• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

stillwater;
    Stillwater
    This was not still water. This was turbulent and wild, roaring and demanding. Crashing and dragging under. They would both fall together, he would let them, he would guide them, with just a brief touch. Just a simple little touch. She could see it for herself.

And still, she was unaffected.

She smiled warmly and already he knew her choice. His shoulders sank, his eyes closed with a low sigh. He remained frozen in place, frozen in time, as her breath swept across him but he remained stoic in suppressed annoyance. "I want to," is all she said. He sensed her approach his face -his jaw, his ears- and he turned his head away in disappointment. "If only you were wholly mine."

He could've taken her. He could've reached out and done it himself. Something between them held him back. There was still the underlying hint of fear for her. Because she was a Queen, of course. Not fear for her, fear of the consequences.

I belong to no one, he snapped, though he was instantly more aware of the weight at his ankle. He didn't belong to Djinni either, only used and trapped by her. Wicked brat.

He was wild, solitary. He socialized when he wanted to, he kept his peace where and when he wished. It had always been that way until the genie found him, held him to a promise he didn't feel he even owed anymore. It didn't matter, though, not really. This place had its advantages, its prey and dark places. He would not be trapped here forever.

And he remained still as she pulled away. He wouldn't stop her. She was not worth the trouble it would bring down on him. She would never fall to him. And he'd never have to feel regret.

It was best that she leave, anyway.
    Best that she stay away from him.

He struggled to control it with her near. She was too tempting.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    stillwater; - by Nayl - 01-10-2017, 09:48 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 01-11-2017, 05:52 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 01-13-2017, 10:22 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 01-14-2017, 07:42 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 01-14-2017, 08:37 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 01-14-2017, 09:30 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 01-14-2017, 10:09 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 01-14-2017, 11:17 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 01-15-2017, 05:21 PM