• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll burn this whole city down (lagertha)
    All right.  It’s time she stopped farting around.

She had promised Scorch weeks ago that she would speak to Lagertha, and she still has yet to even approach the former bloodrider.  Part of it is admittedly laziness - she’s been enjoying the chance to re-explore her old home.  The other part?  She’s not entirely sure, to be honest.  She’s finding it surprising to have this sudden reluctance, and she can’t quite understand it.

But she can’t keep hanging back.

And so she marches herself to the centre of the kingdom in the middle of the day, plants her hooves in the damp soil, and lets out a call for the Amazon general.  She probably hadn’t made the greatest impression on the mare at their last meeting (during the secret meeting), so this has the potential for being an interesting experience.  But really, the general would be a fool to turn her away.  She’s ready and willing to join the army, if inexperienced, and her ability could give her great battle potential in a fight.  She only needs to learn how to wield it in a battle setting.

So hopefully the general will look beyond their one encounter, and take her on.  Hopefully even teach her.  Only time will tell.
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com

Weeell this is a terrible post.  But it's a start!
    this will never end, ‘cause i want more, more, give me more
    She’s never expected her sisters to avoid her - even if it isn’t avoidance, exactly. Sure, the General may be blunt and brash and could be rude, and definitely wasn’t handing out warm fuzzies. But she wasn’t mean to be mean (yet), and she is still a Sister. Things have been awfully quiet on the activity front lately, so the General is surprised to hear a call for her. Normally she does the summoning - but as she can’t immediately place the caller and it isn’t in her head - she’s intrigued.

Luckily she isn’t too far away, and makes it to Lyris fairly quickly. Lagertha sports a new onyx crown of thorns around her back left thigh, courtesy of some mind fuck of mission. She recognizes the mare from the meeting as one who spoke out against both she and Scorch. Well, at least it was an even tongue-lashing, unlike Malka (who has yet to be seen or heard from - some Lady) and Scorch’s boy toy, whose done naught for the Jungle but fuck it’s current leader. Anyone can do that. They were not special.

Lagertha isn’t smiling, but she isn’t sneering either, which is kind of her de rigeur for her. She approaches Lyris head-on, and when she is within speaking distance, says simply, “You rang?”

lagertha
    carnage x grim reaper; amazonian general

[sorry you had to wait so long! :/ ]
    It doesn’t take long for the gray general to appear. Lyris smirks as the battle-worn mare approaches, surprisingly lacking her characteristic sneer. Luckily the mare appears to bear her no ill-will from the secret meeting … perhaps because her criticisms had been handed out equally. No favouritism here, not even for the crown!

Anyway, Lyris does not hold any particular grudge for the mare for her misbehaviours on that day. She doesn’t trust Lagertha entirely though, but she doesn’t need to trust her for what she wants. You don’t need to be trustworthy to be good at fighting, or to teach others how to fight. And no matter her behaviour at the meeting, you don’t get to the general position without knowing how to fight.

The general stops a few feet away, and gets right down to business. So Lyris follows suit. “I want to learn to fight.” There’s no point beating around the bush. Lagertha wouldn’t appreciate it anyway. “You seemed like the right one to call on.” She knows enough about her ability to cause some damage that way, but she knows nothing about the physical side of fighting. Hopefully Lagertha will help her to change that.
    Lyris
    The General chuckles; she may not be bedecked in scars, but she doesn’t hold the title for empty reasons. Several have asked her to teach them, and while the answer is that they can only learn by doing, she has tried her best to provide an environment where they can learn. Even if it is only by fighting and running exercises with Lagertha herself.

“Yes, I suppose I am the one for that. How much experience do you have? Any traits?” She waits for Lyris to divulge her secrets, because Lagertha really doesn’t know that much about her. When she is finished (if she says anything at all), Lagertha proposes the only idea she can think of. Their army is woefully small. Time to rebuild again. “If you are comfortable with it, let’s do a mock fight. Easy, simple. I need the practice and would like to know where you stand.”

[i’ll get a post up in mocks for you! i know lyris already has one going… so let me know if you want to wait, or jump on into it Smile ]
    The general is quick to respond, and quick to accept. Lyris grins at her. No beating around the bush with her - she likes it. “Well to be honest, not a lot of battle experience. I nearly set my father on fire once, but that hardly counts. And I’ve learned a lot of control since then.” Of course, that won’t make a lot of sense to the general. She might as well elaborate, and answer Lagertha’s question. “I can control the weather.” She decides to give a visual demonstration, pulling out what has become her favourite trick as of late. She concentrates, and dark clouds form overhead, flickering with threatening flashes of light. Not the best she can do, but it will suffice to explain her gift. “I was also gifted by the faeries once, but it’s entirely useless in this context.” Well, maybe not entirely useless. If she ever gets involved in a battle to the death she supposes it will come in handy. But she doesn’t plan on doing that any time soon.

The general then suggests a mock fight, and Lyris leaps at the offer. What better way to learn from the Jungle’s best, than to fight her? “Sounds like a plan! I could definitely do with the practice.” Then she turns to follow Lagertha to the fighting grounds.
    Lyris

Sounds good! I might as well jump right in, but my replies might be a little delayed. Tongue