• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sticks and stones, Love [Stillwater]
    Time stood frozen in that moment.  Or was it she frozen in Time.  Her eyes gently closed, her lips pulled apart in an anticipated grin.  She could hear his words but they were distant like a dream.  His scent an intoxicating mist surrounding her, poisoning her.  She could sense him around her in all the ways she had wished but satisfaction never came.  This one had a way about him...

Her insides screamed for her to run, run far away.  Like a moth drawn to a flame though she couldn't resist.  A tempting offer was made and she contemplated her part in it.  Travel to lands, make allies, bring in members... For him?  Suddenly Time released it choke hold on her.  Deep orbs shot open and met his searching within them for something.  Not an answer but something more, something much more.  Her features don't softened easily but in that instant the harshness melted away.  Gone was her need to find a motive.  He sounded sincere in his requests.  Why her? Surely there were others more qualified than she... His demeanor had change as did his stature.  More firm, more demanding, more regal.  He spoke of his duties to this land.  Who was he, really?...

Her stature straightened a bit, her features a tad more puzzled.  She wasn't a servant or slave.  She had no duties to anyone.  She was not owned.  She was free.  Even freedom had its costs though.  Her thoughts fumbled together and what seemed like a while was mere seconds.  She had many questions and she was sure in time they would be answered, one way or another.  She required something in return though...

I will consider your offer but I must make something clear... I am not your servant.  I will only accept being your equal.  Her words were steele.  There was no bending, no negotiation to be had.  Take it or leave it.  

Thoughts flipped back through the pages of their encounter.  She was quick to judge a book by it's iron cover.  The softness he expressed in fleeting moments suggested there was more to this book.  There were walls built from damage done by others.  Others close to him too.   Would he let her in... Could he let her in... Enough to actually help him.  She wasn't so sure.  Her features had softened again with these thoughts as she spoke in a sweeter tone,

If I were to help you, will you in turn help me?  She figured she'd let him question her intentions for a moment.  Grin sweeping across her features as her hips shifted.  The days were getting a bit warmer as the sun kissed the frozen lands stronger.  Time was creeping up on her quickly.  She hadn't even found a cave yet but her sides grew more and more pronounced.  That sneaky Time. 
    Karaugh
    illicit daughter of nymphetamine and killgore
    HTML by Call

OOC: Had to fit in some Time defects from quest Wink
    Take a bite
    If you dare

Messages In This Thread
    Sticks and stones, Love [Stillwater] - by Karaugh - 01-05-2017, 03:30 AM
    RE: Sticks and stones, Love [Stillwater] - by Karaugh - 01-11-2017, 01:19 AM