• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Any
    Stillwater

Her home was among the stars. Yes, he could imagine that, and his face turned upward. He stared at the canopy, wondering what the sky looked like now on the other side. What it might be like to live in that ocean of stars, galaxies instead of independent ecosystems. A rare comet instead of an annoyingly playful porpoise; damn curious things. His mouth tilted in a faintly whimsical smile, before returning blue eyes to her.

She seeks peace? He frowned lightly. If it was peace she wanted to find, she should've stayed in her home in the skies. That was where peace was born, and where it remained. She must be younger than he thought, then. Naive. It was not peace she truly wanted, but adventure and danger. Or she would've stayed in the safety of her heavens in the night sky.

"I assure Sylva will remain a peaceful nation, yes?"

Life is but chaos and hope. And..love, he added more uncertainly. Love was a foreign idea to him. He supposed he understood the basic concept, but he'd never felt it himself. Regardless, it still always managed to play a part in things of the world.

As for Sylva, I am charged with its protection and preservation. And he left it at that. He was no prophet, could not see the future and didn't care to. He took things as they came, rolled with the punches when necessary. Like his anklet. Confining, perhaps. But beautiful in its way, no matter how hard he glared at it when he was alone. No matter how hot his heart burned. It served its purpose impeccably. And so would he until he was released from his prison. He settled into a companionable silence, lost in his thoughts in the company of an angel.

A kingdom for a prison. It could have been worse. Men had killed for such gifts, no doubt.

come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    Any - by Stillwater - 01-03-2017, 11:38 PM
    RE: Any - by Neo.n - 01-05-2017, 09:10 AM
    RE: Any - by Stillwater - 01-05-2017, 08:44 PM
    RE: Any - by Neo.n - 01-07-2017, 07:28 PM
    RE: Any - by Stillwater - 01-08-2017, 12:11 AM
    RE: Any - by Neo.n - 01-09-2017, 01:59 PM
    RE: Any - by Stillwater - 01-10-2017, 04:26 PM
    RE: Any - by Neo.n - 01-12-2017, 10:14 AM