• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Any
    Stillwater

It didn't hurt. Yet he was more aware of it shackled to his right foreleg and weighing him down than the bright red, angry claw marks claiming his shoulder. Ironically, like cuffs and a badge.

It clinked softly when he walked, this chain at his ankle. Like a collar, a leash, it kept him in her backyard like a good dog. He couldn't leave until she released him. Until he fulfilled his end of their "agreement". At least the witch had the decency not to make it thick, ugly chain-link, an obnoxious sight that demanded a viewer's eye, and instead it almost looked ornamental. Almost as though he'd chosen it for himself.

Like hell, he would.

He swallowed the sour taste of bile in the back of his throat, standing at one of the borders --he wasn't sure which one and didn't care. The anklet had grown heavier and heavier the closer he got to escape. He'd had to stop his progress, though, at risk of not being able to lift his leg at all. A soft breeze tousled his dry hair. So dry. Dark eyes stared out blandly while his heart burned in steady, silent rage. He was a wild thing, a solitary creature. Now captured and owned.

Put to work in a shiny little harness.

And the locals. God, they hated him. He didn't think there was a single one in acceptance of his puzzling presence here, save for perhaps any that may have just barely arrived. Unaware of his own newness here, they would be the most forgiving of him.

But who knew. Maybe there was someone out there not entirely despising him as much as he was himself.

come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it
    At the gathering of the kingdom he had appeared beside the Queen.  At first, a thought of caution crossed her cranium but now she had a feeling she had misread him.  Times were changing here that she was sure.  She wondered why the precessor of the kingdom had vanished without so much as a good bye to the others. Strange.  The new leader seemed genuine but only time would tell...

Deep pools studied the stallion seemingly sulking about.  He was not happy and it bled from every pore.  Why? She wondered. What could he have possibly done to look so... Lifeless.  Being who she was she couldn't leave this be.  Surely there was happiness within him somewheres.  Maybe not butterflies and rainbows but at least content.  Satillites twisted about her crown as she took a bold step forward.  She was cautious but not scared.  Watching his movements they lagged the farther he neared the border and she wondered what witchcraft he fell victim to.

Typically she found sanctuary in the shadows during the daylight hours but not today.  Today she didn't mind the slight warmness of the sun on her back.  Exposed to be seen by any nearby she waited for him to acknowledge her presence.  Startling someone in thought was impolite so she grazed a short distance off.  Pawing away the flakes to get what little remained underneath.  The flakes took to the winds once again and whirled happily about.  Such a simple existence they held in this world but what an impact they had... 
    DANCING NEON
    and i felt closer to the stars for having loved you
    word count: 735 -accrued points:  -HTML by Call
    .:.Dancing Neon.:.
    Stillwater

He may have been brooding a bit. But he still caught that sweet fragrance on a drifting breeze, closed his eyes and inhaled it deeply. So sweet and delicate. He put aside his steadily churning emotions, and glanced over his shoulder to find her grazing nearby. The silver dancer from the meeting. She'd certainly caught his eye then, just as she claimed it now.

He slid his hips casually to the side, so that he could see her without lifting the leg that had become so heavy. It was his own secret to keep, and he would.

Even in the darkness, she shimmered. What little light that found her through the thick canopy lit across her smooth skin in a captivating play of radiance. Any rays that found him, simply were swallowed in his rich darkness in comparison. She was a novelty. And she probably didn't even know it. He smiled warmly, dark blue eyes glittering with mild intrigue.

Would you care to join me? he asked softly, confident his voice would carry to the delicate curve of her ears. Even from here, he could see that her eyes were as enchanting as the rest of her. He wouldn't approach her, not only because it would require lifting the unnatural weight, but because he didn't want to force himself into her personal space if she didn't wish to speak with him.

Let her come to him, if she would. If she was comfortable with it.

I'm Stillwater. Though I suppose you know that from the meeting, he said with a roll of his shoulder in an apologetic shrug.

Her entertainment watching the frozen works of art flutter about was cut short when the winds brought her words... Gaze ventured back to the lone equine meeting his.  She was a comfortable distance off so the intensity was lessened.  She questioned his intentions but wasn't concerned much.  She could vanish if she wished. His question lingered for a moment as she thought of his offer.  Satillites flickered as if she expected the Queen to soon appear.  He seemed to be indebted to her service and she was sure he would be needed soon.  However her curiousity drove her forward.  Her motion was her answer...

She halted a respectful distance in front of him.  Dark pools gazed upon his features which were much more defined then when he was hidden behind his Queen.  His scent though filled her nares with that of the salted sea coast but it was fading.  Maybe he missed home.  He wasted no time into formalities though his Queen had announced his name for him at the meeting.  She engaged the conversation,

Yes M'Lord. But it's much more fetching coming from yourself and not Your Queen.  She returned the smile that hung upon his features.  She was glad to see some happiness even if it was fleeting

Do you like the new lands?

DANCING NEON
    Stillwater

Her eyes met his and for a moment he was lost in them. Only briefly. She held his gaze, but didn't respond to him immediately, then she was glancing around as though searching for someone. He was rewarded soon after, though, when she finally chose to approach, still a careful distance away from him.

"Yes M'Lord. But it's much more fetching coming from yourself and not Your Queen."

His smile faded a little at the mention of her: his Queen. He had two now, it seemed. But he recovered quickly, chuckled softly, dark eyes dancing and smile widening. Consider me thoroughly reprimanded, Miss, he said with a small dip of his head. He slid easily into her manner of speech; the Olde tongue. Yes, he knew it. Attached to the ways more than any would ever know. His words altered just enough to fit the accent, coming forth naturally. Not many would recognize or appreciate it anymore.

I don't entertain often, and not well t'all when I must. I am deplorable company, ye'll soon find. His voice flowed easily, smoothly. It was all truth, of course. He spent most of his days alone, in his own beautiful solitary world. Until he unwittingly made a deal with a devil. Sweet Djinni. Neon seemed to know he was not from the land, possibly catching a hint of his seaside cave stubbornly clinging to his painfully dry coat as she asked a new question.

"Do you like the new lands?"

His face was drawn into a touch of sadness, just a hint. He showed too much vulnerability in this moment, but he let it show regardless. He missed his cave, his sea. It was as though half of him was missing, terminally disconnected. No water pooled at his feet, nor slid down his legs.
    T'is not home, he admitted low, almost a rolling whisper.

What of you? Will you be staying long? Do you enjoy the dark woods of Sylva?

The pain in his orbs were apparent as he denied this place.  Home... What was home?  Was it a location we dwelled within?  No that wasn't it.  Home was where your heart lies to rest.  It was a feeling of comfort.  Contentment. Belonging.  Her thoughts rambled on as he spoke of home.  Surely the smell of seasalt barely clinging to his hide was the home which he spoke of.  Her home though.  It followed her.  Each night as darkness fell her home lit the darkness alive.  Some nights it danced in radiant colors.  Others the moonlight swallowed the tiny orbs caught in the web of darkness.  Her home was always with her wherever she may roam.  She smiled softly as cords whispered gently...

My home 'tis among the stars M'Lord.  I am but passing through this realm to seek peace within the Kingdom's.  I enjoy thy shadows but 'tam a child  of light.  I assure Sylva will remain a peaceful nation, yes?  Satellites flickered in anticipation of his next words.  Would peace remain here or were the tables turning?  Deep pools searched within his for a hint of an answer.  
    DANCING NEON
    Stillwater

Her home was among the stars. Yes, he could imagine that, and his face turned upward. He stared at the canopy, wondering what the sky looked like now on the other side. What it might be like to live in that ocean of stars, galaxies instead of independent ecosystems. A rare comet instead of an annoyingly playful porpoise; damn curious things. His mouth tilted in a faintly whimsical smile, before returning blue eyes to her.

She seeks peace? He frowned lightly. If it was peace she wanted to find, she should've stayed in her home in the skies. That was where peace was born, and where it remained. She must be younger than he thought, then. Naive. It was not peace she truly wanted, but adventure and danger. Or she would've stayed in the safety of her heavens in the night sky.

"I assure Sylva will remain a peaceful nation, yes?"

Life is but chaos and hope. And..love, he added more uncertainly. Love was a foreign idea to him. He supposed he understood the basic concept, but he'd never felt it himself. Regardless, it still always managed to play a part in things of the world.

As for Sylva, I am charged with its protection and preservation. And he left it at that. He was no prophet, could not see the future and didn't care to. He took things as they came, rolled with the punches when necessary. Like his anklet. Confining, perhaps. But beautiful in its way, no matter how hard he glared at it when he was alone. No matter how hot his heart burned. It served its purpose impeccably. And so would he until he was released from his prison. He settled into a companionable silence, lost in his thoughts in the company of an angel.

A kingdom for a prison. It could have been worse. Men had killed for such gifts, no doubt.

His words stale as the winter foilage buried beneath a layer of ice.  She expected no less from the protector of Sylva. She smiled in hope.  Hope that the lands would remain peaceful for the sake of the families within.  Peace could be found in all things, even in death.  The gentle slipping out of consciousness... The leaving of mortal burdens behind as you step into the light.  Yes, even in death there was peace.  

Her thoughts turn back to his home.  The fading scent of seasalt.  Yes she knew it well.  Tephra boarded the oceans coast.  Waves licked the curves into the shoreline as gulls cried from above.  Apparent he missed his home near the oceans spray she found herself wanting to bring what little peace she could for him.  An idea... A gift

A gift M'Lord... Her voice soothing as her image miraged and vaporized... A mere second and her image reappeared before him.  The breeze upon her arrival sent ocean spray finding his coat once more.  Coating it slightly as it coated hers.  White sand clung to her hooves.  A delicate white shell held between her jaws.  The spiral curled as gracefully as the surf, light flesh colored insides held a song of the sea...

She laid it at his feet.  For you M'Lord.  May you find peace within its song.  A tip of her crown and without another word her sea soaked image vanished... 
    DANCING NEON