• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

if this is to end in fire; any (one)
    The stallion has a distinctly different reaction from what he'd been expecting. Instead of angry, the stallion appears ... friendly? Except that's not right. There's something about the tone in the stallion's voice that makes him feel awkward (well, even more so than usual), but he can't quite put his hoof on what it is. He decides to brush it off for the moment, chalking it up to having spent so much time apart from other horses. His social skills really have gone down the drain. He should just be thankful that the stallion isn't ready to bust his head in.

"Uh good." He thinks? So far the only good thing about this encounter is the it's distracted him from his thoughts of Arrya. But the stallion's question makes sure that she pops right back into the forefront, and his body slumps. He can never keep her off his mind for long anyway. "Oh ... just someone I used to know. That I haven't seen in a while." In fact, it's been years. And even longer since he last saw Gendry. He wonders briefly how they're doing in the Amazons. Are they happy? Have they ... had children?

He's so momentarily lost in thought that he doesn't even notice the look on the silver stallion's face, the way those golden* eyes travel over Rhory's scarred body. Though, truth be told, even if he had noticed he might not have realized what it meant. He doesn't pick up on a lot these days. Granted, he'd never been very good at the world of romance and lust to begin with.

The stallion clears his throat, bringing him crashing back down to meadow and the present moment. Arrya is far away from him now, as she should be. His presence would only make her and Gendry's lives miserable. And would just make him hate himself all the more. "Oh ..." He falters for a moment, struggling with the cold, harsh reality. "Nice to meet you. I'm ... I'm Rhory." He realizes suddenly that it's been years since he's even spoken his own name. How tragically pathetic.

(*did I imagine that Drow's eyes are gold?)
    ((Aaaaand the award for making people wait the longest time ever for a reply goes to ... Myself. D: I'm sorry. Sad ))

Messages In This Thread
    if this is to end in fire; any (one) - by Drow - 05-18-2015, 12:08 AM
    RE: if this is to end in fire; any (one) - by Rhory - 08-05-2015, 02:44 PM