• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

way down we go; any
    Stillwater
    His eyes lit as she took a step backwards, retreating from his touch. He cocked his head as he studied her. Interesting. Typically he was so quickly accepted, so instinctively desired and reached for. Something here went deeper than his unnatural attraction, his lure to enthrall them closer and closer still. He didn't follow her withdrawal despite the natural pull to do so, to fill the gap she pressed between them. Her honey-eyes darted away from him, and still he stood, listening to the delicious race of her pulse beneath her tender skin.

For a time, she was lost to him, hidden away in tangled thoughts. It was revealing, this hiding from him. So there was more to her than the shallow exterior she put on, the play that annoyed him more than he let them see. But all too soon it was back again, the true Charlemagne was packed away and locked up tight, tucked and hidden out of sight, and out came the showgirl that he'd rather just drown and devour. And yet a cryptic grin slowly spread, a smile that was unintentionally and yet devastatingly alluring. Because she offered him a feast.

"I have been known to take a swim in my day," she said, every line of her sketching an image of seduction once more, pathetic wiles entirely lost on him. He nearly sighed, but held the glimmer of interest in his dark eyes. "But I much prefer talk about you trying to make me wet." She was seductive, knew exactly what she was doing, what she was saying and how she was saying it. How he should be hearing it.

And yet she seemed to have no idea he'd rather just hold her beneath the water and watch her drift away in his grip, drink her and hear the bubbling screams sounding like a beautiful siren singing through the underwater world. They never really knew, though. They weren't meant to until it was too late.

His smile grew, eyes bright with hunger as he circled her closely. This time he didn't touch her, didn't give her reason to shy away again. Faded light of the moon lit across his wet skin, catching on those coarse little hairs that made him appear so very normal to them as he passed the round of her hip. His progress was languid and slow, drawn out in the silence that he let fall over them. He placed her between them, between the monster and his sea, his mouth slowly reaching for her again as he met her eyes, watched her to turn and face him.

It won't be difficult, he said smoothly, quietly, as he stepped closer to her. Backwards, he guided her with each methodical step, to the bank, to the water. It'll be fun, he breathed, the desire evident in his voice, in the attractive gleam to his dark eyes. Another step forward, holding that canary gaze so delicately, so firmly. He smiled, dazzling and perfect; trustworthy. You might like it, he offered softly.

Another step forward.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it
    charlemagne
    If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
    He approached her with a glint in his eye that let her know that he was serious. But what was he serious about? Was he serious about getting her in the water? Serious about her, or just about what she could give him?

She took slow, calculated steps backwards , until she felt her back foot sploosh to the water. She could not help herself. She lifted her head to the heavens and rolled her eyes closed with the pleasure she felt at the cold rushing up her leg. She took a gasp, and let her mask down again, this time unwittingly.

Carli loved the water. Her wings splayed outward and down, just the tips gripping helplessly at the cold ripples her body shivering with anticipation at the prospect of going swimming again. But with these awkward floatation devices—her wings—and no way to reach the bottom before he lungs gave out, she had made herself swear that she would stay away from the water’s edge. And yet, the slippery man—she had watched his skin go from pelt and back again—had an oily look in his eyes, as if she was the prey he had been looking for all day. It’s not difficult he say, crooning to her. She knows this.

It’d be fun. Yes. Oh gods yes. She knows it would be. Her golden eyes widen once more and she takes another breathy gasp—the serenity all but crumbling into the water at her feet. You might like it.

She had lived in the water when she’d been Queen. Queen no more. Just a woman. Staring at a man who quite suddenly had become most dangerous for her. Her muscles tweaked, and she forgets her innocence. If she is to survive this game, she best needs to be herself. Her voice changes, becoming less breathy, and she allows her own predatory gaze to roll over him like hot wet amber. Her smile is genuine, but less than innocent, and she takes a step… neither towards him or the beach, but in place. Her wings drag over the water and pump upward, spraying him with water before coming to rest upon her back, silver droplets sliding down the side of her body and falling at her feet like an alter.

She watches as the water slides down his visage, falling down his chest, and to his well formed legs… and onto…a ring? She smirks again, mentally disciplining herself for not having seen or heard it until now. He is taken, Carli girl. Have your fun with him and be done. He is most dangerous.

He probably doesn’t even want you.

Her voice breaks the silence then. “I have been swimming these waters long before you took your first breath, my darling.” She ceases the game. It does her no good. She refuses to become his prey.

“I will take to the water with you, but only if you give me your name, and tell me why you have that ridiculous thing on your leg? Are you domesticated? Or have you taken a lover that keeps you secret and locked away from the rest of the outside world?”

If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?
    Stillwater
    He pressed her slowly backwards, so gradually into exactly where he wanted her. The water licking against her ankles stayed her, and she hesitated with a tilt to her chin. He paused too, watching intently as she breathed deeply, soaking in the feel of his lake against her skin as though it brought her pleasure. His eyes sharpened, trained on every barest flicker in her muscles, in her stance, in her expression. His heart light and still.

She craved the water.
    Not as much as he. Never as much as he.
    But it was there in her airy breath, in her widened eyes when they opened again.

But something shifted in her, steeled against him as she grazed her eyes over him like a predator. His jaw clenched and his eyes hardened, almost changed but held to their dark blue. He was immediately on alert, guarded and watchful. She smiled, draping her wings into the water and flicking a splash at him before settling them at her sides. The water kissed him, drizzled over his black coat without even a hint at flinching at the sudden movement.

Then her eyes were following it, trailing it as smooth droplets glided sweetly down his sculpted limbs. Her attention snagged on the chain at his wrist, his magical tether to this land disguised as delicate, fine jewelry fit for a king. Fit for the king she'd made him when the genie snapped it around him like a shackle with a smile on wickedly beautiful lips and a laugh in her sea-green eyes.

He showed no signs of being bothered, no hint at the heaviness settling in his chest or the bitterness on his tongue. He had forgiven Djinni in his own way, to some extent. He would begrudge this prison against her, but he'd made the best of it. He'd made the best of her, too, though unexpected as it was. He felt his lips curve and match that smirk on Charlemagne's mouth. Would his delicious master dislike her pet to take another? That was curious, but he didn't think he cared enough to find out. This one was so very pretty, though, so very delectable. But if he took her, it would be entirely for himself. Surely, she could be heated and warmed beneath his expert touch, drawn in by the unnatural attraction of his beast and suckled on so sweetly.

His mouth watered and he smiled slowly as she spoke, threw her questions at him. His breathing slowed, and he stepped purposefully to her, without urging her further into the water this time. Keeping her where she was if that was more comfortable. She would go to the water with him, she said, if he gave his name, not realizing she didn't have a choice if he took it from her. She'd go willingly if he answered all these questions that felt so dangerously prying and put him on alert. His eyes fell to her nose, her lips, and he brushed his mouth gently above the curve of her velvety nostrils, his gaze lifting again to meet hers intently.

I am Stillwater, he offered quietly, a touch of amusement in the warmth of a bourbon voice, smooth and flowing and hot. Because he was anything but still water in that moment; fluid and slow but moving ever closer, his body heat seeking hers. To her other questions, digging for information about his attractive little bracelet, he chuckled softly, swept parted lips across her cheekbone, the slope of her jaw, the side of her tender throat. You don't like it? he asked softly, hot breath fanning against her skin, I find it rather fetching, myself.

And he did, of course. He hated what it stood for, his freedom stolen, his loyal servitude, but Djinni always had such good taste. And it did look damn good.

He placed a kiss there, just below her jaw, so lightly. Just the one. Then smiled against the delicate gold of her, tempted to graze his teeth along her but holding back. For now.
    Any more questions? he whispered.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it