• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Journey continues...
    Thoughts played back to her own kingdom and her own upbringing in it.  The expectations of her beng an heir and her duties to it.  She didn't fancy her fathers constant quest for more lands and more power.  There was never peace, never happiness, always wars.  He didn't understand that peace was more powerful...

Her attention refocused on the moment at hand. Fore that was where happiness lived, in the here and now.  He spoke of her freedoms as if he had none.  Surely he had others he could count on, hadn't he...?  She smiled but she could sense a lost soul deep within him.  Maybe he needed to discover peace as well...

His next movement pleasantly surprised her.  A playful lunge forward as he answered her question of fun to be had.  She grinned evermore.  Everything was better seen at a faster pace.  She responded without words... Ebony tassels whipped her flank as she lunged forward.  Crown tucked to her breast.  He eyed her over his shoulder to see her reaction... Her hide brushed past his as she gained speed.  Tassels danced upon her rear as her Spanish dance was more pronounced.  Cords replied,

If you can catch me M'Lord

Flirtatious smile played upon her features.  Waiting for him to pick up pace...

~Let your walls down so your heart can be free once more~ 
    DANCING NEON
    and i felt closer to the stars for having loved you
    word count: 735 -accrued points:  -HTML by Call
    .:.Dancing Neon.:.

Since he was young, Magnus had struggled to sleep. It eluded him, dancing around the edges of his conscious mind before ducking away, leaving him frustrated and awake. He had learned young that it was useless for him to find it; instead, he usually shrugged it away and did the only thing that made sense: he ran. When he was young, he had run through the jungle until he ran as swiftly as if it had been over flat ground. Then he had run through the Chamber and later the Gates. He ran until his muscles ached and his flesh was slick with sweat; until he no longer requested sleep and it instead swooped in and claimed him.

It was during these sprints that he had learned joy in the moment, suspended between moments of time, the rest of the world melting away into the sound of his hooves striking ground. He was infinite in those moments of silence; he was powerful and in control of his destiny. He was free—of everything.

So when she answers his call, joy swells in him and his grin is large and infectious. She called out to him and he laughed in response, rocking backward and then lunging forward, his powerful gait quickly eating up the ground between them. He jumped forward and then matched his pace to her own, checking himself so that they could run side by side, no sound being exchanged except the snorts and gulps for air. It was exhilarating and joyful, and he glanced over his shoulder often to make sure she was enjoying herself.

Without words, he directed their path until they had raced over vegetation and across thin coils of magma until they had reached a more secluded part of Tephra, where the land bled away into sand and near the ocean. The salt in the air here beat back the more overpowering scent of sulfur, and he found that he enjoyed coming here most often. With a wicked grin, he lowered himself to the sandy beach and then rolled joyfully, letting the ground scratch his back and fling upward on his belly. When he stood and shook, the particles flung away, but his hair was matted and tangled, and dirt smudged his inky nose.

And so he stood, grinning, lungs aching, looking upon her.

“So where are you off to next?”

Because she did not seem the type to stay any one place for long.

out of the blue out into the loneliest place that you'll ever know
    I carried the world just as far as I could but the damage had taken its toll

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]
    The simplest of actions in this world poured joy into the souls of its inhabitants... The cool in the breeze, the warmth of the sun, the smell of fresh grass...All very simple but breathes happiness into all who take the chance to see it.  Sometimes though another soul has to guide a lost one back from the farthest edges...

She heard the thud of hooves gaining on hers.  She smiled happily as they neared.  Seeing a passion within his features that was undeniable.  The simplest of actions with the greatest of rewards.  She followed him easily over the land.  She questioned not their destination.  She was along for the ride.  Her pools closed as she felt the thundering of her soul beat with that of their hooves.  In sync they matched stride for stride.  The harshness of the volcanic rock and the clip clop silenced.  Her pools opened once more to see the terrain had transformed around them.  Gone was the normal day to day sights of Tephra.  Slowing pace she noted him lead off a bit but she continued straight into the waves.  The warmth here was pleasant as most of Beqanna fell victim to the chill of winter...

She halted knee deep within the waters.  The waves broke across her muffling most sounds.  Nape outstretched she welcomed the sea breeze upon it.  Tassels tossed about.  She gazed back upon the stallion rolling like a child in the sands.  She giggled at his playfulness.  Pillar uplifted and pawed at the liquid splashing it about.  Soaking her neutral hued coat and making it shimmer in the sunlight.  The sunlight wasn't usually her liking but every now and again the warmth was soothing.  

Gaze fell back upon him now standing and shaking like a canine. Grin played on her features as pillars moved her nearer to him.  His warm hued hide shined even full of sand.  She hadn't noticed his features as striking as she had in that moment.  Never focusing on the exterior features more than the interior was just her way.  She found his gaze and held it.  His speech labored between breaths.  A questioning tone but one of curiosity she was sure.  Without much thought she answered.  She hadnt paused long cause she had asked herself the same question lately,

I find myself attracted to your kingdom M'Lord.  'Tis peaceful here and your presence is quite kind.  She smiled warmly.  She hadn't been made an offer to stay and she would not take it upon herself to do so. It was not her place.  She'd consider the offer though. She enjoyed his company and felt she didn't have to hide herself... Her true self

DANCING NEON
    and i felt closer to the stars for having loved you
    word count: 735 -accrued points:  -HTML by Call
    .:.Dancing Neon.:.

It would have been easy to slip back into the thoughts of everything else waiting for him; it would have been easy to think of the responsibilities that he owed the people of Tephra and the things that he still needed to do—kingdoms to visit, members to talk to, borders to patrol. But, for now, he did not worry about them. For now, he was content to live within this moment with her, the enigmatic mare who had stumbled into the kingdom and helped him to uncover a piece of himself he had thought long lost.

At her response, he grins, boyish in charm, the ink of his forelock falling down the handsome slope of his golden head. “I am glad to hear that.” Tephra was not booming, but it was steadily growing. Day by day more and more were coming to it and calling it home, more filled the ranks and took up as residents within the land. It soothed him to know he was not utterly failing them, that they thrived in spite of him.

“Tephra would be lucky indeed were you to call her home.”

It would be impossible to miss the genuine hopefulness in his voice. He had no illusions that she would settle forever; she seemingly had no roots and no desire to put them down. Still, he could only hope that she would stay a while. If she could impart even a small piece of the same joy to the other residents of the land that she had for him, then she would be an invaluable member of their land.

“If there is anything that I can do to make your stay more pleasant, do not hesitate to let me know,” he offered, dipping his head before glancing back to the borders and then to her again. “Unfortunately, duty calls. If you have need of me, simply call and I will be there.” And with a wink and a smile, he is gone.

out of the blue out into the loneliest place that you'll ever know
    I carried the world just as far as I could but the damage had taken its toll

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]