• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Any
    Stillwater

Her eyes met his and for a moment he was lost in them. Only briefly. She held his gaze, but didn't respond to him immediately, then she was glancing around as though searching for someone. He was rewarded soon after, though, when she finally chose to approach, still a careful distance away from him.

"Yes M'Lord. But it's much more fetching coming from yourself and not Your Queen."

His smile faded a little at the mention of her: his Queen. He had two now, it seemed. But he recovered quickly, chuckled softly, dark eyes dancing and smile widening. Consider me thoroughly reprimanded, Miss, he said with a small dip of his head. He slid easily into her manner of speech; the Olde tongue. Yes, he knew it. Attached to the ways more than any would ever know. His words altered just enough to fit the accent, coming forth naturally. Not many would recognize or appreciate it anymore.

I don't entertain often, and not well t'all when I must. I am deplorable company, ye'll soon find. His voice flowed easily, smoothly. It was all truth, of course. He spent most of his days alone, in his own beautiful solitary world. Until he unwittingly made a deal with a devil. Sweet Djinni. Neon seemed to know he was not from the land, possibly catching a hint of his seaside cave stubbornly clinging to his painfully dry coat as she asked a new question.

"Do you like the new lands?"

His face was drawn into a touch of sadness, just a hint. He showed too much vulnerability in this moment, but he let it show regardless. He missed his cave, his sea. It was as though half of him was missing, terminally disconnected. No water pooled at his feet, nor slid down his legs.
    T'is not home, he admitted low, almost a rolling whisper.

What of you? Will you be staying long? Do you enjoy the dark woods of Sylva?

come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    Any - by Stillwater - 01-03-2017, 11:38 PM
    RE: Any - by Neo.n - 01-05-2017, 09:10 AM
    RE: Any - by Stillwater - 01-05-2017, 08:44 PM
    RE: Any - by Neo.n - 01-07-2017, 07:28 PM
    RE: Any - by Stillwater - 01-08-2017, 12:11 AM
    RE: Any - by Neo.n - 01-09-2017, 01:59 PM
    RE: Any - by Stillwater - 01-10-2017, 04:26 PM
    RE: Any - by Neo.n - 01-12-2017, 10:14 AM