• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

How do you capture sand; djinni
    Stillwater

He was growing bored, despite his patience, despite his curiosity. He'd much rather be in his own little pool of cool water than hers. Down in his cavern, with its interlacing passages and the doorway that fell beneath the sea when the tide came in. It was the perfect place to keep a pet, a pretty gray perhaps. When the water came in, sealed them off from the rest of the world, she could slip to the higher ground and stay dry. If dry is what she wished.

Ah, but that little trick of hers. She could never be captured, truly. Always free, always out of reach. She would just blink and be gone. Assuming he could ever entice her to view his home. Which seemed impossible. He could wonder for hours on just how long it would take in his cave before she vanished in a flash. But she would have nothing to do with him. It was the truth, and he almost settled to accepting it when he could hear her. Sense her approach. Smell  her. Shadowed eyes watched her hungrily as she stepped up calmly, dipping her head to lap at the water. Watched her tongue slip into it.

"Stillwater," she greeted blandly, straightening. A small smile curved his lips carefully. "What brings you out of your cave today?" His grin widened, genuinely intrigued that she already knew of his home. It wasn't all that surprising, really. The place was heavy with his scent, mixed with the brine of the sea. But just thinking of her near enough to smell it was pleasing. So close to home.

Djinni. It is good to see you, and it was. So good. Why did she have to be impossible to catch? He'd never be able to feel her softness, her warmth. She'd never find him at all attractive despite his appeal. Such a shame.
    I wanted to apologize, he said without preamble, smile fading just a little. I offended you, and I'd like to make it up to you. Is there anything I can do to earn your forgiveness? He dealt a vulnerable hand, risked so much. Sometimes sacrifices were necessary. She might be worth it. Time would tell.

come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    How do you capture sand; djinni - by Stillwater - 12-09-2016, 06:05 PM
    RE: How do you capture sand; djinni - by Djinni - 12-09-2016, 07:21 PM
    RE: How do you capture sand; djinni - by Stillwater - 12-11-2016, 01:56 PM
    RE: How do you capture sand; djinni - by Djinni - 12-12-2016, 07:59 PM
    RE: How do you capture sand; djinni - by Djinni - 12-27-2016, 06:04 PM