• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Can I get a bump? {Magnus}
    You suck my face : You lay me down : Under your skin : I'm so divine
    Dahmer had led the ebon temptress to her new home, Tephra. She could smell Magnus' scent miles away, it was familiar to her. Her caramel orbs scanned the new home as she walked into the depths of the terra. She followed the new leaders scent. Her ebon pistons carried her to new new life.. step by step. After her last encounter with Magnus, she hoped he would allow her to live her. She saw him in the distance. The way she carried herself.. was off. It was as if something had snapped in her brain. She blamed Akkadian.. but he was dead now.. to her.

Her orbs watched him as she got closer, her pistons slithering her bodice to him, almost as if she was praying on him.. "Magnus." Her velvety, warm vocals called out. Her skull cocked to one side as a smirk melted across her maw.. "Remember me? Long time no see.." Her head almost roboticly snapped back upright. Her smirk melted into a soft, beautiful smile. She walked closer to him before bowing her head to him to show respect. "I hope you dont mind.. Dahmer let me make the lovely Tephra my new home.." She said lifting her head. "Anyways.. how have you been?" She asked as she watched him, her orbs scanning over his physique.. still as appealing as usual. "Enough about you... I'm looking for some sort of diplomacy path for the kingdom.. you know how serious i get about respect and loyalty.  You know I wont let you down." She spoke with a wink, cocked her head once more and waited for a response.
    JORD
    HTML by Call

Of course, he remembered her. That trip to the field had been one of the most eventful ones he had ever experienced. He often thought of Jord and Akkadian, wondering whether they had ever been able to reconcile with one another or if that rift between then was still bloody and infinite, irreparable. Still, he had not imagined that she would ever find her way to Tephra so imagine his surprise when he had watched her walk in alongside Dahmer, studying her to make sure that his eyes were not deceiving him.

He had considered walking over then, but then decided to give them space and so he had watched from afar, making sure both were safe and well before turning back toward the border and his responsibilities.

He was not surprised that she sought him out, it was not as if Tephra did not smell of him, and so when he swung his head up to see her sauntering over to him, he gave a roguish smile, gold-flecked eyes glinting. “Jord, what a pleasure to see you again.” He took a step forward and bumped the velvet of his nose against her own, remembering briefly the response from Akkadian at the casual way he had touched her.

But Akkadian was not here and Magnus was not about to alter his behavior for the man.

“I don’t mind in the slightest. I am glad to know you’ve come here.” She had been erratic the last time that he had seen her—violent, even—but she had also been hurt, distressed. He would remember what lived inside of her, but he wasn’t about to hold it against her. It wasn’t as if he was in a place to judge others. “I have been well.” His voice dropped slightly, eyes failing to mask his concern. “And you?”

He didn’t bring anyone up by name, but the last time he saw her, she had been bleeding and upset. He hadn’t wanted to leave her, but it hadn’t seemed as if she had wanted company. He had never forgiven himself for not being able to find her again, although he had tried. “I have worried about you.”

At her request, her just smiled.

“Tephra is open to all. If you would like to join the ranks, we would be glad to have you.”

out of the blue out into the loneliest place that you'll ever know
    I carried the world just as far as I could but the damage had taken its toll

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]
    You suck my face : You lay me down : Under your skin : I'm so divine
    Jord got chills as her hazel orbs met his golden flecked eyes. A gentle smile came across her maw as he bumped his nose against hers.. she couldn't help but bump back. Her orbs scanned over the king, he looked well.. strapping as usual. He was definately a looker. Her auds pricked, listening to his words. "Its a pleasure to see you again too Magnus" Jord said gently nuzzling him once more. "I'm glad to hear you're doing well.. As for myself.. I'm doing much better." Jord said with a genuine smile. Suddently she looked shocked, startled.. at his words. He was worried about her. HER.. how? why? "W.. what?" Jord studdered.. "Wh.. why were you worried about me?" Jord spoke. Did someone finally actually care for her... doubt it.. she thought to herself.. She bowed her skull to him.. "It would be an honor sir.. to join your ranks." Jord spoke before lifting her head once more.
    JORD
    HTML by Call

sorry this is horrible! gotta get back into the swing of things!

There were entire worlds lost within her. He couldn’t comprehend them, or name them, but he somehow knew that what she had seen and the lives that she had lived did not parallel the lives of those who lived within Beqanna. In intrigued him, even though he didn’t recognize the origins of it. His gold-flecked eyes traced over her, studying her, wishing that he could unlock the secrets of her heart to spill out before him.

At the surprise in her voice and the shock in her eyes, he frowned. Was she so unused to having someone look out for her that she couldn’t comprehend that a friend would care? Was it such a foreign concept for her? “Of course, I worried, Jord.” His voice was low, deep, something shared between only the two of them. “You were hurt the last time I saw you—both physically and, well,” his voice trailed off, remembering the altercation. “What happened between you and Akkadian did not leave you unscathed.”

He had liked the black steed when they had first met; recognized him as a fellow warrior, a soldier. But it seemed like the two were never destined to meet on happy terms. They had always squared off, and while he was unapologetic for it, he still did not enjoy it. But now, looking at Jord, he couldn’t bring himself to worry about the other. Akkadian was fully capable of taking care of himself. He could mend the relationship with the mare if he so chose to do so. It wasn’t up to Magnus to do it for him.

“Then consider yourself an official member of Tephra,” he smiled, motioning toward the land. Bringing himself back to the current conversation, he straightened. “Is there anything you’d like to see or know?”

Jord's hazel orbs couldn't help but watch as she caught Magnus just looking her over carefully, watching her.. almost as if he was lost in her. She couldn't help but blush a little but she tried to let it pass. 'Of course, I worried, Jord." He spoke, his vocals deep.. his words gave her slight chills and her heart fluttered. The temptress listened to his words reminding her of their.... her.. past.She watched him watch her momentarily, as if they both were looking through their own one way mirrors. She lowered her head for a moment then looked up from the ground and smiled at him. "Well you have no need to worry about me  now.. I'm here and I'm safe." Jord said with a sweet, caring smile at him as she stepped closer to him. Part of her wanted to be by his side.. Something about him.. she was intensely attracted to. It wasn't just that he cared. Almost in voluntarily she stretched out her nape, her skull wanting to reach toward him,.. yet she pulled back and adverted her eyes from him. 

She turned away, her pistons slinked her bodice over so her orbs could look over Magnus's kingdom.."You have such a nice place here. How long have you ruled?" Jord ask looking back over her shoulder at him, the sunlight reflecting off her ebon silhouette.. as her refined yet stunning face looked back at him with a smile. She turned her skull away from him once more, her orbs surveying the land.. "Well as I would like to work as a diplomat.. or what ever position you would like me to be in, is there anywhere in your kingdom you would like to show me?" Jord asked still watching the land, her banner and forelock blowing gently in the breeze.  
    JORD
    HTML by Call

He smiled kindly at her as she dropped her head, as she looked up at him through her lashes. “I am very glad to know that you found your way here,” he said, voice genuine. For a moment, he glanced away toward the border, missing the almost touch, not seeing the space between them disappear for a second. When he looked back, she had withdrawn, but he had no way of knowing and so he only smiled.

“To be completely frank, I don’t view it as ruling much.” He shrugged his powerful shoulders,  the scars rippling across them, as he stepped forward and to her side. “I have been General, and Lord, and King before of several kingdoms before the Reckoning.” He had called so many different places home, rising in rank in many of them, turning his bloodshed and sweat into power. “I do not claim to be King here. I am merely a guardian. I help protect those who call it home and serve them to the best of my abilities.”

It was the promise he had made to the faeries when Offspring and he had crawled up the mountain to make their case. They would use Tephra as a home and not a grab for power. They would use it to shield their families and any who needed a safe place to call their own. It was a promise he intended to keep.

“Now, if you are asking how long I have led, it would be since the beginning, although it was not always alone. After the Reckoning, Tephra was born from an alliance between several kingdoms. I helped to found it alongside Offspring, Eight, and Malis. They have, however, stepped down to live privately.” Leaving him to lead it alone. It was a lonely life sometimes, but it was one that he was accustomed to. He did not mind the responsibility that settled along his shoulders, the constant need to protect the land.

He laughed lightly at her question, although not unkindly, and stepped away, motioning her forward. “Well, as a diplomat, the best thing to show you would be the borders.” And with a smile, he moved forward to the border of Tephra, leading her around molten lava and water alike.

Jords auds listened to Maguns, mentioning how he was left to rule alone. She didn't say any thing, only nodded her skull in understanding. The guardian said she should see the boarders. Jords ebon bodice turned as she moved to follow him, her long pillars stepping over the small creeks of lava and water.. Steam rising when the two would meet. Jord thought to her self deeply, as her lungs took in the warm air, her orbs scanned over the beautiful terra, her hooves making a heavy sound on the hardened lava rock, yet quiet as a mouse when they landed on soft earth. 

The warm breeze blew her forelock out of her eyes, she closed her orbs.. and just smiled. This was her home now. As Jord walked with Magnus she took a silent but deep breath before exhaling and gently bumping Magnus's flank with her muzzle. "Magnus, I never got to truly thank you for the care and moment of companionship you showed me at the mountain base, before Akkadian came and ruined it. So.. thank you" Jord said bowing her head to him, the sunlight reflecting brightly off their pelts. She lifted her head and continued "..You were one of the first, besides offspring, to show me that others do care..about me. So I really appreciate that and you." She said with a genuine smile. Something in the weather, the terra had brought out this almost unseen, lovely, calm side of the princess. 

"I know too what it is like to be alone.. and I hope its not to forward to say but Magnus.. if you ever wish for an immortal maiden by your side, to love you unconditionally, and to one day bare however many immortal children you please, to extend both your legacy and blood line, I would like to throw my name into the hat.' Jord said bowing her head once more respectively. Jord was starting to worry that she would never find someone to be with, to carry on her own Ragna royal bloodline with as she was the last of the line. "I do not expect an answer from you, I only wish that you please give it some thought and keep it in mind." Jord said lifting her skull once more, her muscles rippling, a gentle kind smile on her maw. Jord honestly didn't even know where this side of her was truely coming from, but it felt right. Jord then reached around with her nape and gave the guardian a gentle bump, maw to maw, just as when they had met. She then dipped her head once more before lifting it to look back over the border.
    JORD
    HTML by Call

Although Magnus lived a rich, storied life, he often felt like he had been husked out. It was in the quiet of the night when these worries came to him—when he felt his insides empty, when his eyes took in the stars as they spun across the expanse of Tephra. He felt his heart thrum in his chest, now tangled alongside the gift of immortality, but no matter how hard he searched, it was difficult to find the heat. It was impossible to find that passion for living, that bubbling and simmering rage; all he felt, all he could find, was cold.

It wasn’t a weakness he liked to consider often or ever, to be honest. He turned his mind’s eye from it and focused on the task at hand: the duties and responsibilities of being a leader, of keeping Tephra safe. The land flourished quietly, families calling it home, children laughing throughout its borders, and it was enough. Enough to ease his mind, soothe the aches, bury the pain that so often lingered in his chest.

But the truth was that he was terrified had so little to give beyond that.

So he didn’t look at her as she spoke, not moving from her touch, but not returning it right away, taking a moment to process her offer, the gentle way that she placed her heart out before him. Finally, he took a deep breath and turned toward her, his gold-flecked eyes sad and his smile kind but small. “Jord,” his voice was thick, husky, and he finally returned her touch, reaching over to press the velvet of his inky nose to her jaw. “You are a beautiful, kind mare—any stallion would be lucky to have you at his side.”

He turned his gaze away to look to the border, feeling his pulse thud in his veins, his chest expanding with every breath. “The truth is that I have lived many years, many lives, and you deserve better than someone like me.” They all did, but that too was a truth that he hid from them, a truth he could not bear to look at straight. He looked back at her, taking her in. “I want to be friends though. I hope we can be.”

The maidens heart sank.. another rejection. She lowered her head away from Magnus as he spoke. She didn't want to but she pulled away from his touch. First Akkadian, then Dahmer, now Magnus. Jord was starting to deeply feel that she was ment to be alone. "Thank you for your kind words Magnus.." Jord spoke softly still turned away from  him.."Yet, so far in my life no one wants me by their side. Always pushed away.. " Jord said as her now slightly shakey pillars slowly turned her bodice away from him. Jord tried to keep herself from choking on her words "Yes.. friends is more than enough." She said as she slowly walked away from the boarder, her skull close to the earth. After walking a few steps away she stoped.. and listened to the window blow, feeling the warmth of the air on her skin. Jord was deciding if she just wanted to live in seclusion.. never give her heart to anyone again. Try to find happiness within her self. She lifted her head, attempted to crack a smile.. She turned to look back at Magnus and shot him a sweet, gentle, kind, beautiful, proud smile. "I will do my best to bring diplomacy to the safe haven of Tephra, my guardian." Jord spoke bowing her head to him.."Hope so see you around soon Magnus." And with a smile in her sparkling hazel orbs, she quickly looked away and broke into a sprint into the direction of the fields. The sound of her hooves on the earth sounded like the war drum that beat hard within her bodice. Wind blew through her forelock and banner as her graceful shadow-like form flew thru the terra. Even Jord wasn't sure where her life journey would take her from here.  
    JORD
    HTML by Call