• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any
    djinni

She meets Dahmer's blue gaze with her easy smile, noting the way that he defers to Magnus for talk beyond simple introductions. The buckskin stallion is of a higher rank, she assumes, but it doesn't lessen her opinion of the black stallion as she replies that: "The pleasure is mine, gentlemen" to them both The words are formalities - nothing that she has not said a dozen times - but she means them. Djinni suspects that these two strangers are from another of Beqanna's established lands, and Magnus confirms it.

The grullo mare smiles when the buckskin male mentions the volcano. "I know a mare from Tephra," she tells them, "Do you know Lucrezia?" Djinni is rather fond of the champagne mare. The majority of that goodwill is borne from their shared former homeland, but she'd rather enjoyed the frank nature of the other female, and she imagines that other residents of Tephra must be of at least equal candor.

Her attention is drawn away from the two stallions by the arrival of another mare. This one is less of a stranger than the two Tephrans, but Djinni has not yet met Stillwater's newest amusement. It seems that he's given her a position, and Djinni doesn't let her lack of awareness of Karaugh's title show on her face. She listens politely, her bright smile in place as the bay mare asks after her father. It seems that the ties between these new lands are no less complex than they were in the kingdoms of Old Beqanna.

She watches, curious, as Karaugh takes in the measure of the two stallions. It seems that Stillwater could have done worse in his selection, though it remains to be seen how far Karaugh looks beneath the surface. She returns the bay mare's smile with a friendly grin. She is the very picture of an open book, the small sweet queen who just happens to change color every now and then. There is nothing deeper than that, and she turns politely back to Dahmer and Magnus after a moment.

"Well, this is the Forest of Sylva," she says, gesturing to the land around them with her dark muzzle. "Our trees stay autumn red year round, which keeps the worst of the weather away; I imagine your volcano keeps you warm as well?" Lucrezia had said as much, but she is still curious. "Queen Marlyn left us last autumn, and Stillwater and I have been leading the kingdom since." Diplomacy is a bit of give and take, and there are no secrets in what she says.

current appearance:
    slim build
    smoky grullo minimal tobiano
    sea green eyes
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Dahmer - 01-18-2017, 10:49 PM
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Djinni - 01-24-2017, 09:29 PM
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Dahmer - 01-28-2017, 09:07 PM
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Dahmer - 02-03-2017, 08:35 PM