• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

break some bread for all my sins | lucrezia
    take my head & kick it in
    break some bread for all my sins

Dahmer doesn't answer Lucrezia's question about taking her statement back, opting to remain silent so that he can hear her laughter until it echoes into nonexistence. His ears prick forward and his steps are light despite the trek they've made so far, his motivation fueled by good spirits and good company.

Hopping nimbly over a stream of roiling lava, the black beast follows in the peafowl mare's wake, before hoping to escape her gaze when the conversation turns to his father. The story feels uncomfortable on Dahmer's tongue, as if he had dreamed the whole thing, and a tiny sliver of him worries momentarily that Lucrezia won't believe him. His blue eyes chance a look at the mare and are greeted by a look of compassion. Finding that he can't hold her gaze, the thoroughbred averts his eyes and turns the topic of conversation to the sulfur surrounding them.

She wasn't having it. Dahmer's ear twitches as she speaks again, this time softer than before, praising a stallion she never knew by just one glimpse at who he had been.  He glances at her from the corner of his eye, a genuine smile finding its way back onto his dark lips. "You're a good soul, Lucrezia."

They pause to admire the view, joking about the smell for a moment, and Dahmer takes the chance to nudge Lucrezia's neck gently in appreciation of her company. "We're almost there, I think." He pivots on the warm earth before tossing his head and sending his mane flying. "After you, my fearless leader."

+ tag lucrezia
    + notes
    BY MITZI

Messages In This Thread
    break some bread for all my sins | lucrezia - by Dahmer - 12-20-2016, 07:11 PM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | lucrezia - by Dahmer - 12-28-2016, 11:17 PM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | lucrezia - by Dahmer - 01-03-2017, 04:35 PM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | lucrezia - by Dahmer - 01-07-2017, 09:55 PM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | lucrezia - by Dahmer - 02-06-2017, 08:17 PM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | lucrezia - by Dahmer - 03-01-2017, 08:57 PM