• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Cut the crap {Offspring}
    You suck my face : You lay me down : Under your skin : I'm so divine
    Jords raven colored pistons slinked her bodice deep into the terra known as Tephra. Dahmer had brought her her.. to her new home. She could smell Offspring in the air. Part of Jord considered the lord to be like a father figure to her, more than anyone else had been in her life. Bringing her into the tundra, giving her work as a diplomat, being so kind to her.  Jord had been through a lot,mostly due to Akkadian.. even her mental state some would say had changed.. since she last saw Offspring. She lifted her nares to the sky, inhaling deeply. She caught onto his scent.

Jords body weaved through the dense forest leading into the depths of Tephra. She could see Offspring up ahead. She lifted her skull and called to him "Offspring!!" Happiness in her voice once more.. it had been a while. Her limbs moved swiftly as she cantered over to him, slowing down as she got close, stopping before him. "Offspring, do you remember me?" Jord asked bowing her head in respect to him. She lifted her head,  hopeful of his answer, cocking her head to the side inquisitively. 
    JORD
    HTML by Call
    don't forget that this is a choice.
    pick your poison; live with remorse.

Volcanic ash sifts gently, merging with the soft and fertile soil that lay beneath and pressing firmly around the minuscule, jagged edges of each hoof. Encased in the remnants of another pyroclastic flow, he can feel the heat of pooling lava near the very base of the volcano, though it is winding away from him - the light breeze carries its warmth across the plain. Faint beads of sweat trickle across his dark, but flawed flesh, the puckered pink scars glimmering beneath the rays of bleak sunlight that shines down overhead.

Once the King of snow and ice, it is wholly ironic to now be engulfed by heat and fire, though it burns within him as much as it stirs discomfort from him externally. He is not built for endurance in the heat, and yet he has adjusted, ignoring how the bristling heat of the lava and the humidity of a descending winter (never cold enough for him, but then again, nothing is as the tundra winters were to him). Still, his muscles twitch and roll irritably, tensing slightly as another warm breeze trails along the faint slope of his spine. He has grown numb to many things, but he can never shake the longing for the frigid and unforgiving winters he had once so willingly endured.

Shaken from his momentary reverie, his piercing red eyes stir from their intently set position, lazily gazing towards the rustling noise to the east. Suddenly, in a heartbeats' time, she is close to him, her powerful legs carrying her through the wavering stalks of grain, which sway so easily in the breeze. A familiar face (in his many years, he had yet to forget a face), and one not seen in what seems like many eons. Something stirs within him at the stark reminder of what he had once possessed, of what he had lost. She was iron and steel, but her unyielding smile and joy remind him too well of days when he had once been made of blistering, frigid ice, and it both soothes and frustrates him.

Alas, her presence is an unexpected but appreciated one - he had spent too much time in solace for the day, and he often succumbed too easily to darker thoughts when the loneliness set in before dusk.  Her broad skull dips slightly upon approach, and a low, rumbling chuckle rises from his chest, a wry smirk reaching his whiskered lips as he shifts his behemoth weight from one leg to another. "Jord; of course I remember you," He muses for a moment, his eyes following the hardened lines of her body. He recalled well how she had come to the brotherhood, assisting him in shattering the perceived image of the frigid land by working with him diplomatically to establish a new normal. "I may be old but I am far from senile. It is good to see that you. How have you been?"

He is not certain that he desires any depth to her answer; but the familiarity of her darkened face is enough to pry a genuine smile from him and a curious tilt of his head in inquiry.
    offspring
    You suck my face : You lay me down : Under your skin : I'm so divine
    Jords orbs seamed to flicker with happiness hearing Offsprings voice.. he remembered her after what felt like years. She couldn't help but walk up to him and give him a gentle hug. She stood back and looked over him. "You look well Offspring. I'm glad to see you!" She said with a smile. Jord hesitated before answering his question " I'm doing much better now. Plus i'm here in this unique land where I feel safe. I have not had anywhere to call home since the tundra got destroyed by the Mountain.." Jord said lowering her orbs.. "How are you liking it here so far?" Jord asked her former king, looking up to meet his eyes.

She lowered her head for a moment.."Offspring.." Jord spoke softly, pain could be heard in her voice.."I've always thought of you as the wisest person in my life. When it comes to love.. is there someone for everyone?" Jord asked softly.. "All my heart knows is pain and rejection... Is this what im destined to receive all my immortal years?" The maiden asked softly before gently lifting her skull for her hazel orbs to meet his.. waiting patiently for his response.
    JORD
    HTML by Call
    don't forget that this is a choice.
    pick your poison; live with remorse.

A shadow of doubt simmers beneath the surface of his burning eyes as he quietly settles within the moment, allowing the warmth of the humidity to envelope him in its suffocating grasp. Beneath the stillness of his body, his muscles tremble and twitch, his restlessness festering under an otherwise stoic demeanor. He is pulled from his moment of solace by her gentle touch, the heat of her skin pressing against his own as she manages to draw herself near to him, draping her own neck over the immense thickness of his own in an embrace. It is short lived, but it provokes another smile, the ridge of his brow furrowed slightly in amusement. She has always been bold; he should expect no less from her now.

The warmth of her eyes draws his own to focus on her, to listen intently to every carefully uttered word. Her initial hesitation does not go unnoticed, but there is a genuine tranquility to the tone of her voice, giving weight to her confession of finding safety and comfort within the uncomfortably warm, stifling land of volcanic ash. He, too, has found serenity within the confinement of its invisible borders - though he still longed for the bitter frigidity of never-ending winter, he had grown used to the trickling beads of sweat on his skin and the thick blanket of heat. Another chuckle emerges from his throat as he speaks again. "It is not the Tundra," he confesses. "but it has become home, nonetheless. I am satisfied. Content, even." As content as I can be, at least, he muses to himself.

His gaze soon settles on the horizon, observing the way the sun begins to sift through the thick, dense clouds that lumber slowly across the colorful sky, setting slowly beyond the immense volcanic peak in the center of the island. The warmth of day lingers still, but soon a blanket of stars will emerge and the sun will disappear beyond the skyline, and with it the temperature will fall, giving reprieve from the staunch heat of summer.

His attention is suddenly drawn to her again, though his eyes remain settled upon the falling sun. She utters his name, something hidden within the two syllables - something he had not heard from her before. Soon, there is mention of wisdom and he can hardly stifle the laughter that bubbles angrily within his throat. Wise? Far from it, he mulls to himself, but soon his fiercely red eyes meet with hers, a bubbling brook of hazel emotion.

Is there someone for everyone?

His heart clenches within his chest, his sweet Isle coming to mind, with her soft touch and gentle soul. Too pure to be loved by his own bruised, imperfect heart, though he cannot keep himself from being selfish. She is the closest thing he has known to heaven, and yet he has only brought hell to her, time and time again. The light in his burning eyes seems to all but extinguish, a weary sorrow taking its place as he observes Jord, taking in the gentle curve of her cheek and the way her anguish is etched into every feature. "I am far from wise, Jord, but yes, there is someone for everyone." he murmurs softly, his heavy tone rattled with emerging self-doubt. "I will confide in you something I have not told many others. I, too, am immortal," A secret he has hidden from many; even Isle. "I am one hundred and thirty-seven years old, and I still have much to learn about life.

A pause, and a sad smile.

"Pain and rejection will refine you; strengthen you. I have known my share of it, myself. The one I love most will one day die, and leave me alone again in the world. That is a pain I have to live with each and every day. Unfortunately, I cannot reassure you that you will not experience the same loss one day - but love is worth every memory made, and every loss had."

offspring
    You suck my face : You lay me down : Under your skin : I'm so divine
    Jord stayed by Offsprings side as he spoke, her bodice lax, her auds listening. A genuine smile crossed her maw hearing his encouraging words about there being someone for everyone. Jord was a bit surprised as Offspring confided a secret in her.. but after hearing his age she couldn't help but nudge him playfully.. "Daaaaang you are old!" She spoke laughingly with a sweet wink. She then suddenly saw his expression change, her expression also changed simultaneously.. Her auds picked up the pain in his voice.. "if pain and rejection is what strengthens me.. i must already be pretty strong.." Jord said.. not exactly proud, as she lowered her skull slightly. She couldn't stop hearing the pain in his voice,  she gently nuzzled his shoulder with her maw and cheek.. trying to comfort the man. She could only guess all the pain he has lived through. She wished she could cheer him up, but he already has a partner he loves dearly.. she could tell. Anyone could see that Jord did have a large, caring heart.. but to her no one seamed to see it. She didn't want to overstay her physical welcome as she pulled her maw away from his side. She nodded to him in respect. "I dream that one day I can feel the strong love you feel for yours toward someone of my own."[b] Jord said, her voice pure, dream-like. Her bodice was calm next to him, as the stars slowly twinkled in the sky above them. Her orbs looked up at them a soft smile once again sat gently on her maw. [b]"Even though this world may by harsh there is always something beautiful to be found.." The woman said softly... hazel orbs and ebon skull pointed up at the sky with her nape extended.. feeling the slightly cool evening air in her banner. 
    JORD
    HTML by Call