• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm so infinitesimal; Djinni, any
    I'm so infinitesimal...
    She’s so much happier than she’d ever been at home. 

She spends her days wandering about the more remote parts of Nerine, taking time to explore her new home, and test her new abilities. The land is everything Djinni had promised and more - full of animals and plants she’d only ever heard about in her father’s stories, and, perhaps more importantly, her sister is notably absent.

She still loves her family, still visits them on occasion, but she loves the space between them. Now, when she’s had enough of her mother’s enthusiastic affection and her sister’s constant insults she can simply leave, and head back to her new home. 

And as for the gift that Djinni had given her …

Shapeshifting had taken some getting used to, being that she hadn’t been born with the ability, but now that she’s had time to practice, slipping back and forth between her stoat form is as easy as breathing. And she loves it. There’s so much that she can do in her smaller form, so many places that she can visit that she’d never been able to visit before. She loves running through the dune grasses and over the cliffs, seeking out little nooks and crannies that she’d never be able to fit into as a horse. 

She wonders if Djinni had guessed, when she’d made the deal. That she’d never want to leave once she first stepped foot in this place. She has a suspicion that the mare had known, but in the end it doesn’t matter. She’s here, and she’s staying.

And on this particular morning she’s exploring Nerine’s more northern beaches. So far she’s seen a whale far off the coast (a whale, an actual whale! she can’t wait to tell her father!), and discovered a small colony of long eared bats (Plecotus auritus, she remembers her lessons well) in one of the caves. She’s just entering another cave when she hears the sound of hooves sliding in the sand outside. She turns to look back at the cave mouth. “Hello? Is someone there?”
    djinni

She likes to wade through the shallow tide pools this time of day. They are warmed by the spring sunshine, a temperate pleasure against the chill of the last winter winds. The legs she stands on are as grey as the sand beneath them, a solid shade that ends only where her flamboyantly pink mane and tail begin. A pair of feathered wings are tucked tightly to her sides, a matching pink protection from the breeze.

The sound of hooves nearby causes her to pause, and she watches as a chestnut mare emerges from a cave. The stone had caused the sound to echo and the other horse is farther than Djinni had originally thought, so it takes her a moment to catch up. The grey mare hears Lumi's familiar voice as she blinks into the darkness of the cave, and she smiles though she's not yet pinpointed the exact location of the younger female.

When she does, her smile brightens.

“Lumi!”She says as the little bit of sun there is shines against her bangles and rings, throwing bright spots of light to dance along the roof of the cave. “Found anything interesting in the saves yet?”

current appearance:
    solid gray
    neon pink mane and tail
    neon pink feathered wings
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster
    I'm so infinitesimal...
    A dark shape appears at the mouth of the cave, and Lumi’s eyes squint against the sudden shimmer of light dancing off the cave wall. “Lumi!” She smiles broadly at the sound - the voice is a rather familiar one these days. “Djinni!”

She steps forward into the light streaming through the cave mouth, wincing as her eyes take a moment to adjust to the change. “Not much in this one yet, but there was a colony of long eared bats two caves down the beach!” She doubts Djinni is as interested in the wildlife as she, but she can’t help but try to share her enthusiasm. “I noticed a little tunnel in the back of this one though … I’ll be able to fit into it as a stoat. Maybe I’ll find something interesting in there!” She’s heard of deep cave creatures from her father - animals whose eyes have long wasted away due to lack of light. She’d love to run into some of those.

She suddenly notices Djinni’s vibrant appearance, and her eyes narrow in amusement. “That’s quite the look!” She’d thought the iridescent black the faerie had dyed her mane and tail had been unusual … but clearly she has nothing on Djinni.

“What’ve you been up to lately?” She smiles again at the colourful mare. She hasn’t seen Djinni around in Nerine much lately. Perhaps something outside of the kingdom has been keeping her busy?

Sorry for the wait!!