark, you can't come soon enough for me
    She doesn’t seem to know what to make of his question, and looks up at him with surprise in her eyes. He takes a cautious step backwards, not wanting to crowd her.

She is silent for a time, clearly thinking. Then after a pause she finally begins to stand. “Be there for me.” He meets her eyes, noting the tears still ringing them. Poor girl. So much has happened to her in such a short time. She found her long lost father, only to loose her her mother in one fell swoop.

He takes a tentative step towards her, reaching out again to brush against her cheek. He is all she has. Or at least he thinks so. And really, she is all he has. He lost track of the rest of his family years ago. “I will do my best.” But will it be enough? He certainly hopes so.
    A brush against Mandalock's cheek from Szeth calmed her further. "I will do my best." The promise came to be heard by Mandalocks at the same time hoofbeats caught her attention. "Thank you.." She says softly to her father.. Thinking 'father' was odd, since she had grown up not knowing hers. Using her sister's father as a male role model. Looking up to Sunfall. The hoofbeats stopped, coupled with a soft snort.

A grullo mare, Sunfall, and Praelia, at least a yearling now. She turned softly, face blank with shock as she recognized Sunfall and Praelia, Sunfall rounded with what appeared to be twins again. The red-and-white form of almost-mare Praelia. The rounded belly of what must be twins nearing their due date again.

"Sister?" She asks, the one word a shocked whisper. So much was happening to the foal today; so much more than she should have to cope with in one day.