• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private] And when she laughs; Romek
    The gold dipped ivory woman stands against the cool breeze of autumn. Her blue eyes scan as though she searches for something yet what she seeks can not be seen to the naked eye. Romek had returned to Taiga and instead of a loving embrace or tender caresses,  he had simply stood near with a odd smirk and detached gaze. Under the look of those dark eyes, Maribel felt her heart break. 

What had happened? If he had not returned for her then why return at all? She remembers now the feelings that had plagued her as a child in the playground before her father had found her. 

Alone. 
    Isolated. 
    Abandoned. 

What has she done this time to deserve this?
    Of all of Romek's great abilities and qualities, social niceties are not one. It's not like he didn't wish he understood what was required of him, or how to make conversations easier, or even how to connect with others on a personal level - he had had the kind of childhood that would make most cold-hearted people be all 'Yeah that's probably not a good one.'

He didn't know where he stood with Maribel, or with any of them. He had disappeared with barely more than a goodbye, had abandoned his family, and his home, and his friends. For all he knew, he could've been abandoning them all to their ruin (even if he knew they would be okay with Reagan at their helm). He had acted selfishly, and certainly wasn't expecting a warm welcome.

The white and gold mare was standing alone.
    The spotted man, for once already in his horse form, approached her quietly, trying not to intrude on the peace of her solitude. He stood for what felt like too long before he spoke, and it was like learning to talk all over again.

"Well. Maribel. You look well."
    She can sense him before she smells him. He is like electricity in the air before lightning strikes. She can feel her skin tingling under his gaze.

Blue, blue eyes rotate to meet the stallion's own as the hurt lingers just below the surface like a starving barracuda. Her gentle features are a reflection of the pain, creased and accusing. Ears easily catch his words in their flat manner but Maribel chooses to not say anything back just yet. Her attention returns to Taiga and she sighs deeply. "Romek..." The voice is soft and fleeting as it is easily lose on the cool autumn breeze. Lids fall over the glassy eyes as though she labors to speak. "I've missed you."

There.
    She said it.

Mari does not look back to him in fear he does not reciprocate the words and the porcelain woman needed to be strong or at least mimic it.

Do with it what you will.
    She looks accusingly at him, and the hurt in her eyes takes the spotted stallion aback. His eyes widen. He had expected anger, disappointment, indifference even - but not this. This was an entirely new experience for him, and definitely not his favourite. He remembers all the times he had seen her smiling, and happy, and cheerful (which was more often than not - she has always been a source of light for him, being able to see the way by her bright constellations - he had not appreciated this). But never like this, and never at his own hands.

The space between them is achingly bare and she looks away across the Taiga, ignoring his words (which, honestly, were pretty stupid anyway and worthy of being ignored). Finally, she speaks, and he feels... a strange mix of emotions, but mostly negative, and mostly guilt.

He takes a step forward, and another one, until they are within touching distance. "I am so sorry." he says. "I am so, so sorry." he steps, again, and - if she allows it - buries his face in her neck. With his eyes shut (because it is always easier to admit things when you can't see the world you're afraid of, right?) he says; "I have missed you so much. I am so sorry. I did not mean to be gone for so long, truly, but with every day that passed it just... got harder to try to bring myself back. I didn't really know what to do. I figured you would have moved on by now, I didn't know if you would even want me back." it seemed stupid to him, now.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to bombard you with excuses." he pulls back a little. "I've let you and our children down. I know. Let me fix it."

"I am so sorry."
    Maribel could berate him. She could shout, cry, accuse. She was allowed to be angry but what woukd it solve? Breaking down the man she loved just to hear him grovel? To see how far she could make him bend? No. That is not love. You should never knowingly inflict hard on those you love just for your own satisfaction.

The ivory woman moves to swing her hips around, deep blue of her eyes glittering as she simply steps forward and embraces him against her skin. Mari presses herself against him hard and tight as she is the one to bury into the dark matted locks of her lover. All she needed in this crazy, mixed up world was him. The girls are now old enough to be on their own if they wished (though Mari has heard they are in Taiga) but in this moment it is just her and him.

"I love you, Rom." The words are muffled against his skin as she does not care to look up and break their contact. A heavy inhale breathes in his scent and all of the emotions flood and break like a weak dam before her tears are absorbed into his coat.