• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

shes got some damn bad intentions - djinni
    Stillwater
    She was looking entirely too pleased with herself. And he knew he was fumbling, his mind racing to find a way out of this. He hadn't known her long, but he could tell: when Djinni wanted something, she got it. When she set her mind to something, she made it happen. She was powerful. Dangerous. Unpredictable. And he held a losing hand in her game.

"You'll stay here. You'll keep this place safe."
    Not likely. He wouldn't be staying.

"If you try to return, I'll just send you back."
    Well, that was annoying. Then again, he could also make it troublesome for her and that line of thinking was growing increasingly entertaining. He would make her life hell, that was for sure. A smirk crept its way to his face, but it unfortunately didn't last long. She was a wicked thing intent on ruining him and seemed to know exactly what he was thinking.

"Best make sure you stay, actually."

She stepped closer, once again becoming the slender and gray temptress he assumed was her true identity. Possibly. You never really knew with Djinni, he supposed. Tricky little enigma. The embers of interest warmed again in his eyes though he was powerless to do anything about it. Alarms were ringing in his mind, demanding he step back and away. To safety. Safe from her.

Instead he challenged that intuition and stepped forward, hungry eyes on the soft velvet of her muzzle. He was growing accustomed to the tinkling of her bangles, and so he didn't react until a foreign vise settled around his own ankle, heavy and solid. His ears pinned back and his eyes sharpened, looking deep into her eyes for answers he'd never receive.

"There," she said stepping back, "That will keep you here."

His eyelids slid over the growing wrath there and he sighed in a drawn-out, airy hiss of exasperation. Impossible damned woman. He knew what it was of course, the perfect solution to her problem. From one leash to another with these wretched females. A pet, a tool; a pawn to push around where they wanted him. Where had he gone wrong to make them think he was this person they could mold and manipulate to their whims? Some sort of consort without intimacy for Nayl, some sort of guardian for Djinni. At least the tables were turned in Celeana's case, but he was being out-played by Djinni. Nayl was more a tie, he supposed.

The muscle in his jaw twitched, but he said nothing, soaking it in and mulling it over. There had to be a crack in this he could slither his way out of. What made her think they were safe from him? But he wouldn't ask it. He would escape this, he just needed more time to examine it fully. With an inward groan he knew he'd have to submit. For now. He opened his eyes, intent on denying her the satisfaction of a better reaction.

How long are your terms for this agreement? As if he had a choice in the matter. As if he had a say in his own damned life anymore. Nevertheless, he had his dignity at the least. And what am I to call you? That large one with the flamboyant hair. It was clearly a disguise. Perhaps if he ruined her little game, he would be free of this.

come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    RE: shes got some damn bad intentions - djinni - by Stillwater - 01-03-2017, 06:58 PM