• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've got some damn bad intentions - kingdom
    The residents came from all corners of the realm.  One by one they stepped before her, each with a different greeting.  She observed but nothing more.  Words spat passiontely from one mare in protest to change.  She then questioned everything she had thought previously.  Why had the other ruler left without a word to anyone.  A puzzled look spread across her features.  She wasn't a member of the kingdom so her opinions were mute.  As conversation was being had between the others her attention shifts to the mountain range.  She had envied how they touch the skies above, wishing she could do the same.  She could try, right?  Her gaze fell upon the stallion at the Queen's side and like a mirage her form vanished...  
    DANCING NEON
    and i felt closer to the stars for having loved you
    word count: 735 -accrued points:  -HTML by Call
    .:.Dancing Neon.:.
    I have died every day waiting for you.
    Darling, don't be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years.

The chattering of many voices very quickly catches his attention. Sylva is typically so quiet that the ruckus stands out starkly against the backdrop of quiet forest sounds.

Rhory wastes no time in investigating, and within moments, he comes upon the gathered horses. He’s pleased to see that Arrya has already beaten him there, and, smiling, he slips up to stand at her side, nibbling gently at her shoulder. His eyes travel from horse to horse as others arrive to join them. Unfortunately his smile does not last long.

Instead of Marlyn, a strange mare steps to the front of the crowd. The appaloosa neglects to introduce herself, but announces that she will be ruling in Marlyn’s absence. Rhory frowns. While she could very well be a family member of Marlyn’s - there is more than a passing resemblance between the two mares - it seems very odd to not even mention her own name. Not to mention, she clearly doesn’t know much about the little kingdom. They have no army leader or diplomat leader for her to meet with.

He’s briefly distracted when a handsome black stallion introduces himself as Akkadian-Shakkad, and mentions Arrya’s family. He eyes the stallion for a moment, curious. He’s never met the man, but he clearly knows Arrya, and knows of her family here in Sylva. He must be the Kade that Arrya has spoken so much of.

But his curiosity is curbed by Arrya’s fiery tongue, and he presses his lips together as she lashes out at the new queen. “Arrya love …” He lips at her shoulder gently, trying to calm her. While she has very valid questions (and he himself would like to know the answers), he thinks that trying to bite off the new queen’s head right out of the gate is perhaps not the best way to go …

But the mare does not seem particularly perturbed by Arrya’s anger, and introduces herself simply as Djinni, and her stallion companion as Stillwater. Then she dives right into the suggestions. Rhory remains silent, letting the other, younger members of the kingdom step forward to volunteer (though his eyes widen in surprise when Blazing Sunfall almost appears to teleport to Arrya's other side - has she gained an ability?) . He might have been suitable once, back in his younger days, but his former years of not taking proper care of himself have taken their toll. He would not make a suitable guard.

Rhory
    I'll love you for a thousand more.