• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've got some damn bad intentions - stillwater
    Stillwater
    Finally, the water kissed him once again.
    Finally, he was refreshed.

Finally, he was home at long last. Even here.

Cradled in the chilled embrace of his dearest friend, water. Ever playful, ever misbehaved, water. It doesn't do exactly what you want it to, does it? Like him. One and the same, they were.
    Playful. Misbehaved.

Free.
    Untamed.
    Not free anymore.

He'd had his dip, a perfectly long soak well overdue, and deposited himself back on the damp bank with a satisfying slop. He supposed he didn't lie down often, but he did tonight. His hoof was extended into the water, submerging the chain in its blackness as he stared out at the moonlight playing across the surface. It didn't help, it wasn't deep enough and the damn thing only became more obvious glinting disembodied as his black coat vanished beneath. It almost seemed this was the only place the sky could touch the earth in this land. So fitting, though, that it was here at the water.

She came and his chest felt immediately heavier. Solid knots twisted his gut, though he lay there mesmerized by the light sitting on the still water. Like glass. A night sky right here on earth. He didn't turn to acknowledge her, didn't even flick an ear in her direction. Though bitter in his heart, he slipped into the lull of her presence as if they had never parted. How long had it been now, anyway? It didn't seem to matter.

She didn't greet him either; a swift question on her lips at the ready as she settled down beside him. And then another question. He heard what was not said. Who are you, what are you, why are you here, what do you want.  Things he had no intention on answering in full. Not now, perhaps not ever. If he answered them at all.

Instead, he sat quietly, all too aware of where her skin did and didn't touch him. He was untouchable, too, in his own way. Not like Nayl, not by choice or fear of falling apart -or whatever her deal was, damned complicated woman. Well, he supposed it was a choice for him too, but for very different reasons --call it a public service, really. A form of bored mercy, and all that. Even in this moment of calm his mouth watered, his teeth ached.

He broke the silence at last, his voice low. She would be the only one to hear what he said.

The darkness is calming. You could have chosen worse than bringing me here. It almost sounded like a thank you  even to his own ears. He left it at that for a time, reflecting on his mother and father. Neither of which he really wanted to speak about. He hadn't ever told anyone of his past, though he'd also never been asked. Even still, his life was his to tell if he wished and when he wished. And he didn't wish.

How are you Djinni? he said without inflection, bland. He didn't ask after Nayl, or if she'd seen her yet.
    He bit those questions off before they could surface.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've got some damn bad intentions - stillwater - by Stillwater - 01-10-2017, 06:14 PM