• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

take my head, kick it in || lucrezia, reagan, ruan, any
    take my head & kick it in
    break some bread for all my sins

Dahmer is thankful for Lucrezia's company on this journey to Taiga. He often finds that he spends too much time trying to recruit new horses into their midst that he ends up yearning for conversation about anything else. And, to be frankly honest, it could be exhausting being so... charmingly creepy. The peafowl mare had met Dahmer on a day that his gratitude to Magnus outweighed his usual devilish humor, though he'd had just enough in the tank to goad Lucrezia playfully during their meeting. He hadn't been in the mood to play the part of the handsome predator that day, and so she had yet to see anything potentially dark or stoic about him. It gave Dahmer an out for this trip. A reason to play nice.

They move through the redwood forest leisurely and side-by-side. Dahmer is silent to take in the gigantic, awe-inspiring trees. The pine needles are thick under his hooves and sink with each step, but his blue eyes are turned skyward to search the canopy. "I'd hate for one of these to fall," he muses to Lucrezia, though he would be surprised if a visitor walking into Tephra didn't think the same about their volcano erupting.

They find a small clearing and Dahmer slows his black frame to a halt. He calls loudly for the residents of Taiga, his whinny echoing through the massive redwoods. Turning his blue-eyed gaze to his peafowl companion as the sound fades, Dahmer offers her a grin and a bob of his head. "It was so nice of you to chaperone me, my dear." Here, a wink, before he turns to look at the edge of the clearing, where one of the members of this lovely abode had broken the treeline and was coming in their direction.

Dahmer pivots so that he is facing the approaching equine, his dark head bowed in greeting so that he may seem less... imposing. "Hello there," he tries a genuine smile, but it melts into a grin like usual, "we have come from Tephra to introduce ourselves, and to learn about your home. I am Dahmer."

+ taglucrezia, reagan, ruan, any
    + notes
    BY MITZI

Here it comes with no warning; capsize, i'm first in the water
    Lucrezia was more than eager when Dahmer had asked her to come along and visit the other lands. She hardly knew anything about the other lands, except for the names of the new lands, the rulers, and the direction these places were in. The first stop was to be Taiga, and she was pleased to also have Dahmer at her side. She had found him to be pleasant and rather charming. If anything she looked forward to their conversations as she also felt surprisingly content about being in his presence. And truly, she would know nothing about the dark or stoic characteristics of the black stallion. She had only seen good things about him. Then again, there were always secrets hidden beneath the mask.

As they move through the redwood forest, she is awestruck by their grand height. She does not mind the sinking into each step in the pool of pine needles. Lucrezia laughs at the comment Dahmer made about the giant redwood trees. “These trees won’t fall,” she says in amazement because they remind her of the Chamber she grew up in, “They have seen the worst of our land if anything and have conquered it.” Just like the Chamber had, she says silently to herself. It was not hard for her to believe that this was the very birth, the continuation of the Chamber itself.

Lucrezia comes to a halt as the small clearing is open before them. Dahmer takes the lead by announcing their arrival. When his call fades into the redwood forest, he turns to her. “Well, I couldn’t allow you to give us a bad reputation.” She says playfully and winks back at him.

She too turns her gaze back to the edge of the clearing, and watches as a resident (or so she hopes) comes towards them. Dahmer takes the lead again and she does not protest. She remains silent, only with a soft, warm smile on her thin lips. “And I’m Lucrezia,” she adds when Dahmer has introduced himself to the equine before them.
    ...too close to the bottom.
    html © samshine| character info: here | picture reference: here
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

we’re on each other’s team…
    Reagan remembered the days of the Chamber. She had spent time there—lived amongst its residents, done dealings with its leaders, and then she had betrayed it to the highest bidder. Foreign affairs. Politics. The feel good drag.

Reagan could get off on the thrill.

They were right—the redwoods of the Taiga forest could survive anything. They were planted at the conception of the land and had grown with it—changed. They alone had conquered the world, and even the fairies could not deny their existence. They would survive into the nothingness, even after the world burned. They provided protection, and food. She would tend to them and protect them in return.

On this cold day, Reagan walked with a serenity that she did not feel and came across two unfamiliar faces. They vaguely smelled of sulphur. Magnus. And so, they had come. Friendly faces from a land already known to them. She smiles, her distended tummy rolling with her as she walks, he eyes going from the dark male, to the woman with the interesting feathered characteristics. She always did like the unique.

“Hello Dahmer and Lucrezia. I suppose you are here as envoys of Magnus. How does he fair?”

take my head & kick it in
    break some bread for all my sins

Dahmer glances at Lucrezia from the corner of his eye as they move through the stunning trees. The look of amazement on her face is endearing, and the stallion's grin widens just a little bit.

It doesn't take the pair long to find the clearing, and not much longer for them to be greeted. There is still a small grin sitting on his lips, both a warm gesture to the resident of Taiga and the aftermath of his conversation with Lucrezia. The approaching mare looks at home between the massive redwoods, the way her gray hooves get lost in the mist. Her frame is small,  swallowed by the size of the surrounding forest.

She speaks of Magnus, and Dahmer gives a polite nod of his head before realizing that he had not seen Magnus lately, for Dahmer had been spent most of his time in the Field. Giving Lucrezia a small bump with his hip, the black stallion offers her a sheepish grin and a silent plea for her to respond to the inquiry. Perhaps she had been on the right track when she'd implied he might make them look bad.

He waits for Lucrezia to respond to the gray woman, whom he now realized had not given them her name, but carried herself like a Queen. His blue eyes watch her curiously, though he finds that he's slightly distracted by Lucrezia's presence.

The black beast finds his voice after a few moments, "it smells much nicer here than near the volcano at home," letting warm humor seep into the words.

(I'm so sorry for how terrible this is >_<)

+ taglucrezia, reagan
    + notes
    BY MITZI

Here it comes with no warning; capsize, i'm first in the water
    The grey mare’s greeting to them claims her as a resident of the land. Lucrezia lets an ear flicker forward at her words of welcoming. She, however, is surprised to hear the name of Magnus fall off her lips. Their land was no stranger to this grey resident of the redwoods terrain.

Dahmer gives her a push forward, indicating she would be the one to speak about Magnus. Lucrezia had recently spoken to Magnus. She had always found herself in such a presence, sharing and building a kinship together. Their opposites had attracted to one another, and their desire for something in this second chance of life aligned together perfectly. Magnus had become a good friend of hers.

“Magnus fairs very well.” A smile grows across her lips. However, she does not say anything more on the matter of Magnus right now. The grey mare had never given her name. If there is another thing she learned from her devil father, Rodrik, it was not to share such information without knowing the other truly. This time, as rare as it often is, she listens to his lesson she received as a young filly.

Her attention is quick to draw to Dahmer. She laughs softly at his side comment. Lucrezia knows that he would always be the one to make someone laugh or lighten up a dull or sad conversation. “Yes, it does smell nice here.” It only stirs memories of the Chamber—good and bad thoughts mixed into one.

“You did not give us your name,” Lucrezia addresses her nutmeg gaze back to the grey mare. A soft smile lingers on her lips still, pressing the mare for her name in a politer manner than demanding for it. Lucrezia has always been about eloquence in conversations and making sure all proper things were said before going further. After all, she was trained in the very highest manner of diplomat skills as a young girl by her father and held quite some years in a diplomat position in the Deserts.
    ...too close to the bottom.
    html © samshine| character info: here | picture reference: here

@[Reagan] @[Spink]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference