• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

stillwater;
    Stillwater
    God, he hated this. How his heart sped up when he stood so close to her. It was like she reflected his lure back at him, turned it against him. Made him want her. He needed to touch her, just once.

"I would call you a liar. You had a cave before, but now you have an entire forest." He jerked away from her with a snarl, just as he had the last time. Burned by her. Singed. If he could only lie and break vows, his life would be so much easier. Instead he was here with her, hating her, wanting her, hating that too. He wondered if this attraction for her was part of him, or part of her. Regardless, it pissed him off.

He didn't care to hide any of it from her tonight.

And cave? Forest? They didn't matter. He didn't give a damn. Cave was just him, blissful solitude. This forest had people he had to tend to, pretend he cared that they lived instead of sitting warm in his belly where they should be. He probably reeked of Karaugh, the little temptress rubbed against him like a purring kitten. He'd gotten his taste of her, craved more. He should be smug about that, that it might make Nayl jealous. Hope that it would. But instead he was seething. Hating her.

"Just know that you can't do better than me, Stillwater." She was cocky, arrogant, though she probably meant it as a joke. He wasn't sure. He knew he liked his name on her lips. He knew he was sick of her damn games. He wanted to stride back to her, demand she touch him, force her to -hold him, kiss him, something, anything- to break this tension.
    Free him. Let the beast out.
    Danger. Get her out of here.
    No, just take her.
    A Queen. Consequences. Nayl..

He was losing it. It was slipping away. Control this.

You have your alliance, now get out, he growled, spinning away from her before he did something stupid. He thought he'd make it a game, make her work for it. Hold it over head, make her beg. How he wanted her to beg, but not for that. Instead, he threw it at her. Gave her what she wanted so she could be on her way, back to her precious coast where he wasn't.

He hated this. She made him lose control. Not like Karaugh, who tempted his hunger, made him want to play. Nayl tore down every shred of who he was, laid him bare. She'd never accept him, and he shouldn't want her to. Didn't want her to.

I told you to leave me be, now do it! Once again blades tossed over his shoulder as he walked away. Fending her off. Keeping her away.
    Danger.
    Get her out.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    stillwater; - by Nayl - 01-10-2017, 09:48 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 01-11-2017, 05:52 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 01-13-2017, 10:22 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 01-14-2017, 07:42 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 01-14-2017, 08:37 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 01-14-2017, 09:30 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 01-14-2017, 10:09 PM