• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

maybe we're a little different, there's no need to be ashamed; kade
    You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why let your voice be tamed?
    The rest of tiny little moonbeam’s first night passes in cuddles and snuggles and a big cozy ball of love, broken up only for meals and the occasional very small wander around our little corner of Sylva, tucked away by ourselves the way Rhory and I spent most of my pregnancy. She loves the light just as much as I do, and beseeches me with those big blue eyes of hers to coax it into dancing for her, her own happy little nightlight.

God, I love it. That’s what helped me sleep when I was little and alone, and the fact that she loves it so much too makes my heart feel so much bigger. Her big sisters were way more enamored with their father’s fire, for the most part, especially little Anni. Rora though, I can already see the way she lights up when those happy little ‘roras dance around her. She figured out how to say the whole word on the second try, but oh I’m never going to forget the feeling of that first time, the way it lit up my chest and I just knew, that right there, that’s my baby’s name.

My little Rora.

I don’t think Rhory got a wink of sleep from the moment I went into labor ‘til now. So when he finally does drift off, I brush a kiss against his cheek and let him rest. And when our tiny moonbeam, with her cute little crescent moon on her forehead that kind of matches the crescent scar around my left eye, wakes up and is somehow bursting with energy despite how very much adventure today already held before it even got started, well. I slept some during the night, curled up with my two loves, and the aching in my body is begging for me to move. So I press another quiet little kiss to his shoulder, and little bitty Rora does the same, and by the time she’s bounding around in the snow I’m up and ready to follow.

Snow. Sassy little squish would wait ‘til winter set in to show up, wouldn’t she? All the more reason for cuddles, to keep her tiny shiny new little self all safe and warm. Sneaky wee beast. I grin and follow her, making sure she knows to keep close, making sure she doesn’t push herself too hard, making sure she stops to fill her belly when she needs to.

And somehow I’m not even a little bit surprised when she stops abruptly, her little blue eyes going big and wide, as if they already weren’t. She cranes her head around to look at me over her cute, bony little shoulder, and says, “Momma, look, I made a friend!” I snort and grin and tug her close to my side, nuzzling her and rubbing my face against the softness of her shoulder.

“Not yet you didn’t, baby, but let’s go fix that, huh? That’s your uncle Kade, and I bet he’d love to meet you.” My lips quirk into an amused little grin as I walk on over to Kade, my little girl glued right to my side and peeking around my shoulder to peer up at him. I give him half a minute ‘til he melts. It’d be ten times longer than I lasted, but I’m feeling generous. It’s been a damn good day, after all.

“‘Scuse me, hello,” she says in her sweet little voice, smiling that goofy, adorable half-grin of hers that makes me glow just a little bit every time I see it. “Uncle Kade? My name’s Rora. You look nice and also very warm and soft, d’you wanna be my friend?” She turns to look at me for a second, those thick black lashes of hers fluttering as she blinks and tilts her head a little and asks, “Friends are for cuddling, right, Momma?”

I laugh and nod and nudge her toward Kade. “Yes, little moonbeam, friends are for cuddling.”
    You've got the light to fight the shadows, so stop hiding it away.

Messages In This Thread
    maybe we're a little different, there's no need to be ashamed; kade - by Arrya - 12-21-2016, 02:04 PM