• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private] And when she laughs; Romek
    She looks accusingly at him, and the hurt in her eyes takes the spotted stallion aback. His eyes widen. He had expected anger, disappointment, indifference even - but not this. This was an entirely new experience for him, and definitely not his favourite. He remembers all the times he had seen her smiling, and happy, and cheerful (which was more often than not - she has always been a source of light for him, being able to see the way by her bright constellations - he had not appreciated this). But never like this, and never at his own hands.

The space between them is achingly bare and she looks away across the Taiga, ignoring his words (which, honestly, were pretty stupid anyway and worthy of being ignored). Finally, she speaks, and he feels... a strange mix of emotions, but mostly negative, and mostly guilt.

He takes a step forward, and another one, until they are within touching distance. "I am so sorry." he says. "I am so, so sorry." he steps, again, and - if she allows it - buries his face in her neck. With his eyes shut (because it is always easier to admit things when you can't see the world you're afraid of, right?) he says; "I have missed you so much. I am so sorry. I did not mean to be gone for so long, truly, but with every day that passed it just... got harder to try to bring myself back. I didn't really know what to do. I figured you would have moved on by now, I didn't know if you would even want me back." it seemed stupid to him, now.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to bombard you with excuses." he pulls back a little. "I've let you and our children down. I know. Let me fix it."

"I am so sorry."

Messages In This Thread
    [private] And when she laughs; Romek - by Maribel - 12-20-2016, 03:04 PM
    RE: [private] And when she laughs; Romek - by Romek - 12-20-2016, 06:38 PM