• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it's our darkest blackout, it's our final end; contagion

I waited for something and something died
    so I waited for nothing and nothing arrived

His laughter is beautiful because it feels rare—because even as it leaves his mouth, it is almost as if he cannot believe that it is there, that he is the one making such noise. She cherishes it, holding it close to her breast, and she closes her eyes against it, and for the first time in what seems like a very long time, her lips curve, the motion undeterred and completely genuine. Her laughter follows, rich on her tongue, and she turns her face up to his, watching as he rises so slightly off the ground, as if he always belonged there.

“Yes,” she agrees readily, shaking her head. “I would like that very much.”

Her wings unfurl at her side, and she rises too, the ground dropping away. She beats her wings once and then she rises further, motioning him with a subtle twist of her chin. “Follow me, Contagion.”

The trip is relatively easy, and although she pushes him faster and faster, the wind cutting at her cheeks until tears leaked, she is barely spent when they finally land. Her face is flush with the excitement, with the journey, and when she turns back to him, it is with a smile that brightens her face, brightens her eyes.

They have landed on the beach of Tephra with the sunlight beginning to leak from the sky.

It is quiet here, and secluded, and the water that laps upon the white shore is dark turquoise and deep. She walks toward it and lets the water rush up against her cannon bones, pressing the feathers around her legs. For a moment, she is quiet, just watching the water and listening to the distant roar of it.

Finally, she turns to face him and gives him a shy smile.

“This is home.”

it's our dearest ally, it's our closest friend
    it's our darkest blackout, it's our final end

@[contagion]
    [Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity