• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

break some bread for all my sins | nikoline
    take my head & kick it in
    break some bread for all my sins

Dahmer makes a face of mock confusion at the lovely Nikoline, his imaginary brows furrowed. "Odd. I thought I remembered to put on my Eau de Murderer cologne on today." He gives a gentle shrug as if to say 'oh well! before pivoting his dark frame in the direction of his their home. He dips his head to her, the picture of a perfect gentleman (for the time being), before setting his gait at a brisk trot.

Their trip isn't too strenuous, and it isn't long before the biting air of the Field is left behind to make way for the warm, dense air of Tephra. The territory is an interesting mix of tropical forest and picturesque volcano. The warm breeze greets them, making the long grasses sway as the pair moves gracefully through the verdant waves. "Welcome to Tephra, my painted lady," he muses warmly to Nikoline.

Turning his head, Dahmer's blue eyes find the brown and white mare next to him. "You'll see there is no snow, as advertised," a lopsided grin and a pause to appreciate the warm territory, "Magnus leads us, quite adeptly, but feel free to come to me if you have any... itches that need scratching." He laughs quietly before turning his gaze from the mare and back to the scenery before them. His bright blue eyes see Jord in the distance, and he finds that he is hopeful she has made some friends within the herd lands.

After a moment, Dahmer turns his attention and his gaze back to the companion at his side. "Care to tell me a bit about yourself, Nikoline?"

+ tagnikoline
    + notes
    BY MITZI

His comment conjures forth a small laugh, curling her lips and brightening her usually brooding features. It surprises the two toned mare but she does not allow it crease her features. The woman prefers to keep that little tidbit of close to herself.

The dark eyes gather the way Dahmer moves. He is of rugged poise cut from rough silk, a lovely capture of tender aggression. Niko finds that she likes the way he rolls his shoulders, the way they bunch so tensely that it is as if his body is carved from hard onyx, if only for a second. She follows suit and meets his pace with a casual effort.

Careful senses feel the shift from frigid cold to that of tepid warmth that slides into the slippery grip of humid jungle air. Sulfur floats in a knotted tangle but Niko soon becomes use to the saturating environment. Dahmer's words draw away her currently occupied attention. She had been observing this new home curiously with a slightly tipped head and curiously amused expression. "It is lovely, my dear gentleman caller." The mare teases lightly back as an easy smile pulls her lips up in an impish grin. Niko listens as the dark stallions explains the land's leader and the lack of snow (Niko acknowledges this remark with a pleasing curt nod of her head as though she were a queen on a tour of a new country.)

"Well, there isn't much to say I suppose. I was born in Beqanna like most of the horses that live here." The brown and white mare gives a small shrug of her own. She prefer to leave out that fact she is born of a king and queen. Those little details were unimpressive and only sounded like petty attempts for recognition or respect. Niko prefers to be her own horse instead of riding coattails. Eyes move to meet where Dahmer's currently rest. "Your mare?" The question is asked innocently enough, nothing of probe or possession. She is just simply curious of this rather interesting stallion who has just plucked her from the field and brought their home.

NIKOLINE

You're flyin' high at push on, I'm feelin' hot to the touch

Dahmer watches Nikoline from the corner of his eye as she inspects Tephra, a small amount of priding swelling in his chest at her gentle smile. First reactions had always been the thoroughbred's favorite, even back in the Subway (though the reactions there had usually been, admittedly... less than thrilled. His homeland hadn't been all that attractive, but oh, how he had loved it).

When they come to a halt, it's between the treeline of Tephra's forest and one of the numerous lava streams that could be found meandering through the territory. It's warm and inviting, and Dahmer can't help but feel at home, and to top it off, there is something about the bay overo mare that intrigues him.

She doesn't give him much of a history, but the black beast can't blame her for something that he would also do. He does, however, tilt his head to the side and eye her with his brilliant blues, "Were you here for the Reckoning?" He had heard much of the event that had changed the lives of every creature within Beqanna, and as to be expected, they were all handling it in their own way. Dahmer is curious if Nikoline had been any different before the fairies had come to punish the people of Beqanna.

When his eyes wander momentarily to the friesian mare in the distance, the painted Nikoline is swift to catch it, though he doesn't find anything accusatory in her voice. With a small nod, he turns his gaze back to the companion at his side. "Her name is Jord," he pauses to consider what he should tell Nikoline about the other mare, "She's had a rough time of it. I always hope that those I bring to Tephra will befriend one another, but I'm especially concerned about her." Falling silent, he contemplates what had urged him to reveal his feelings. He did not often share the way he felt, whether good or bad. Deciding to dote on it later, the black beast grins devilishly at Nikoline. "Would you like to play a game?"

+ tag nikoline
    + notes
    BY MITZI

The bay over does not miss much. A curious secret smile seemed to constantly pluck at her lips at it's corners. Lobes are forward and listening to the tall stallion's easy words. Niko finds that she enjoys the way his jaw flexes, the way his eyes soften as he speaks of the other dark woman. He is kind despite the steely gaze that seems to drift just on the surface of his appearance.

Her own sea glass gaze drifts to follow Dahmer's as he looks at the other woman momentarily before his questions pull her back in. "Hm? The Reckoning? Oh yes, I was here when it happened. My parents...well they were once rulers of different lands." She speaks in a nonchalant sing-song manner, shoulders shrugging casually. "Well you seem like a kind man, Dahmer. I'm a rather lucky girl to have found you." Though the stallion was the one who found her, Niko likes to tease playfully. A smile curls across her features like a feline's before she turns her head over a single painted shoulder at his proposition. "A game, you say? Why yes, I'd love to play a game." Dark lashes fall over the pale green gaze of her eyes as she anticipates whatever this 'game' could be.

NIKOLINE

--and she's buying her stairway to heaven

Photograph by

A warm breeze envelopes them suddenly, tugging at Dahmer's black mane and tail relentlessly and making his nostrils flare at the tinge of sulfur. His attention, however, remains on the painted mare at his side. They are close enough for her scent to mingle with the breeze, but not close enough that either of them are uncomfortable. The black stallion quite enjoys integrating small touches into his regular flirting routine, but there's something about Nikoline that seems almost... untouchable.

He's silent as she speaks of her parents, a plethora of questions forming in his thoughts. He refrains from interrupting, instead letting his gaze linger on the mare's expression, which has made an attempt to brush over the status of her sire and dam. The black thoroughbred lets it slide, but his lips twitch in amusement, and he doesn't attempt to hide the light in his eyes.

Her compliment is unexpected and he tilts his head in mock confusion at Nikoline, "Are you feeling well?" He gives her a small wink and swings his muzzle over to nudge at her painted shoulder, "I suppose I need to start ramping up my vileness again." A chuckle falls from his lips and he pivots away from Nikoline, hooves pulling him closer to the treeline as he asks her playfully about a game.

As expected, Nikoline doesn't hesitate to acquiesce. Dahmer's devilish grin seems a permanent fixture at this point, and his voice a low growl as he whispers to the mare once more, "We cannot touch each other. The first one to initiate contact loses and must pay a price," a pause, "but we can each tease as much as we'd like."

The stallion gives another quiet chuckle, "And if I win, you have to address me as the love of your life for an entire year."

+ tag nikoline
    + notes you're not allowed to hate me for responding to this immediately ♥
    BY MITZI

The stallion at her side certainly keeps her entertained. He was a handsome, daring beast that seems to just enjoy watching the different reactions that seem to flutter across Niko's features. "Well now, that is certainly an interesting game to play." The normally controlled woman can not help but giggle as he tosses the dark forelock from her eyes. "And if I win, what do I get?" She eyes the male coyly as her lips curl into a cheshire smile.

Already she feels the place at her shoulder tingling from his touch, the other horses around temporarily forgotten. Her hazel eyes focus on him and only him as he await is answer, curious of what he will offer as payment. The mare contains herself and the anticipation of this little game. She moves close to his body, his warmth radiating over her pretty painted hide. His scent is strong and masculine and offers the promise of warmth and security. Niko inhales and exhales across his skin as she watches the way his his muscles work just beneath the dark pelt.

NIKOLINE

--and she's buying her stairway to heaven

Photograph by

Without hesitation, Nikoline agrees to his game and offers him another of her coy giggles. His blue eyes linger on her playful grin even after her voice trails off, though he makes a look of contemplation in acknowledgment of her question. "It wouldn't be too fair for me to pick my prize and not allow you to choose yours, would it?" Nickering quietly as she moves closer to him, her warmth permeating, the black stallion tears his gaze from Nikoline and begins to move further into Tephra, almost hating to pull his frame away from hers, the forest surrounding their volcano greeting him like an old friend.

He continues at a lazy pace, his narrow black frame meandering through the thick foliage of their home. He inhales deeply, the heavy air mingling with Nikoline's scent just enough for him to know whether or not she had followed him into the forest.

Calling back over his muscled shoulder, Dahmer's voice is playful and warm. "Have you decided yet, sweetling?" His penchant for pet names had gotten him in trouble a time or two, but for the most part, they had been worth the trouble.

D A H M E R
    break some bread
    for all my sins