• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Suggestion/idea
    I thought I'd be so bold to make a suggestion on earning traits... I've noticed there isn't much for quests and such to earn traits and if your horse is not Beqanna lined you don't carry genetics for traits... Can there be a way to buy traits with points?  I think it would create activity since that's how you earn points and create more diverse traits...

Just some thoughtsSmile
    ~Actives~
    Deiti~Zain
    Escence/Eviction~Kreed
    -Semi Active-
    Kreation-AuroraElis-Demi
    @Neon there are some non traited horses that have genetic traits. Be on the look out for quests and you can add points or traits If you win them.

However, this does bring up a good point. Alot of activity is slacking and people are gaining points that they can no longer use once they get their lands or traits. Call, Elle, and I talked and and think we have come up with a plan that we think is both reasonable and solves the problem of having points that we can do nothing with.

We have thought of using points as a bartering system for different traits and options within the game.

Up to 4 total classes of genetic classes (as the rules already state), here is what we have thought of.

40 points for a class 1 trait
    60 points for a class 2 trait
    80 points for a class 3 trait
    100 points for a class 4 trait (as pre-approved by an owner for plot purposes)

40 points for a natural color change
    60 points for rainbow colors/markings

40 points for an extra breeding slot (has to be re earned for every breeding cycle)

Obviously this is something that we were just talking about, but if we knew we had something we could use the points for, that people would possibly be more inclined to be active.

If this version is supposed to illustrate the traitlessness, it's not doing a very good job if only the traited can use the points system. Smile
    Love the idea!  *Crosses fingers*
    ~Actives~
    Deiti~Zain
    Escence/Eviction~Kreed
    -Semi Active-
    Kreation-AuroraElis-Demi
    @[Neo.n]

The points system was created as a way for previously traited horses to earn back traits as part of a Beqanna-wide plot meant to inspire creativity and activity. In addition to finding traited horses on play me please, if you have a specific plot in mind that involves a trait for a previously untraited horse, feel free to run it by myself or one of the other owners. In addition, Beqanna players get a 'birthday' trait, either a 1-space trait for a horse who has other traits, or a 2-space trait. And, as always, keep an eye out for quests Smile

@[Spink]

Friendly reminder that only officers should answer questions to ensure that players have the complete and correct information. Adding to suggestions is fine, but answering the question is not.

@ both

Being able to 'earn' traits is a system we're looking into, but nothing's set in stone. There was no such system in previous iterations of Beqanna, so there's no actual need for it now. We encourage players to write and post for the joy of it, not because they're viewing posts as a means to an end. The points system was introduced as a fair way for traited horses to earn their traits back.
    That said, things do evolve, and some method of 'earning' traits may be implemented in the future. However, I would like to state right now that the point thresholds will likely be higher than you posited, and would not include the possibility of earning 4-space traits.
    Sweet! Thanks.  I would be interested in getting traits for Neo.n and Orion's Belt just so I have a bit more to play on.  I always envisioned Neo.n as a Sky Walker... Thus the Northern Lights theme... Able to teleport/levitate without wings during the night.  It's not a fancy trait that will gain her anything in battle but she is more of a peaceful horse anyhow.  Resolving conflicts with a give and take balance. It also suits her nomad life and curious mind to travel faster and farther in search of adventure... Maybe even a peace plot to be able to ensure peace throughout the lands... If anyway to earn a trait such as that is presented I'd be very interested. Smile
    ~Actives~
    Deiti~Zain
    Escence/Eviction~Kreed
    -Semi Active-
    Kreation-AuroraElis-Demi