• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Great things come in small packages | Lior, any
    She had returned to him, just as she had many times over the winter and even spring. She enjoyed her time with him and the warmth he gave her. The tiny girl had loved her hollowed out tree in the Forest, but ever since the giant black stallion had found her and stole her away to his cavernous home, she could hardly bare to go back to her own little place. He had been kind to her, providing company and warmth in his place, and she loved the way she fit so perfectly against his side, tucked into the crook of his foreleg and shoulder. In the coldest of nights, he had even surrounded her with one great, ravenesque wing. One would never even have known she was there when he did that. Each night, she would go to him. And each day, she typically left him to explore. It seemed to work for them. By day, he could maintain the facade of lonely grump, and by night he was her friend and savior from the cold.

And then the day came that she'd gone to him once more, probably to tell him of her latest venture, but when she arrived at the familiar cave mouth, the world had seemed to shatter and crumble. Right in front of her eyes. Squealing in terror, the young Falabella ran out from under the rock slide, faster than she'd ever ran before. Back into the trees she went, until she felt safe enough to turn and view the damage. His home was gone. Crushed. Destroyed. Her heart sank into her gut as the dust settled and she re-emerged from the cover to survey the area. What the hell.. Smidge called for him, called again and again. But he didn't answer. At first she had feared- borderline panicked- that he had been in the cave when it'd happened, but as she climbed through the rocks that buried their safe place, his scent didn't ring strongly enough to make her believe he was under there. Besides, Lior was strong, powerful and clever. No way would he have allowed himself to be buried alive. Those kinds of things didn't happen to heroes. Right? Not to him.

So she had gone to search for him, knowing how much he had loved his cave and wondering how he was handling the loss. Probably better than she, though certainly he would be stoic as ever. Smidgen had caught his scent in the meadow and then again in the Field. In the thrall of horses there, she had lost it's direction and had gone to inquiring about him. "Have you seen Lior? He's a huuuuge guy, big and black and has these glorious black wings. His hair is long and wavy and even has hair on his feet!" Had anyone seen him? Her black knight in shining armor. The man that towered over many others, in stature and in mass. In intensity. That booming voice that rumbles and vibrates through her chest. She misses him, clearly. And before long, finally caught her lead. All the way across the land, tiny girl. On the farthest Western coast. That is where he's gone.

Long journey it'd been, especially for the girl with the tiniest legs in Beqanna, even at almost her full height. Her cloudy coat has finally shed completely (though still fuzzy, always fuzzy), revealing all the colors and patterns beneath that cover her stocky body, perfectly chunky in its proportions. Her silvery white mane hangs over both sides of her neck and her matching tail drags over the ground behind her. Knowing she passes through many territories, she tries to stay hidden and not catch attention of anyone potentially not nice. Especially the land of the grey. That place gave her the heebie-jeebies.

Finally, she has arrived, and is pleasantly surprised by the lay of the land. Of course, he would come here! It's perfectly lovely, forest thinning out to the bluffs below. Lush grass covers the upper lands and then dark sandy beach stretches out as far as she can see beneath the cliffs and rocks. And there are caves, she realizes with a soft smile. Not knowing any better, she wanders right in. If her Lior lives here, surely she would be welcome. Perhaps it isn't best to assume, but our girl is as innocent as she is tiny. Standing near the cliffs, but not too close, she calls out for him again. As her little voice, feminine and musical, rings out she finally thinks to be a little nervous. She hopes she isn't wrong in coming here. She thinks she can barely scent him on the wind, but it is all new to her. Salty and refreshing. So perhaps it is only in her imagination that she smells him here. She is, afterall, no bloodhound.

When he comes to her, her baby face (though she has passed the baby phase, it appears to be stuck this way) lights up with joy and excitement. She rears up with her glee and squeals before she takes off toward him and circles him before coming to stand between his forelegs. His hooves are large enough to crush her, but she isn't afraid. The man has always been gentle toward her. "Lior, Liooor, I found you!!" She laughs, excited, and nuzzles her face to one of his knees. Slowly she comes out from under him and faces him with a soft look of concern in her bright eyes of leaked blue. "Lior.. the cave.. it's gone.." Pausing to search his face, she inhales deep and then looks around. "Is this where you live now? It's beautiful here." Soft sigh follows, a blissful sound. Shes so glad to have found him after all this time.

I look inside myself
    The child, though perhaps she is no longer a child, calls to him. Her voice is high, desperate, and familiar. Lior pivots away without any hesitation to seek out the tiny girl. Heavy hooves move him easily over the ground, the leather of his wings against his spine. "Smidge?" The dark male soon happens upon the littlest fairy.

Silver pools are warm and a smile is already covering the usual somber features. The stallion easily drops to a knee so he may be closer to her, his skull nearly the size of her body. Warmth breath rushes over her as Lior nuzzles the cloud girl. "I am happy to see you, fairy one." He smiles so gently. "Yes, this is my new home...I am so sorry about the cave." His voice drops off as he gives her a wounded look, a sigh following.

He is happy to see Smidge, perhaps the only time he has openly expressed the emotion, and is glad she has found him. The tiny horse was sacred to him and it eased his heart considerably to finally have her with him again.
    And see my heart is black

@[AbbyNormal]

sorry i took so long. forgive lior and i Sad